Change/Ugrade Cabins

camper49

the thing that worries me is that I can't find anywhere in my documents where it states I have booked Early Saver... so when "and I hope I do" get price drops along the way how would I know if they took me out of Early Saver... oh how I wish that they would put it on the cruise documents somewhere so you can actually see the booking category your in, but they don't?

Yes, you can! I moved from an OV on 2 to a Balcony on 8 instead of taking the price reduction (ES before final payment) and then after I made final payment, I moved from Balcony on 8 to Balcony on Lido and paid a measly $30 (total!) to do so.

If I book an 8A cabin using ES (hoping for price drops that might allow an upgrade) and there are no price drops can i pay for an upgrade or do i have to keep our original cabin??

Yes, you can move, but know that once you move, if you want to move again, you can't downgrade; you'll need to move to a higher category or a like category. I.e. You move from 8A to 8D. And later you see 8C is cheaper; you can't move to 8C; you'd have to switch to another 8D cabin or higher.

the thing that worries me is that I can't find anywhere in my documents where it states I have booked Early Saver... so when "and I hope I do" get price drops along the way how would I know if they took me out of Early Saver... oh how I wish that they would put it on the cruise documents somewhere so you can actually see the booking category your in, but they don't?

You'll find it in your confirmation email from Carnival or your TA if you used a TA, but the email still comes from Carnival.

Mine was located under Guest Notes. It explains the rates that were used. For my birthday cruise it shows I used a Resident's Rate. You'll see for this booking I used ES.

GUEST NOTES

1) Exclusive offer for guests who have sailed with Carnival. Savings may vary by ship and sail date. Reduced deposits are based off the full per person deposit amount and may vary by ship and sail date. Changes made to the reservation may result in removal of the reduced deposit offer. Reduced deposits are not available within final payment. Upgrades are based on availability. Subsequent upgrades in lieu of price protection will no longer be offered. Offer is valid only for past guests with an official past guest number. 2) Early Saver:Cancellations prior to final payment due date will receive a future cruise credit in the amount of the deposit less a $50 pp service fee. If you find a lower cruise rate,based on the total cabin occupancy& not from the booked ancillary services,such as air,transfers,prepaid gratuities,or government taxes & fees contact your Travel Agent or http://www.Carnival.com. Price protection does not apply to Super Saver,Instant Saver fares,group rates,membership rates,select promotions,or travel agent promotions. Verified rate difference is issued as an onboard credit. No name changes are allowed. A $50 fee per guest will be assessed for ship/sail date changes made prior to final payment date.

Archived