B2B Allure Of The Seas Pictorial Review - 31st March 2013 & 7th April 2013

The three of us walked into the terminal at 11:30. I was half expecting to see some long queues at the check in desk.

DSC00426_zps2a8a678f.jpg

As you can see that wasn't really the case! As everyone says, Royal Caribbean really have mastered the art od shepherding 6000+ people around. There are tons of check in desks, signs and plenty of staff directing you to the correct desks dependant on your Crown and Anchor status.

We walked straight to the desk with our passports and set sail passes in hand. Just a couple of things here. In relation to the guest ticket booklets, don't waste your time in printing them off and taking them. All you need is your set sail pass and the luggage labels. The rest of it is pointless if you know your schedule and have all your reservation confirmations accessible by email if there was to be any issues.

Secondly, I was surprised that Chloe's birth certificate wasn't requested. I have heard of people's boarding being refused in the passed if the child has a different surname to the parent like us and you do not have a passport to prove parenthood. Ours wasn't even asked for this time.

Finally we had the magic cards in our hand....

DSC00428A_zps4ebc3fa1.jpg

A couple of things about your sea pass card. Your folio#, as far as I understand it, is basically your account number for billing etc. The photo# simply means stand 19 number 27 in the photo shop so you can put your hands straight on your photos taken around the ship thanks to the facial recognition photo system used on board. 200 is your room number minus the deck number. The coca cola symbol is what bar staff look for to see if you have pre paid the soda package. D2 is the muster station you go to for the muster drill on day one of your cruise and in the event of an emergency.

It is also at thepoint of checking in that they hand you the cruise compass for day 1 and a planner. I haven't had a chance to scan them yet so have taken photos and will see how they work out..... let me know for future days.

DSC02561_zps322a0d4e.jpg?t=1367089939

DSC02562_zps9339e205.jpg?t=1367090091

DSC02563_zpsc8c2a748.jpg?t=1367090175

DSC02564_zps2f364ab7.jpg?t=1367090369

A little late, but congratulations on your marriage. Thank you for sharing your Allure Honeymoon with us. I will be on her and the Oasis in October and am devouring every word and picture you post. Thanx

We were then shown around to have a group photo done and then up the stairs to the waiting area. This was where everyone was!! It's a large area with different areas to wait depending on your crown and anchor status.

DSC00433_zps24667091.jpg

The below picture may be a little blurry. The reason is you are not allowed to take pictures towards the security..... I got told off just as I was taking it.

DSC00431_zps9c55b50e.jpg

They began to board guests after about half hour of my waiting. It wasn't long before we were walking towards the ship, having our pictures taken, cleaning our hands (very habit forming after a while on here).

The excitement was at melting point as we were finally boarding the Allure. It hadn't come a minute to soon either.

On the walk to the ship there were a couple of glimpses of it to be had

DSC00437_zps2ec567f4.jpg

I really hope my luggage is amongst that lot somewhere!

DSC00441_zpse83ceae6.jpg

DSC00443_zpsa74d8550.jpg

DSC00442_zps845cfa64.jpg

Yay!! You are almost there!!:D

Tara

Finally..... We were there. We walked onto the Royal Promenade and saw smiling Royal Caribbean staff and the hand gel dispensers that would become our friends for the next fortnight.

DSC00445_zps50dd29a3.jpg

DSC00446_zps86585ab4.jpg

Not the best pictures but I was excited. I should have found a kid to take the pictures.... someone that can contain their excitement better than I can!

I actually felt like I had returned home. The ship didn't seem half as daunting as it did the first time. I urged Sally and Chloe to follow me straight to the left and up to deck 8 in the lift... as long as my memory served me correctly I knew exactly where I was heading first!

Finally..... We were there. We walked onto the Royal Promenade and saw smiling Royal Caribbean staff and the hand gel dispensers that would become our friends for the next fortnight.

DSC00445_zps50dd29a3.jpg

DSC00446_zps86585ab4.jpg

Not the best pictures but I was excited. I should have found a kid to take the pictures.... someone that can contain their excitement better than I can!

I actually felt like I had returned home. The ship didn't seem half as daunting as it did the first time. I urged Sally and Chloe to follow me straight to the left and up to deck 8 in the lift... as long as my memory served me correctly I knew exactly where I was heading first!

*Got to be some great tasting "Roast Beef Sandwichs".....Yummy!;)

Loving your review so far. Are you going to be scanning the cruise compasses at some time later? I am trying to plan our B2B on the Allure that we are doing in November / December. There is another poster now that was on the eastern sailing and I have her cruise compasses, so I am really looking for the western compasses to finish up my planning.

Congratulations on your marriage. My wife and I renewed our vows last year when we were on the Freedom of the Seas. We will be celebrating our 5 year anniversary this year on our cruise.

Keep it coming!

Am I the only one not booked on a b2b?

They do seem to be more common lately, don't they? A few years ago we didn't hear that term so often. This upcoming one will be #4 for me as a B2B, and I love them. There is nothing that can describe the feeling that last day of week one when everybody else is leaving and you are staying (although lately it seems that those LEAVING are in the minority!!).

Kathy

Wow, you are really providing the wow factor in your review. It's almost like I am sailing Allure all over again. The first sight of the promenade when you board; big wow, thank you for taking the time; I know how long it takes to scan the cruise compass and then upload; wonderful review.

Keep it coming!

Am I the only one not booked on a b2b?

Haha well if it's any consolation I'm not booked on anything at the moment :rolleyes:

A little late, but congratulations on your marriage. Thank you for sharing your Allure Honeymoon with us. I will be on her and the Oasis in October and am devouring every word and picture you post. Thanx

Thank you very much and you are very welcome.

OH!:( Now see that's not fair!! I got so excited when I saw you were the last poster because I thought you were putting up more of your trip!!

Tara

P.S. You really don't understand how much those of us who have a way to go appreciate this stuff!!:D

What an awesome feeling boarding that ship! I can't wait to follow you guys around it!

Tara

It really was. We had been planning for what seemed like forever and it's almost surreal to be finally stepping onto the Royal Promenade.

Congrats on your wedding and honeymoon cruise (B2B). Will be awaiting the rest of the story.

Thank you very much. We were delighted at how well it all went. I could get this done so much quicker if work didn't get in the way of life so much :rolleyes:

Loving this review so far. Besides I love the Allure anyway. :)

I haven't seen many people not love the Allure!!!!!!

The photo of you and Sally on the beach is beautiful! Hope you have it printed and framed!

Thank you. We haven't actually. We are still trying to choose our wedding photos for our album so all our honeymoon photos have just been downloaded and forgotten about .... for now :)

Loving your review so far. Are you going to be scanning the cruise compasses at some time later? I am trying to plan our B2B on the Allure that we are doing in November / December. There is another poster now that was on the eastern sailing and I have her cruise compasses, so I am really looking for the western compasses to finish up my planning.

Congratulations on your marriage. My wife and I renewed our vows last year when we were on the Freedom of the Seas. We will be celebrating our 5 year anniversary this year on our cruise.

Thank you. I'm glad you are enjoying it. Firstly, yes I will be scanning them all. I wasn't happy with the photographs of the ones for day 1. I don't have a scanner here so later this week I will be attempting to get them all scanned for the rest of the review. That'll be a fun day :rolleyes:

No better way to celebrate a special occasion than on a cruise. I dare say we will get to do more of it in the future.

They do seem to be more common lately, don't they? A few years ago we didn't hear that term so often. This upcoming one will be #4 for me as a B2B, and I love them. There is nothing that can describe the feeling that last day of week one when everybody else is leaving and you are staying (although lately it seems that those LEAVING are in the minority!!).

Kathy

Nothing better than seeing everyone's case packed to leave when yours isn't :)

Archived