No cantilevered whirlpools :(

Just my two cents, but I think the ship yard has limitations on what they can build. Just viewing the ship yards website everything is built inside of a building and there is not a lot of room on the sides when it comes to float out. Even height wise, on float out the funnels are not attached until after it is tided off

While there are no cantilevered hot tubs, I do seem to recall in one of the CGI models of the top deck and Solarium, there seemed to be a long row of rectangle hot tubs along the in a similar location to where the cantilevered hot tubs would be. I guess at least if this design is the case, then more people would be able to line up at the edge to enjoy the view... albeit not a suspended view, but still the same type of view

http://www.newnorfolkcaravanpark.com/Quantum%20Class%20Top%20Decks.jpg

I enjoyed the cantilevered hot tubs but am content in knowing they'll be around for my future enjoyment on Freedom and Oasis class vessels. So long as there are sufficient hot tubs up on an attractive and intelligently designed pool deck I'll be happy.

Only just noticed that there aren't any cantilevered whirlpools on the renderings. Seems a shame, since they are one of my favourite things about the Freedom class, and they give wonderful views down the sides of the ship.

There are 4 whirlpools showing on Deck 14 and they are not cantilever.

Maybe because this class has been designed to sail in cooler climates the cantilelever whirlpools weren't practical.

Archived