Need help for next time?

Painter

Solstice March 28th 2013 cruise.

Ship is beautiful ...I loved everything about it except the food in the Grand Epernay Dining Room ( 6.00pm sitting) I have been checking up and maybe we got a bad bunch of chefs and waiters to serve us. Most people on our roll call said food in main dining room was great but a few did agreed with me. MMMmmmmm.

This is the first time I have given negative feedback for any of our cruises. Sure things are not always perfect and I do make allowances for that. There were just too many boo boos for my liking.

One guest at our tabled ordered apple pie and ice cream. It came with apple pie swimming in melted ice cream.

Same guest had steak and asked for gravy. Waiter came with a jug of chicken gravy and said this was all that was available.

I asked for cappuccino coffee after dessert and the waiter said it was too far away for him to get it.

My Osso Bucco came slopped on a plate with green slime emerging from a bone. While it was very tender it didn't have much flavour.

No matter what fish we ordered it was tasteless.

Vegetables never did come with mains.

No decorations on desserts and some served in cereal bowls. This is the first time I have ever been served a prawn cocktail on a bread an butter plate and not in a fancy glass.

I could go on and on but this will give you an idea of the situation.

Did we make a mistake by accepting these things and not complaining at the time?

We have another cruise booked on Celebrity....how do I approach these issues if they occur again.?

Thanks for any help in this matter.

Ship is beautiful ...I loved everything about it except the food in the Grand Epernay Dining Room ( 6.00pm sitting) I have been checking up and maybe we got a bad bunch of chefs and waiters to serve us. Most people on our roll call said food in main dining room was great but a few did agreed with me. MMMmmmmm.

This is the first time I have given negative feedback for any of our cruises. Sure things are not always perfect and I do make allowances for that. There were just too many boo boos for my liking.

One guest at our tabled ordered apple pie and ice cream. It came with apple pie swimming in melted ice cream.

Same guest had steak and asked for gravy. Waiter came with a jug of chicken gravy and said this was all that was available.

I asked for cappuccino coffee after dessert and the waiter said it was too far away for him to get it.

My Osso Bucco came slopped on a plate with green slime emerging from a bone. While it was very tender it didn't have much flavour.

No decorations on desserts and some served in cereal bowls. This is the first time I have ever been served a prawn cocktail on a bread an butter plate and not in a fancy glass.

Did we make a mistake by accepting these things and not complaining at the time?

We have another cruise booked on Celebrity....how do I approach these issues if they occur again.?

I think you probably should have said something to the Maitre D. Building up a picture through your post, a lot of the issues seem to be something your waiter should have been proactive in spotting. However the response you got re your coffee request leads me to believe you had a dud waiter.

Some thing we try to avoid, getting the attention of the management.

but yep sometimes bad service is there.

Why on earth would you do that - you spend good money on a trip, things are not right, so rather than get the attention of management you put up with bad service.

You can raise issues in a constructive way, not least of all because future cruisers may suffer if the managers are not aware of specific issues.

If you get consistently bad service, I would suggest you get over your issue with having the attention of management and raise your concern in a constructive way so that Celebrity can continue to maintain the brand for the benefit of all cruisers and their staff (less cruisers, less work, less money for families etc)

We had great service on our Solstice Australia cruise in February/March 2013. The food was excellent. The only thing that I ordered that was not super was the stuffed mushrooms. I had loved it on Connie and Infinity, but on Solstice it was not good.

I don't expect perfection in dining on a cruise, but if I order something that is not up to speed, I send it back and the waiter brings me something else.

Archived