Graffiti is already all over the Breakaway, before it even comes to NYC!

rydan

These are great!

I'm on the fence though about a few. Both Rockaway Beach and Fire Island sustained substantial damage during Sandy. As a Native New Yorker (but not of either town), I initially got pangs of pain because it reminded me that Rockaway and Fire Island got really slammed (decimated in some spots). Perhaps some consideration may have been given.

Thoughts from fellow New Yorkers' are welcome.

These are great!

I'm on the fence though about a few. Both Rockaway Beach and Fire Island sustained substantial damage during Sandy. As a Native New Yorker (but not of either town), I initially got pangs of pain because it reminded me that Rockaway and Fire Island got really slammed (decimated in some spots). Perhaps some consideration may have been given.

I think it's great actually - it's a nod to those places that are quintessential NY! like they matter! I love it.

We cant hold places as hallowed ground every time because something bad happened there.

Painting a mural depicting names of places that are still there, but damaged and calling it insensitive is like forgetting a loved one who has passed on, and never showing a picture or talking about them because it is too difficult to deal with.

I think it's nostalgic and wonderful, please rethink your feelings on this.

It's the fond memories of the past people or events in our lives that make us who we are.

Embrace what you had, not what you lost...

Warmest regards,

Rydan

These are great!

Not a fellow NY'er, but from a beach town also decimated by Sandy. I would LOVE to see any local affected area represented. We (all of us NJ towns hit hard) are proud and happy to be rebuilding - so long as the looky-loos stay away long enough for us to do so ;)! I'm very jealous - as NY's ugly stepsister, we are only known for our Snookie's and such lol...

Robin

Maybe those artists could re-paint the hull art. ;)

I'm just not going to think about it anymore. Can't do a thing about it now. But that floating head -- ARRRRRRRRRRRghghghg! No no no -- just won't think about it anymore.:eek::eek::eek:

Archived