Anything Extra with iLounge Purchase?

hughdm

I know Apple product prices are strictly controlled, but if one were to buy an iPad on board are there any perks thrown in besides no sales tax? Maybe a few included internet minutes?

Thanks...

nope I inquired on my last cruise you get zip nada nothing, even the pricing is really not competitive as many places do offer upgrades or accessories for free, so I would not recommend buying any Apple product onboard, plus they could be out of the iPad you wanted to use for your cruise too!

With our 8.25% sales tax, It would be a $41 savings off the lowest price retina iPad. I was just hoping for a bit more. I certainly wouldn't waste any minutes downloading apps on board. DW has been coveting one.

With our 8.25% sales tax, It would be a $41 savings off the lowest price retina iPad. I was just hoping for a bit more. I certainly wouldn't waste any minutes downloading apps on board. DW has been coveting one.

Couldn't you buy it from one of the reputable internet companies and have it shipped without being charged tax? Do that before the trip, load up some applications while you're at home and then play with it on the cruise :)

Couldn't you buy it from one of the reputable internet companies and have it shipped without being charged tax? Do that before the trip, load up some applications while you're at home and then play with it on the cruise :)
Yeah, probably. I was just thinking of surprising her on board with that rather than the usual bauble I get her. On second thought, you can't go wrong with baubles...

There were specials on our 4/7 Silhouette trip. For an iPad mini, you get $50 worth of internet mins. For Macbook, you get $100 worth of internet mins. But they didn't offer these specials until the 2nd and 3rd day.

Here's a scan of the Specials/Featured on our trip:

https://www.boxcloud.com/bc/1/c4abfe31e2f583930d5900c1ceea9fc3/JolueqOGpciD6dgYhecNBoVpYxkvmYe1ZLheZor6BF4DUBIelMQTkFwYIys3nIibNIIEHUp447tBZLaXDzIbNQ,,/6be85e4e1c5b2bf64cdebaf737c9b833/

There were specials on our 4/7 Silhouette trip. For an iPad mini, you get $50 worth of internet mins. For Macbook, you get $100 worth of internet mins. But they didn't offer these specials until the 2nd and 3rd day.

Here's a scan of the Specials/Featured on our trip:

https://www.boxcloud.com/bc/1/c4abfe31e2f583930d5900c1ceea9fc3/JolueqOGpciD6dgYhecNBoVpYxkvmYe1ZLheZor6BF4DUBIelMQTkFwYIys3nIibNIIEHUp447tBZLaXDzIbNQ,,/6be85e4e1c5b2bf64cdebaf737c9b833/

Thanks for the info. That's exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for. I'll just be patient and see what comes up. The link doesn't let me see anything. Is it a pamphlet they left at your cabin, or did you have to go there and look?

Has anyone compared the cost of, for example, an iPad Mini, on board, compared to what you would pay in the US?

Also, do they have a large selection of iPads on board?

We will have a large amount of non-refundable OBC to use, and since we don't normally take ship tours, an iPad might be a good way to spend part of our NR-OBC.

They do not have a wide range and don't carry a lot of stock. Tried to buy an iPad on two cruises, first day and they were out both times :(

Thanks for the information Debbie.

Which ship were you on? We'll be on the Solstice.

Things to keep in mind:

1) One may have to pay duty on the purchase when you get back to your home country

2) Many on various CC threads have stated the stock is low

3) To download an App, can take time...and the internet connection can be slow. Thus you may eat up a lot of your internet minutes doing that.

4) In my opinion, it sort of nice to have that Ipad (mini) ahead of time, so one can download the Apps, put all ur cruise info on it ahead of time, just one less hassle to deal with and worry about

5) One can buy accessories that work just as well as the "apple" accessories for a fraction of the cost at stores or online. I bought a "shark" keyboard which also acts as a cover, and it works great! And a "shark" camera adaptor for my Ipad Mini....

Cheers

Things to keep in mind:

1) One may have to pay duty on the purchase when you get back to your home country

2) Many on various CC threads have stated the stock is low

3) To download an App, can take time...and the internet connection can be slow. Thus you may eat up a lot of your internet minutes doing that.

4) In my opinion, it sort of nice to have that Ipad (mini) ahead of time, so one can download the Apps, put all ur cruise info on it ahead of time, just one less hassle to deal with and worry about

5) One can buy accessories that work just as well as the "apple" accessories for a fraction of the cost at stores or online. I bought a "shark" keyboard which also acts as a cover, and it works great! And a "shark" camera adaptor for my Ipad Mini....

Cheers

Thanks for the additional info. I'm mainly looking for something to spend a part of our $1,000 NR-OBC while on board. And, since we would like to purchase an iPad Mini anyway - IF they are available on board, it would be an opportune time to get one. Since I plan to carry my netbook with me, I don't even intend to use the iPad on board IF we are able to purchase one. We would purchase accessories and apps after we return home. The main question is availability of the iPad Mini on board the Solstice. Otherwise, we will be eating lots of specialty dinners:D.

Thanks for the additional info. I'm mainly looking for something to spend a part of our $1,000 NR-OBC while on board. And, since we would like to purchase an iPad Mini anyway - IF they are available on board, it would be an opportune time to get one. Since I plan to carry my netbook with me, I don't even intend to use the iPad on board IF we are able to purchase one. We would purchase accessories and apps after we return home. The main question is availability of the iPad Mini on board the Solstice. Otherwise, we will be eating lots of specialty dinners:D.

That is cool... that's the benefits of a forum...the info is for everyone to think about

That's why I started it. Besides the 8.25% sales tax savings, I was hoping for information that might lead to another perk or two. We aren't desperate to buy and would not waste internet minutes on apps, but if we could get it for the sales tax off and get some expensive internet time to keep up with email on the cruise.

It's not even that good, because on my cruise the base model iPad was $30 more than on land, which offsets the sales tax.

Archived