Nightly Platinum/Elite/Suite Cocktails on Coral

Murphey

Where is it held? Anyone know the times recently? Thanks.
It's held in the back left corner of the Explorer's Lounge on deck 6, near the windows. You can't see it just walking by. Times are usually 5:30-7pm. It's not held on nights with a Captain's Circle party.

It was 5:00pm to 7:00pm on the Coral. We were on the Coral in 2010 and last year and liked the lounge. Both times there was a person serving the appetizer of the day. In 2010 they were preparing made to order guacamole one night and salsa another. Liked the personal service :)

I'm a relatively new Platinum person. Do you get a notice in your door "mailbox" as to the time and locale of the get together?

There was a card in our stateroom on the first day listing the time and location as well as the appetizer of the day (and the special drink of the day?) for each day of the cruise. This info was NOT repeated in the daily Princess Patter.

Been 2 years since we have been on Princess. What do they now provide on this Nightly event?

Is there still only 1 drink that is on special?

What is the cost of this special drink?

Thank you!

There was a card in our stateroom on the first day listing the time and location as well as the appetizer of the day (and the special drink of the day?) for each day of the cruise. This info was NOT repeated in the daily Princess Patter.

Thanks; even though I have to wait a whole year to take advantage of that. To extrapolate, as my next two cruises are B2B, I gather I'll get a 2nd notification on the turn around day. Also, do you show some sort of identification such as your sea card, showing you belong, or is your cabin # checked against a list?

Thanks; even though I have to wait a whole year to take advantage of that. To extrapolate, as my next two cruises are B2B, I gather I'll get a 2nd notification on the turn around day. Also, do you show some sort of identification such as your sea card, showing you belong, or is your cabin # checked against a list?

Yes, you'll get another notification on turnaround day.

We've never been asked for id or checked against a list, just walked in. That doesn't mean someone won't in the future though. There is however, an easy to see sign at the entrance to the event indicating it's only for Platinum and Elite guests.

One time (no, not at band camp) we remained in the lounge from a previous event (Bingo I think) as they switched to the evening Platinum/Elite cocktail party, talking and imbibing with some new cruise friends. We were Platinum and they were Gold. They bought a round with their Gold cruise card and not a word was said.

All in all, I think the admission thing is pretty low key and on the honor system.

Yes, you'll get another notification on turnaround day.

We've never been asked for id or checked against a list, just walked in. That doesn't mean someone won't in the future though. There is however, an easy to see sign at the entrance to the event indicating it's only for Platinum and Elite guests.

One time (no, not at band camp) we remained in the lounge from a previous event (Bingo I think) as they switched to the evening Platinum/Elite cocktail party, talking and imbibing with some new cruise friends. We were Platinum and they were Gold. They bought a round with their Gold cruise card and not a word was said.

All in all, I think the admission thing is pretty low key and on the honor system.

Thanks very much for the info.

Maybe someday there will be free drinks like on "X" and RCI.:rolleyes:

Totally agree with you. At $5.99 what type of special is that?

JMHO!!!

I know what the cruise lines have as bennies as we do cruise X and RCI, too. So, please don't justify the $5.99 special. LOL

On our last cruise on the Crown they did check folks cards as they came in the first night and then seemed to remember them. We enjoyed everything that was offered except the Mojito, it was so sweet hard to finish drinking it. But they also offer their full bar choices, you are not required to order the drink of the day.

How is $5.99 a special? What is the regular price?
Unless they raised prices in the last couple of months, $7.95 for the signature cocktails. You can get some standard cocktails (piña colada, margarita, manhattan, etc.) with "house" liquor for as little as $5.50.

Attached is a copy of our invitation from our cruise on the Golden last September.

Thanks for sharing the invitation; I love going to the pre-dinner appetizers. And they don't just have the daily appetizer that's listed - they always have more food than that. One night they had that YUMMY guacamole, chips, salsa, and other Mexican appetizers.

No one ever checked our cruise cards; we just walked in and ate (but we are platinum).

Archived