How does Unlimited Soda Package work?

And you can still get soda from any bar by showing your sea pass. Plus, depending on the port, you may have to pay additional taxes by purchasing on board.

What if I try to negotiate with the hawker to give me the cup in advance by showing the coke logo on the seapass, then relay the info to the room steward not to bring a cup to my stateroom anymore. Not sure if this arrangement can be made. It would be nice to have the first traditional meal of weck at the park cafe with a unique coca cola product of my choice not found anywhere else besides the freestyle machine.

The port is Fort Lauderdale, do you mean that if you bought the unlimited soda package while the ship is docked in the embarkation port, you will pay additional taxes, compared to if you bought it online or after the ship has left port?

If so, this this applies to other ship purchases while still in the port as well? Like if you buy the unlimited internet package while the ship is still on the US port, you pay additional taxes?

Edited by roquejo

What if I try to negotiate with the hawker to give me the cup in advance by showing the coke logo on the seapass, then relay the info to the room steward not to bring a cup to my stateroom anymore. Not sure if this arrangement can be made. It would be nice to have the first traditional meal of weck at the park cafe with a unique coca cola product of my choice not found anywhere else besides the freestyle machine.

The port is Fort Lauderdale, do you mean that if you bought the unlimited soda package while the ship is docked in the embarkation port, you will pay additional taxes, compared to if you bought it online or after the ship has left port?

If so, this this applies to other ship purchases while still in the port as well? Like if you buy the unlimited internet package while the ship is still on the US port, you pay additional taxes?

Yes I mean there are some places and/or circumstances where the ships are required to charge state sales tax or maybe VAT in Europe. You will have to check to see what happens at your port of embarkation. I think they were charging state sales tax in Boston [emphasize "I think"] I don't recall about Ft Laudedale. You can try to finagle a cup on board even if you buy on-line but I doubt any chance of success. Up to you, but the freestyle machines have little interest for me -- I am content with straight Diet Coke. So any potential savings is a bonus. In any event, depending on when you board, we are talking at most a couple of hours without the cup. The sales tax or VAT will be a few dollars, so take your pick.

Anyway, back to topic...

I'm finally sold to this package after thinking about it and purchased one online.. it's really great value.

But I read on the confirmation email that the cup will be delivered to my stateroom.. Oops!!

I think it would be better if you just buy it there rather than buy it online.. because the stateroom will only be ready in the afternoon..

That means, you can only start using those freestyle machine in the afternoon when you're room is ready and the cup has been delivered.

Compared with those who bought it there and got the cup from the hawker, they can use the machine right away in the morning while waiting for their room to be ready.

I ordered on the internet because I wanted our Sea Pass card to have it on there. I have seen on here that people sometimes loose their sticker that they add after you get on the ship to buy the package. It doesn't bother me to wait a little bit but if you can't wait, I believe you can cancel your order if you are far enough out.

Hope it works out for you. Have a great cruise.

If using the freestyle machine immediately is that important to you, then buy the package when you get on the ship. Anytime we have bought the package on the ship, they write up the charge slip by hand and it is processed after we have left port so there is no tax applied.

They will not let you take a cup from the table is you have purchased the package in advance. They have no way of knowing you are going to return the cup that is waiting for you in your cabin.

Yes I know about the sticker vs the coca cola imprint..that is why I purchased online..

I got this from RCCL website:

What is the fountain soda package?

A: The fountain soda package entitles you to unlimited refills at any of our bars or lounges, Windjammer Café, Main Dining Room and our private destinations. A complimentary Coca-Cola® souvenir cup is included as part of every fountain soda package. The cost of a fountain soda package is determined by the length of your stay, with an average daily cost of $6.50 for adults and $4.50 for children* plus gratuity. (*Child prices available for kids under 18.) The fountain soda package is sold for the entire length of the cruise vacation only. Only fountain soda is offered with the soda packages. The mini bar sodas are not included in the package and carry a separate charge.

Enjoy savings off the onboard price by pre-purchasing online.

So it might be cheaper to pre purchase it online.

Edited by roquejo

• 5 months later...
Hi there could anyone please tell me if rhapsody of the seas offers the coca cold freestyle soft drink machine?

We are boarding rhapsody of the seas in 11 days.

Thanks

Kimberley

No Freestyle on Rhapsody.

• 4 years later...

Sharing soda and sharing alcohol are two entirely different scenarios. The cost to the cruise line of those sodas out of the freestyle machine is like less then a nickel a cup. If it's "stealing" it's akin to picking up a dollar on the ground someone dropped over the entire cruise. I plan to get the deluxe package on my next cruise and hand off my souveiner cup to my soda-addicted friend as I don't drink any soda at all.