Captains Club?????

Lancer1568

Went on my very first Celebrity cruise April 7 to 14 on the Sillhouette and loved it. Upon returning home, I log on to the website and try to enroll in the Captains club but it says it can find no record of me having a sailing. Using the same email and Id that I used to book the cruise and that they emailed me my cruise confirmation etc. Was not offered the chance to enter a sailing for them to confirm my travels. What gives? Every other cruise line I have been on has emailed me after the cruise telling me I was enrolled in whatever loyalty program that they had and asking me to rate the cruise etc and also thanking me. Why does Celebrity not do this? Sent email to Captains Club asking for help but of course no response. We absolutely loved the Sillhouette and it is my favorite ship ever but if we can't build loyalty credits etc guess its back to Princess. Can anyone help?

Went on my very first Celebrity cruise April 7 to 14 on the Sillhouette and loved it. Upon returning home, I log on to the website and try to enroll in the Captains club but it says it can find no record of me having a sailing. Using the same email and Id that I used to book the cruise and that they emailed me my cruise confirmation etc. Was not offered the chance to enter a sailing for them to confirm my travels. What gives? Every other cruise line I have been on has emailed me after the cruise telling me I was enrolled in whatever loyalty program that they had and asking me to rate the cruise etc and also thanking me. Why does Celebrity not do this? Sent email to Captains Club asking for help but of course no response. We absolutely loved the Sillhouette and it is my favorite ship ever but if we can't build loyalty credits etc guess its back to Princess. Can anyone help?

Just give it a few more days. I've had cruises not show up within 2 weeks of debarkation. Maybe call after 2 weeks.

It took about 2 weeks for us to be able to enroll into the Captains Club after sailing in February. I'm not sure why Celebrity isn't set up similar to Princess where we were enrolled by the end of our first cruise.

Directly from the Celebrity website under sailing history you will find.

"Note: It can take up to ten days after disembarkation for a qualifying cruise to be credited to your sailing history."

Of course until you have set up a Captain's Club account you wouldn't see that.

Our travel agent took care of that after our first Celebrity cruise.

Same thing happened to us after our first Celebrity cruise on the Silhouette. Made all the phone calls, heard all the wait 10 day or longer etc. etc. Finally after a month, called and finally got someone who went the extra mile. They researched and found our information was there but the date of birth were incorrect (2 other reps checked and said they were fine). This time the rep walked us thru the enrollment process while we were on the computer, showed us how to change our date of births and there it was.........finally enrolled in Captains Club:eek::eek:. Good luck and hope you have success!!

Directly from the Celebrity website under sailing history you will find.

"Note: It can take up to ten days after disembarkation for a qualifying cruise to be credited to your sailing history."

Of course until you have set up a Captain's Club account you wouldn't see that.

Our travel agent took care of that after our first Celebrity cruise.

My sailing history hasn't been updated for the 5 Celebrity cruises we have taken since December, however the total number of cruise points on our profile page is correct.

Guess it is time to give CC a call.

This is one area that Princess does it better:). All of our completed Princess cruises have been updated and showing in our Cruise Personalizer by the time we have gotten home from our cruise;););)

Agreed. At the end of my first princess cruise they delivered a card to my stateroom showing my enrollment and at the end of my fifth cruise a card showing the new status was delivered to the stateroom. Really don't understand the concept of impressing the customer with a cruise then when that same customer gets home and is already thinking about booking again really irritating them by not recognizing their loyalty.

I agree. Motivate! I was only on short cruise, but couldn't even get help on new cruises. We shouldn't have to work the room to get the scope on everything. I did suggest these issues on the comment card.

Agreed. At the end of my first princess cruise they delivered a card to my stateroom showing my enrollment and at the end of my fifth cruise a card showing the new status was delivered to the stateroom. Really don't understand the concept of impressing the customer with a cruise then when that same customer gets home and is already thinking about booking again really irritating them by not recognizing their loyalty.

I agree 100%..there is no reason why Celebrity cannot automatically enroll us into their Captain's Club the same way as Princess does. The other thing I like about Princess is the Future Cruise Credits show up in My Princess. I don't see my open passage showing up anywhere on My Celebrity.

Archived