Communicating with family while onboard

John1519

My son was mostly to be found in the same part of the ship anyway - the stupid smoking area. He hung out reading a lot during the day. At night we went to bed but he went up to Skywalkers and partied. His bar bill was over $1k. (Of course maybe $100 of that was drinks he bought for ME.)

At $7 per drink, that works out to be 142 drinks or 20 drinks per day on a 7 day cruise. Even on a 14 day cruise, that is 10 drinks per day. That is a real large amount of drinking - unless he was buying a whole lot of drinks for all his friends.

DON

At $7 per drink, that works out to be 142 drinks or 20 drinks per day on a 7 day cruise. Even on a 14 day cruise, that is 10 drinks per day. That is a real large amount of drinking - unless he was buying a whole lot of drinks for all his friends.

DON

He met a group of "party people" and one of the young ladies was having a birthday. He bought multiple rounds. I've seen him buy a round for the house on more than one occasion. (His financial situation is better than mine and he wastes money foolishly in my opinion but he's 38 years old and it isn't up to me to tell him what to do.) He mostly ordered double Jameson with Coke for himself during the day and sat sipping and reading but I feel certain he would also have sought out whatever the ship had on hand as their best single malt Scotch and had a few of those as well. I know he bought me several double bourbons during the cruise. It was dang Cold during a couple of those MUTS sessions we sat through!

Hawaii is a 15 day cruise if you leave from San Francisco.

Archived