Eclipse Tour Group Robbed in St. Lucia?

PinotBlanc

I think it is of major importance to know exactly exactly happened. When you know something you can understand it and maybe avoid becoming a victim. For example, if you are in a tour and see 3-4 men checking out your group you can make eye contact with them to let them know you are aware of your surrounds. As a group you can quickly move towards a more public area such as entering a business, restaurant etc... If in this port i will not take any credit cards and only a small amount of money. I will even leave my gold wedding band in the cabin safe. You learn by knowledge so it's not just idol curiosity about what happened.

Agree 1000% . The only things we take with us is a small amount of cash ,copies of our pass ports ,American Express credit card(American Express will always replace pass ports ,credit cards & emergency cash immediately for it's customers in good standing)& our boarding pass .Every thing else we leave in the state room safe .;):)

Yes we all learn from experiences good & bad

Agree 1000% . The only things we take with us is a small amount of cash ,copies of our pass ports ,American Express credit card(American Express will always replace pass ports ,credit cards & emergency cash immediately for it's customers in good standing)& our boarding pass .Every thing else we leave in the state room safe .;):)

Yes we all learn from experiences good & bad

I agree, as well. Knowing this, I will be much more careful. We were in this garden in Feb. and it did not even occur to me that we were not perfectly safe. My husband and I and one other couple were alone on this tour.

And this is one of the best reasons not to take your passport off the ship. US passports are gold in the hands of anyone who wants to sell them for big bucks on the black market and for terrorists wanting a foothold in the US.

Archived