Water, soda, wine... what allowed on-board?

Yurita

A friend from work just told me that RCCL now allows wine, water and/or soda onboard. Is this true? last time I sailed on the Oasis, we were prohibited from bringing water, or wine.... any help will be totally appreciated.

Two bottles (750 ML) of wine allowed per cabin. While their policy says no non alcoholic beverages are allowed to be brought on board, MANY here report being able to bring water and soda on without a problem.

You tried to bring on water or soda on Oasis and they specifically told you no? :confused:

...You tried to bring on water or soda on Oasis and they specifically told you no? :confused:

We were refused a case of bottled water on Monarch a month ago. Porters refused to take it even though it already had a luggage tag applied. Tried to carry it on and that was refused too.

I suspect if it had not been during the last week of March (spring break) or if it had been enclosed in some sort of tote bag, it would not have been a problem.

Two bottles (750 ML) of wine allowed per cabin. While their policy says no non alcoholic beverages are allowed to be brought on board, MANY here report being able to bring water and soda on without a problem.

You tried to bring on water or soda on Oasis and they specifically told you no? :confused:

No, didn't even try to bring any soda on the Oasis... water, however, we brought without issues. I guess I will try to bring some cans of soda...

We were refused a case of bottled water on Monarch a month ago. Porters refused to take it even though it already had a luggage tag applied. Tried to carry it on and that was refused too.

I suspect if it had not been during the last week of March (spring break) or if it had been enclosed in some sort of tote bag, it would not have been a problem.

How did you try to bring a case on board? I was thinking that I would just stick a case of water into an empty suitcase. We don't have to worry about airline luggage limits as we are driving to the port.

How did you try to bring a case on board? I was thinking that I would just stick a case of water into an empty suitcase. We don't have to worry about airline luggage limits as we are driving to the port.

My case of water was in a duffle bag. We were called down to security. We were told they are now enforcing the policy of no water carried onboard. .

Our water was a shrink wrapped case of 24 bottles we picked up at Walmart. Luggage tag pasted on the outside of the shrink wrap. I'll bet that if we had it in a suitcase, we could have either checked it or carried it on.

I don't know, we were on a cruise 3 weeks ago and took water/soda with no problems. Going Thursday on Enchantment so will take it again. Have done it out of Miami, FLL, PC and San Juan with no problems. Going out of Tampa in 3 weeks so will find out how that one is.

I do always put it in something, a tote cooler or a suitcase by itself. Never just tag a case and try to check it.

We cruise in just under 7 weeks for the first time on RCCL. I know from reading here about the wine, and also found it on the RCCL website in the FAQs. So then WHY can't they update the verbiage in the cruise documents that were just "delivered" to me? They still say not to carry on ANY alcohol. It's not that hard to update a Word document, and it would be really nice to have it consistent with their policy.

I don't know, we were on a cruise 3 weeks ago and took water/soda with no problems. Going Thursday on Enchantment so will take it again. Have done it out of Miami, FLL, PC and San Juan with no problems. Going out of Tampa in 3 weeks so will find out how that one is.

I do always put it in something, a tote cooler or a suitcase by itself. Never just tag a case and try to check it.

I know we've cruised 5 times since November and water was always allowed. I've read in other posts they are cracking down now for some reason. You can bring wine but no water? Go figure.

I know we've cruised 5 times since November and water was always allowed. I've read in other posts they are cracking down now for some reason. You can bring wine but no water? Go figure.

true....

I recently returned from the Mariner out of Galveston on the April 7th sailing.

I took a shrink wrapped six pack of bottled water. Had a luggage tag taped to it and the checked it in with the porter.

I also took a 12 pack of Diet Coke. Except I carefully opened up the end and switched 4 Diet Cokes with 4 V-8 juices, which I like to have in the morning. I glued it back shut, taped a luggage tag on it, and also checked it in with the porter.

Both the water and the 12 pack arrived in our room with the luggage.

Why would you even think of bringing water on board??? The water on board is filtered and even better than bottled water. The cruise lines spend Millions on filtration systems ...........

With 2 kids, we always like to have a couple waters in our bag when we are at the pool and when we go onshore.......easy to take with you..... ;)

We have always taken a case, put a luggage tag on it and have never had any problems...hope we don't have any in June as that is our plan then too... :p

Archived