Seattle, where to stay

dhdoug

Where are the popular places to stay the day before your cruise in Seattle? Is it just as easy to find a cab as to try and make arrangements for a shuttle? We are on a Princess ship if that makes a difference

Thanks for everyones help in advance

Doug & Patty

Seattle is spread out. If there is some particular touring you wish to do, then staying near that location could be a good choice.

I always have a rental car, and stay cheap out at the airport. I use the lightrail, when going to Pioneer Square, Pikes Market, and a NCL cruise. Princess is a farther dock, so you will be well off, just budgeting for a cab.

Princess uses Pier 91, about 4-5 miles north of the downtown core. If you stay downtown, a cab to the pier will run about $15. (flatrateforhire is usually the cheapest option)

If you arrive early enough to sightsee, it's best to stay downtown in order to maximize your time. Then you can sightsee in the afternoon/evening, then visit Pike Place Market the following morning before it gets overly crowded. Checkout of your hotel at 11am and board the ship.

OTOH, airport hotels are usually less expensive and have a free shuttle to/from SeaTac. So you could check into your hotel, shuttle back to the airport and ride the Light Rail downtown for some sightseeing ($2.75 for 40 minute ride each way). The next morning you could take the Shuttle Express shuttle to the pier ... I think it's $22pp. Or a towncar from the airport is around $50 ...Stila is stationed at the airport so they always have cars. I'll check their price when I'm at SeaTac next week.

go to the Seattle forum on Trip Advisor and there are great questions and answers there on where to stay and things to do. also the west coast departure thread here has helpful information. have a great time.

We stayed at The Maxwell last summer and just loved it. It is a great little hotel near the Space Needle. They have a shuttle service that will take you downtown, or you can take the monorail that runs between the Space Needle and downtown. It was very convenient. We chose it after much research and finding it was highly rated on both tripadvisor and yelp reviews. Here is the link if you are interested:

http://www.themaxwellhotel.com/

I was on the Golden Princess last June and we stayed at the Sheraton, which was a short walk to Pike Place Market. The Sheraton is in a very convenient location and is an easy taxi ride to Pier 91 - only takes a few minutes.

I have also stayed at the Hotel Sorrento, which is a lovely, historic hotel in Seattle. However, it was not quite as convenient for sightseeing.

Seattle is great and Alaska is amazing. Have fun!

I have LaQuinta Inn in downtown Seattle booked for this June for our Alaska Cruise, I booked it back in November so of course it's cheaper than it is now. They do not offer a shuttle, we have a group of 8, so we booked a shuttle service to take us all together.

We too stayed at the Sheraton downtown on the night before our cruise. We were brave and took the light rail from the airport. We had a short block or two walk from the last stop (at Neiman Marcus :D but the men wouldn't allow us to shop :(). We had 8 and booked a private van to take us to the Oosterdam. We stayed at the Hotel Monaco the night we came back. Very cool, boutique hotel. You can request a goldfish to keep you company, which we did. We didn't take light rail back to the airport, but the same van company as now we had 10 people.

FYI, if you can get to Pike Market prior to sailing you can get wonderful fresh flowers for your stateroom very cheap. The attendants on HAL will get you a nice vase to put them in. My DH was not happy I wanted to do this and refused to help me carry the two bouquets I bought (one was for my parents who we were meeting on the ship). They were so nice and lasted the whole time. HAL has plenty of vases as one of their signature items is fresh flowers throughout the ship.

We stayed at Springhill Suites on Yale. It was just great! Free breakfast, and wifi, and they offer a free shuttle to Space Needle, and within 2 or 3 blocks of Pike Place Market. We couldn't beat it for the price.

It's a quick taxi ride to the port, though we used Already There town car service. They were phenomenal!

We stayed at Springhill Suites on Yale. It was just great! Free breakfast, and wifi, and they offer a free shuttle to Space Needle, and within 2 or 3 blocks of Pike Place Market. We couldn't beat it for the price.

It's a quick taxi ride to the port, though we used Already There town car service. They were phenomenal!

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your town car service -- we are using "Already There" in July.

Archived