Butler/Concierge Advice

Mysticks1

Here is the pre-cruise concierge phone number, 1-855-625-4283.

I'm sailing in my first suite in November and have already made a list to speak with the pre-cruise concierge about.

Some of the things on my list are (thanks to the poster that posted her list, so I knew what to ask for:

Loungers on balcony instead of chairs

Refrigerator emptied

Pillow preference*

Tea instead of coffee for coffee maker

Chocolate chip or oatmeal cookies or nuts or chips and salsa as afternoon snack - no canapys

Dinner reservations

Pitcher of iced tea every day

*Pillow menu:

Climarelle - body temperature regulating

Feather - goose down

Hypo-Allergenic

Overfilled Firm - firm but not too hard

Reading Wedge

Ultra Foam - deluxe memory

Hope this helps!

Nancy

Wow!! I have been in suites and owner suites and rarely have additional requests outside of dinner reservations. We usually give a good tip right away during the initial meeting and then get nice treats along the way.

If we did require something it is usually a peanut butter sandwich for our son with milk and cookies at an odd time of day. lol Always done with a smile!!

It never hurts to ask for things you want or need... Not all can be met but most will do their best to make you happy. After reading above l will be requesting a certain pillow type!!

Enjoy!!:)

Wow!! I have been in suites and owner suites and rarely have additional requests outside of dinner reservations. We usually give a good tip right away during the initial meeting and then get nice treats along the way.

If we did require something it is usually a peanut butter sandwich for our son with milk and cookies at an odd time of day. lol Always done with a smile!!

It never hurts to ask for things you want or need... Not all can be met but most will do their best to make you happy. After reading above l will be requesting a certain pillow type!!

Enjoy!!:)

Well, I guess you learned as I did from the poster who originally put this list together ( I omitted some of the items I wasn't going to ask for from their list), that there are many things you can ask for. I personally never tip until the last day of the cruise, been doing that way for my over 30 cruises and have never had a problem and have always received excellent service. As everyone has said, don't be afraid to ask for anything you want.

Enjoy it!

Eat lots of Cagney's fries. (I've tried to make them but they just don't taste the same)

Calories don't count on holiday.

Cheese and crackers are a good snack to ask for. Some of the canapes are delicious, others not so much.

I love the plate of sandwhiches, I miss Arnie (The Star's best butler IMO)

Don't be afraid to ask if you want something, the staff really are fabulous and want you to have the best time.

See if you can go on the bridge tour, it's pretty good.

I ate at Cagney's twice on my first cruise, but had the baked potato both times. What is so special about Cagney's fries?

Enjoy it!

Eat lots of Cagney's fries. (I've tried to make them but they just don't taste the same)

Cheese and crackers are a good snack to ask for. Some of the canapes are delicious, others not so much.

Don't be afraid to ask if you want something, the staff really are fabulous and want you to have the best time

Cagneys for lunch on embarkation day... One of the things I look forward to on the first day!! Yes, I agree, calories do not count on holiday!! Yummy Fries!!:)

I will have to get my husband to order the fries so I can try one. I am diabetic and potatoes are one of the things that make my blood sugar high. :( I do love them though. I am now looking forward to that first lunch in Cagneys. :)

we just did the Sun in March and we hardly saw the Butler but he did bring us snacks each day.. things I would never would of ate so we used to give them away.. I love the fresh fruit and chocolate strawberries but only got these items once.. the conceirge was great.. what ever we asked for he did..

My list will be very short, my main thing is I just want to make sure I know what snacks are available so I can tell them what we would like. I am diabetic and can't eat a lot of sweets. I have already researched about the tips and will be prepared to tip according to our requests. I doubt we will dine in more than once (just to try it) as we like to be out and about on the ship. (We didn't even try this until after the first couple of cruises as like you we wanted to dine out and not in the cabin. Even for breakfast in Cagney's on port days we would just get up earlier. But I will say that we did like it the few times that we did. We aren't very needy, we may request a couple of movies and extra pillows and since our tours start early we will ask for the concierge to help with getting off the ship. I always appreciate the hard work that they do and do believe that they know when you do. :)

On our first cruise in a suite we didn't know anything about cruising let alone having a butler or concierge. Luckily we had the best Concierge we've ever had and nick named her St. Erika.:D The butler was okay but didn't go out of her way and was very cold I felt. We actually had her on a future cruise and she was more accomodating but still pretty stand-offish (we like to talk to our butlers/concierge/stewards but we never did with her as just didn't feel comfortable with her). Anyway before going on our first cruise I did know that you were supposed to tip them at least so I was good in that aspect. After that I like you wanted to know more about what we could ask for so kept reading and made a list of things I might possibly want and would go on the next few and try a few of the suggested things. Quite truthfully after a few things that were recommended highly I was disappointed with so pretty much threw out the list.;)

Enjoy it!

Eat lots of Cagney's fries. (I've tried to make them but they just don't taste the same) (One of the things people rave about and I think are okay but not enough to be excited about)

Calories don't count on holiday. ((Until disembarkment day and you have to find one of your looser clothes)) :rolleyes:

Don't be afraid to ask if you want something, the staff really are fabulous and want you to have the best time.

Another thing that someone raved about was the PB&J sandwhiches which I tried and thought "hmm... really?" I swear the pb was painted on the bread with a microscopic brush.:mad:

No matter what you are going to have a sweet suite cruise!:D

David is top notch, very professional.

Having cruised in a suite only once, I know what to expect on our December Jewel cruise. I have the list of afternoon treats that we will request, and we will eat in our suite from a specialty restaurant at least once. I will ask that all the food be brought at once and just left for us, as opposed to being served each course. I also like extra towels because my hair is SO thick and I wash it often on a cruise.

You are wise to check out these things before you cruise. We were just not prepared to take advantage of the butler the first time!

David is top notch' date=' very professional. [/size']

Having cruised in a suite only once, I know what to expect on our December Jewel cruise. I have the list of afternoon treats that we will request, and we will eat in our suite from a specialty restaurant at least once. I will ask that all the food be brought at once and just left for us, as opposed to being served each course. I also like extra towels because my hair is SO thick and I wash it often on a cruise.

You are wise to check out these things before you cruise. We were just not prepared to take advantage of the butler the first time!

Thanks, we might try the specialty restaurant in cabin. DH doesn't want to get dressed up for dinner and I would be self concious if we didn't. We are trying to take just jeans, etc. that we can wear on our tours to save the extra weight in the luggage.

I really enjoyed your last combined review, I thought it was the best one I had read. I really loved the different viewpoints all in one. Are all of you cruising together again?

OP - Congratulations! This upgrade only adds to the excitement! We know as this happened to us on our September sailing on board the Star. However, the Upsell Fairy requested we had to pay additional funds. :rolleyes: Our Butler was Aries and he was very nice. We really didn't use him that much. However, he found out I liked cookies and he made sure I had a nice supply each day. :D The conceirge, Monica, we never used. The Suite Life is a great experience. Make sure you make all the special parties and events that you will be invited too. Enjoy! :cool:

Can someone tell me what type of parties and events and what type of clothes we would need for them? I would hate to be invited to a dress up sort of party and not have the proper clothes. We had been planning to keep it simple with jeans, etc. that we could wear on our tours and try to keep our luggage to a minimum.

Can someone tell me what type of parties and events and what type of clothes we would need for them? I would hate to be invited to a dress up sort of party and not have the proper clothes. We had been planning to keep it simple with jeans, etc. that we could wear on our tours and try to keep our luggage to a minimum.

I have always brought a pair of "dressy" capris and long pants (those "travel/slinky brand like ones")...and a dressy tunic top. ..wear them to all the "parties"...always felt appropriate....They pack great...and so comfortable...!!! QVC and most stores have a brand they carry...hope you understand what I am talking about..i!

There will be one VIP cocktail party for suites, held on "Dress Up or Not Night". Some people dress to the nines, others wear what we generally wear (cuz we don't like to dress up): hubby -khakis, maybe a sport jacket if he brought it. Me - my basic black dress pants (not really dressy pants if that makes sense) with a dressier top or sweater set. We both wear our khakis/black pants for air travel, so this takes up no extra room. I also wear black loafers while traveling, so I either wear these or bring a pair of dressier shoes if I have the room. Anything other (like perhaps a bridge tour or chocolate buffet or whatever) event you may get invited to requires whatever you would normally be wearing on board..

Robin

There will be one VIP cocktail party for suites, held on "Dress Up or Not Night". Some people dress to the nines, others wear what we generally wear (cuz we don't like to dress up): hubby -khakis, maybe a sport jacket if he brought it. Me - my basic black dress pants (not really dressy pants if that makes sense) with a dressier top or sweater set. We both wear our khakis/black pants for air travel, so this takes up no extra room. I also wear black loafers while traveling, so I either wear these or bring a pair of dressier shoes if I have the room. Anything other (like perhaps a bridge tour or chocolate buffet or whatever) event you may get invited to requires whatever you would normally be wearing on board..

Robin

Thanks for the information. Just what I was looking for. :)

I have always brought a pair of "dressy" capris and long pants (those "travel/slinky brand like ones")...and a dressy tunic top. ..wear them to all the "parties"...always felt appropriate....They pack great...and so comfortable...!!! QVC and most stores have a brand they carry...hope you understand what I am talking about..i!

I know exactly what you are talking about. I had a bunch of them, lost a little weight and got rid of a bunch a few months ago. I think I kept the black pair and a couple of tops, I will take a look in the closet. The ones I had could be wadded up in the suitcase then hung up and ready to wear. Thanks!:)

Enjoy it!

Ahhhhh Arnie! We had him on the Jewel and loved him. On the Gem in just under three weeks, looking forward to meeting my next great butler.

OP- Have a great trip! I think everyone seems to have covered what you asked for. :)

• 1 month later...

Hi there out in NCL land...

I have done some thread searches and would really like to know about the juice bar and what actual "juices" are available. We are extremely healthy in our eating habits, that is, until the 5 O'clock hour comes around and the brie, wine and french bread emerge...............seriously, we take our healthy juices religiously, and would really like to know what is available..

anyone??? must have clean liver and kidneys in order to keep up our other habits.

cheers!

Archived