Shhh, not telling

kjwinston

This was written by another cruiser:

"We were surprised that cabin service was the slowest and most inconsistent we have ever encountered on any previous cruise, including on Celebrity, for both morning cleaning and evening turndown. On at least five evenings, we had no turndown service at all. We never received our Captain's Club letter inviting us to events, nor the coupons for discounts on services we had already paid full price for, and eventually visited the hostess to obtain them. Our stateroom never was provided with robes. Unlike some past cruises, the stewards never left towel animals in the room (not necessary for us, but a whimsical touch that some passengers enjoy.) "

Now my question? If the service was this bad would you not report it to one of the officers? Even the service of slow Cabin Service? Would you not bring it to the attention of someone?

I have always tried to learn the names of all my Cabin Stewards and anyone who is assigned to me. I don't consider my self shy, and if I was getting bad service I would report it? Is it just me? I just wonder why some folks would rather compalin then try to get the concern solved?

KJ

We are the cruises who posted this. The ship had a very hectic embarkation day due to a rigorous CG inspection, so we didn't want to rush to complain early on, as perhaps they were getting back into their stride. Our bigger concern was cigarette smoke smell, which we brought to the attention of the staff, and it was corrected.

We kept thinking the room stewards would improve and become consistent, but it just never fully happened, and because of the smoke issue we didn't want to come off as whiners. We were on board to enjoy a lovely vacation, which it was, not to complain.

I'd imagine some folks rush to the front desk with small issues. Having your room unmade at 2 p.m. or missing an evening chocolate and having your bed turned down is no tragedy worth going to the front desk to complain about. The 2nd or 3rd time, it's a minor annoyance. But by the end of the cruise, it just showed a lack of the standards we experienced before on Celebrity.

We happened to ask the cruise sales person about the missing robes, and she erroneously said they are not provided in all outside stateroom categories. We didn't worry about it but later learned that was not true, so mentioned the omission to the front desk to be sure to avoid adding the robes as a charge to our account.

We did eventually take time to visit the Captains Club hostess who apologized and gave us the missing coupons and invitation to events.

We chose not to focus on the lapses in the cabin services (the only time this has happened in almost 30 cruises, including on the Century) because - as you see in the review - there were positives that outweighed the minor negatives.

But we did let the company know via our comment card. And yes, I believe that reviews should include positives and negatives.

Archived