Bumper cars are for the kids - not you!

If they are trying to target families, why not put more "wow" factor into the pool deck? How come Royal has no water slides? The H2O zone is basically a toddler splash pad- I was surprised they didn't do more in this area. Instead of that pod thing, how about a really tall waterslide, maybe one of those tube ones that goes over the side like on the Disney ship?

My kids could take or leave bumper cars, flowriders, and rock walls...but boy would they love an updated pool experience!

Yes, I would have liked to see more of that and less of what they are doing. They have not announced all the features yet so we shall see.

This seventy year old perpetual kid plans to ride in the bumper cars. Little whippersnappers can wait their turn.

Good for you !! I agree... big kids and adults will like them too. If people dont like this kinda stuff there is always HAL.... :p

The bumper cars on Surf Ave. in Coney Island are really cool for kids of all ages with the flashing lights and loud music. If I was on the Quantum I would most likely try them so I could say "hey I was on bumper cars on a cruise ship" but I would have to agree with the OP that these ones look rather "kiddie".

Adam Goldstein and Richard Fein drove out in 2 of them. They looked adult sized to me.

Gina

If they are trying to target families, why not put more "wow" factor into the pool deck? How come Royal has no water slides? The H2O zone is basically a toddler splash pad- I was surprised they didn't do more in this area. Instead of that pod thing, how about a really tall waterslide, maybe one of those tube ones that goes over the side like on the Disney ship?

My kids could take or leave bumper cars, flowriders, and rock walls...but boy would they love an updated pool experience!

The thing is we don't know what the pool deck will be like ...unless you know something we don't ?:confused:

I am generally enthusiastic about most of the innovations on Quantum. Also I am a die hard Royal Caribbean cheerleader. But I have to say I really, really don't care for the NorthStar observation attachment.

I just don't like the looks of the NorthStar crane. It changes the entire look of the ship. It rather resembles a cargo ship crane. Frankly I am hoping that when Anthem arrives, it will not have the NorthStar feature. Just let it be something unique to Quantum.

Everything else looks fabulous though. I can't wait to see the ship. Hubby will surely want to try out the Northstar.

In my opinion, they are thinking about the year round cruise experience. There are many who have cruised the Explorer in the cool and cold months looking for more and different indoor experiences/activities. I think placing the Quantum in New Jersey they have really designed it for this departure port.

For me, I will try all the new items at least once, just like on the Oasis. When we cruised the Oasis, my MIL said she had to go on the carousel and have her picture taken so she could show her friends :)

I can't wait for more reveals to see what else she holds in store for us.

Mary

I agree with the OP! I feel like a lot of people are being critical because I guess for some reason everyone feels that only their desires are important. Everyone that has been posting seems to forget there are millions of people to cater to and there is so much more to be revealed!

I would just like to state what I thought was the obvious, but what seems to be missed by several.

I see many, many, many post's of people saying they don't get the purpose or the appeal of bumper cars on QoS. To me this is similar to saying I don't get the purpose of the kid clubs. Are you kidding me!?

Now don't get me wrong, I can understand how bumper cars don't appeal to adults, especially those without kids. But surely everyone can understand that the target audience of bumper cars are not the single traveler, the retiree's, or couples without kids etc...

I have 3 kids from the age of 9 to 14 and I pretty much got a 'wow' from them when telling them about the cars on-board (among other items like those at SeaPlex).

So my opinion on this is that RCI are targeting families with kids. Their purpose is to appeal to them.

That being said, it still may not appeal to all children and the novelty might wear off after a few rides, but doing some quick polling with some friends and family - it looks like these will be a huge hit with KIDS - not you!

So yes we understand that bumper cars may not appeal to you, just like video games in the kids club might not either. But there is more than one demographic to target. I am sure RCI has done their homework on this.

F

Not looking to get flamed - just sharing an opinion.

P.S. And for those who are "big" kids and want to indulge - go for it! :D

DaddyBytes

The bumper cars don't appeal to me but that's not the issue I see with them. It is at the sports complex so my sense is that hours will be limited. So you have long lines or appt just like the flow rider. People already complain about how the flow rider hours are limited although everyone enjoys it. You are right, this is more family oriented but they haven't revealed a lot of stuff yet. I do like the itinerary even though Florida is more convenient for us.

I was looking at the photos, are the bumper cars on the same floor as the skating and sports? Does that mean they swap between them at different times of the day?

Yes. In fact, one of the pictures that's been released shows people playing basketball with the bumper cars parked outside the rink.

I am generally enthusiastic about most of the innovations on Quantum. Also I am a die hard Royal Caribbean cheerleader. But I have to say I really, really don't care for the NorthStar observation attachment.

I just don't like the looks of the NorthStar crane. It changes the entire look of the ship. It rather resembles a cargo ship crane. Frankly I am hoping that when Anthem arrives, it will not have the NorthStar feature. Just let it be something unique to Quantum.

Everything else looks fabulous though. I can't wait to see the ship. Hubby will surely want to try out the Northstar.

This is the biggest mystery to me. I don't get it, you are high enough already, what more is there to see?. But if there is a line for it, there will be less people where I am.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Yes. In fact, one of the pictures that's been released shows people playing basketball with the bumper cars parked outside the rink.

That is one of my main concerns with the bumper cars. It would be nice if it was just bumper cars having an area during the day and turning it into the roller skating rink at night. However, those 2 activities sharing the same space with the sports court and ping pong probably means the actual time the bumper cars are open will be very limited. I'm thinking maybe only a couple of hours per day. That could lead to some very long lines during the limited time it is actually in use for bumper cars.

That is one of my main concerns with the bumper cars. It would be nice if it was just bumper cars having an area during the day and turning it into the roller skating rink at night. However, those 2 activities sharing the same space with the sports court and ping pong probably means the actual time the bumper cars are open will be very limited. I'm thinking maybe only a couple of hours per day. That could lead to some very long lines during the limited time it is actually in use for bumper cars.

You are right, there is limited time. Maybe there will be sign up for bumper cars, too. Skating might not be any more popular than on the ships with ice skating. I've never seen great demand for it. Here is what they are saying right now about the bumper cars and skating.

As well as offering new industry firsts, SeaPlexSM is a transformative signature space that will offer a huge range of different activities throughout the day and into the night!

By day:

• The mezzanine level of this dynamic two-story space will house four distinctively themed activity spaces featuring: table tennis, foosball, interactive games, air hockey and more

• In the large lower area guests can enjoy everything from Circus School with the first ever high-flying trapeze at sea and a full basketball court

By night:

• SeaPlex comes alive with the first ever bumper cars at sea, roller-skating, themed nights and dancing, all enjoyed to colorful lights and high energy music coming from the fantastic floating DJ booth suspended overhead

You are right, there is limited time. Maybe there will be sign up for bumper cars, too. Skating might not be any more popular than on the ships with ice skating. I've never seen great demand for it. Here is what they are saying right now about the bumper cars and skating.

As well as offering new industry firsts, SeaPlexSM is a transformative signature space that will offer a huge range of different activities throughout the day and into the night!

By day:

• The mezzanine level of this dynamic two-story space will house four distinctively themed activity spaces featuring: table tennis, foosball, interactive games, air hockey and more

• In the large lower area guests can enjoy everything from Circus School with the first ever high-flying trapeze at sea and a full basketball court

By night:

• SeaPlex comes alive with the first ever bumper cars at sea, roller-skating, themed nights and dancing, all enjoyed to colorful lights and high energy music coming from the fantastic floating DJ booth suspended overhead

So during a 7 night cruise, you would get 2 nights with bumper cars, 2 nights with roller skating and 2 nights with dancing. Wonder which one would get the 7th night?

So during a 7 night cruise, you would get 2 nights with bumper cars, 2 nights with roller skating and 2 nights with dancing. Wonder which one would get the 7th night?

The dancing could be every night after the other activities. Usually people don't show up to the disco until around 11:30pm. If they show up at all. That all depends on the demographics on board.

Gina

Archived