Best excusion Juneau

jerseymermaid

FT Alaska this May! Everything I researched said if you were interested in whale watching this is the place to do it. We booked Harv and Marv. We are lucky we have a little more time in port then you do...but the only other thing we might see is the Mt. Roberts Tram..weather depending. Whale watching was the priority for us so we made sure we booked far in advance. They run multiple boats..you may want to contact them and see what they can recommend for your time in port. Whatever you do, enjoy!

Whale watching for sure! Or any type of wildlife excursion for that matter. If the excursion is through NCL, you won't have to worry about cutting it close, they will not leave port without all of their own excursions back on the ship (unless you wanted extra time to walk around in town). If it's an independent tour, then that's another story. I cruised NCL twice in Alaska and my family and I were not disappointed in either excursion we took, we saw humpback whales, orcas, seals, eagles, dolphins, etc. In any case, I'd definitely recommend whale watching or something similar.

FT cruise FT alaska...Going on NCL Jewel Aug 10,2013, only going to be in Junea approx 5 hrs, could I get some ideas what is best? Wanted to do Whale watch, that cuts it close tour is 4 hrs, so I'm looking for help. Thanks.:):):)

There is no "best". Depends on the person.

With the Jewel, I highly recommend you consider the add on Tracy Arm NCL tour, "necessary" in my opinion, since it is grossly superior to the cruiseship transit.

BUT, if you want to do a whale watch, then DO IT. Simple. :)

Whale watching for sure! Or any type of wildlife excursion for that matter. If the excursion is through NCL, you won't have to worry about cutting it close, they will not leave port without all of their own excursions back on the ship (unless you wanted extra time to walk around in town). If it's an independent tour, then that's another story.

If you are interested in whale watching, check with the independent whale watch operators. Tell them your port times. I will almost guarantee it (and they will guarantee it) that they will get you back on the ship before the ship departs. Some companies have 3-1/2 hour total trip time (like Orca), some have 4 hour total trip time (like Harv and Marvs), others might have less. In any case, ask them what might work best. But I can assure you that if they know which ship you are on and know your port schedule, they will get you back to your ship in time.

Archived