One lens for Panama Canal and Carribean trip?

magandab

If I decide to take my DSLR (Canon T2i) on my cruise in December, what one lens would you recommend I take? I have zoom, macro, and still lenses but really would only want to take one with me.

My other choice, which is my normal go-to, is just to take my "pocket" camera, which is a Leica, and work within its zoom limitations, and save space and hassle of carrying it.

We just purchased the Canon SX50 mainly for the 50x lens. Used on our March Cruise and loved it!

Since you already have the camera, I would take the zoom lens. I am sure there are plenty of sights to see through the canal but not all of them will be close.

I would also take the small point & shoot anyway. That is great for shots here and there in the dining room or wherever.

If you do not already have a bag, check this out http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Canon-Deluxe-Gadget-Camera-Bag-Case-100EG-LOW-PRICE-/200608540616 It is large enough for a DSLR camera and another P&S as well as misc goodies. <--Since it would be a personal carry-on anyway.

Have fun!

~Bob~

Yes, one P&S and a good zoom for the DSLR. I use a 28-300 IS lens which is now on my new Canon T3i and for interior areas a 10-20MM lens. The P&S is for shots around the ship and has a 3:1 zoom lens on it. I also take a printer and print copies of my Best Shot of the Day and post them on a folder on our door outside of our Suite.

An 18-300 or 18-200 or somewhere around there would work very well.

Personally I would bring both cameras on this cruise.

Keith

I agree. If I take the DSLR I will definitely take the pocket camera too. I took just the little one to Australia/New Zealand last year, due to really strict weight limitations on the airplane and did very well with it but I have a little more freedom this time.

Thanks to all. I was leaning toward the good zoom and will adjust my carryon luggage to accommodate it.

Amy, you know, now with all this discussion we hope you will be inclined to share some of your pictures with us :D **hint hint**

~Bob~

Amy, you know, now with all this discussion we hope you will be inclined to share some of your pictures with us :D **hint hint**

~Bob~

Of course. And in the meantime (since that's 7 months away) here is one I took in Sydney.

ry%3D400

Archived