Drinking age while in Canadian waters

ermina

Our granddaughter is coming on a cruise with us and she is 20.Does anyone know if she can leagally have a drink with us at sail away when

we leave Vancouver port?

She can join you in the lounge but she cannot (and you cannot for her) order a drink. Except for a very few embarkation ports, the legal drinking age onboard a Princess ship is 21. Cruises embarking in the UK are the only ones that I know of with an exception.

Has to be 21. The only time I now of when you can drink under 21 are cruises that originate outside of and remain out of the U.S. Very difficult to explain to those who can legally drink in their home countries.

Legally of course she can have a drink while in British Columbia waters where we are enlighten to the point where people can drink at age 19. Unfortunately on the cruise you are on Princess is not going sell her a drink. Now I suppose if you snuck on a miniature and poured her a drink in your cabin no one is going to be the wiser.

We have never had a problem with this. DW is a tee totaller, so we just order two adult beverages and a non alcoholic. There has never been a question asked.

Another example of someone flaunting their rule flouting. Keep it up and we'll all be required to shlep around our IDs to show every time we order a drink, just like at airport bars. Plus, you could get some poor bartender or server fired. Is that what you want?

Archived