Staggered boarding

chris2597

Where is the staggered boarding stated on the cruise personlizer?

Also, we have 3 other couples linked to our reservation. Our princess cruise planner told us that they will be ble to join us in the platinum waiting area at embarkation and debarkation. However, I have been reading conflicting reports about that not being allowed in some ports/ships.

Where is the staggered boarding stated on the cruise personlizer?

Also, we have 3 other couples linked to our reservation. Our princess cruise planner told us that they will be ble to join us in the platinum waiting area at embarkation and debarkation. However, I have been reading conflicting reports about that not being allowed in some ports/ships.

It's listed in Important Notices. If you have Preferred Boarding on your boarding pass, you can board at any time once boarding commences. I'm not sure how many people you can bring to the Platinum waiting area with you, as it has very limited seating in some ports. You will find out when you check in..all couples might want to go to the same agent if possible. Boarding cards have been issued on our recent cruises. With so many Platinum and Elite passengers on the sailings, the Platinum boarding areas are filled to the brim!

Understandable,especially in Seattle.. However, the personal cruise planners atbPrincess need to stop telling clients that the entire party will be allowed to embark and debark with the platinum member. I was going by the information that I was given, but after reading some threads became concerned this wasn't allowed once at the port.

Where is the staggered boarding stated on the cruise personlizer? See the special notices part.

They can check in with you, but whether they can board with you (assuming boarding has a backlog or has not even started) seems to vary from port to port. Of course, if there are no people waiting to board, you can all board together right after check-in.

They definitely are not supposed to join you in the disembarkation lounge at the end of the cruise. Most of the Captain's Circle hosts/hostesses will check the cruise card of every person entering that lounge.

They can check in with you, but whether they can board with you (assuming boarding has a backlog or has not even started) seems to vary from port to port. Of course, if there are no people waiting to board, you can all board together right after check-in.

They definitely are not supposed to join you in the disembarkation lounge at the end of the cruise. Most of the Captain's Circle hosts/hostesses will check the cruise card of every person entering that lounge.

I agree. Most of the time, the lounge for Platinum/Elite/full suite passengers is packed at embarkation and is sometimes standing room only. Bringing 3x as many as are eligible is pushing the envelope. Minors and the very elderly traveling with family members should be OK. As Bill says, cruise cards are checked at the disembarkation lounge. Adults traveling with you should be able to manage to embark or disembark without assistance.

Archived