What is with all the crying over QOTS?

Agreed. People just love to whine and complain. "0h my god there is no Viking Crown Lounge!!! What will I do?" Go on another ship then.

I cannot wait to go on this ship.

I know, I have to laugh every time I read complaints about "no VCL". Almost every time I go into a VCL, the place is virtually empty. The only time I went in there on my last cruise on Allure, there was about 6 people in there watching a duo playing the piano & cello. Now maybe it's busy up there some of the time but I rarely see that. Anyway, it appears RCI agrees that the VCL isn't generating the business they desire to make it worth continuing this option on QOTS, and therefore have decided to go in a different direction for this ship.

This is true, I used to only be able to cruise when my DD had Easter break or during the summer. ;)

My youngest is in 7th grade, so I still have five more years of either paying through the nose to cruise on school vacations or go in the summer. RCI is a family cruise line and is finding another way to serve potential customers like me.

This year, we really had no choice as we had to fly to Florida for a family event on a Saturday before April school vacation week in Massachusetts. We took full advantage and booked a Sunday cruise on the Allure. :cool: But that's $1600 for air, $225 for hotel, and $200 for a car rental. That's 25% of our total cost to cruise. When it's not school vacation week, I probably could have cut the $1600 to less than $1000 ($250 per person r/t). But that's still a lot of money. RCI is bringing the product closer to an important part of base customer and probably also getting additional bookings from those who just don't fly. I would think that if you drive 250 miles from Bayonne, NJ in any direction that you would find a large percentage of the population of this country.

I know, I have to laugh every time I read complaints about "no VCL". Almost every time I go into a VCL, the place is virtually empty. The only time I went in there on my last cruise on Allure, there was about 6 people in there watching a duo playing the piano & cello. Now maybe it's busy up there some of the time but I rarely see that. Anyway, it appears RCI agrees that the VCL isn't generating the business they desire to make it worth continuing this option on QOTS, and therefore have decided to go in a different direction for this ship.

I have to agree with you as I've had the same experience on my last few RCI sailings, aside from a chilly sailaway from Bayonne on Explorer where it was packed for obvious, view-related, reasons. It's almost that people feel comfort knowing that the VCL is there, and perhaps like looking at it from the pier, but aside from that don't really care LOL.

It is worth noting that the VCL serves at the dance club on some ships including the Radiance class... so I do think it's a little better utilized on those ships than on the more recent classes.

It is worth noting that the VCL serves at the dance club on some ships including the Radiance class... so I do think it's a little better utilized on those ships than on the more recent classes.
Totally agree with this. Good club up there on Radiance class with the revolving bar (when it is working) and always enjoyed the VCL nightclub on Grandeur & Enchantment. In addition, on Freedom class, it makes a nice overflow area for an overcrowded Diamond Lounge.;)

That's how i feel also. I think Rccl hyped the ship up way to much and didnt deliver on the product. Really take away the skydive tube since that's all it is, a tube and the crane ride and you don't have an inspiring ship. Oasis and allure blew people's minds. This just didnt.
Oasis and Allure are very tough acts to follow. Personally I didn't expect something "better" than those two ships. In any case, many people are "blown away" with the Quantum already for one simple fact alone....and that is...she is coming to New Jersey!:D:);)

Oasis and Allure are very tough acts to follow. Personally I didn't expect something "better" than those two ships. In any case, many people are "blown away" with the Quantum already for one simple fact alone....and that is...she is coming to New Jersey!:D:);)

Personally, I think the Quantum will be better than the Oasis/Allure. I'm not "blown away" that it's leaving from New Jersey (although it is closer for us than Florida) but the simple fact that it has bumper cars & roller skating! Guess it's the giddy kid in me! :o

Can't wait to sail on it!

I guess we'll all enjoy the beautiful QOTS, and the cry babies can stay home. This ship will be a huge hit here in the Tri-state area.

I'm willing to bet that these cry babies are the same people who constantly go to guest service and complain about every little detail of their cruise in hopes to get something for free. I used to deal with that when I worked at Disney. I can't tell you the number of times visitors were "disappointed" when they traveled all the way to Orlando and found out Space Mountain was closed.

I don't live in the tri-state area but I'm looking forward to the Quantum and sailing out of Bayonne. It'll give me an excuse to come in a day early and visit NYC.

I don't live in the tri-state area but I'm looking forward to the Quantum and sailing out of Bayonne. It'll give me an excuse to come in a day early and visit NYC.

Good for you, that's the spirit!! When the Disney Magic sailed from NY a group met up pre-cruise to celebrate; did the same a few years ago with CC friends in Rome, pre Legend of the Seas.

Hope that when folks start booking Quantum, some of us folks familiar with NY can be helpful to our guests, whether first timers or experienced with the city.

Paul

I live in NJ, and am OVER THE MOON happy this beautiful ship is coming here. It will be a HUGE success here, I have no doubt. Embrace a little change once in a while. There will be more revealed as we go, I'm sure a good amount will be traditional RCCL ship staples. I'm just sick of the crying. By the way Florida get over it, my god one ship goes to another state and you guys have a conniption fit. You will get the next 10 in a row, can we in the North have just one?

My DH and I have never sailed on an RCCL ship but I will tell you I am excited having this ship home ported in Bayonne. We live 58 miles from Bayonne and this is probably the thing that is going to get us to try RCCL.

Since Celebrity won't do 12 night Caribbean cruise out of Bayonne then we will have to try Royal Caribbean.

I'm not sure what you are getting at when you say "choose to be happy". My happiness has nothing to do with my opinion of this ship thus far.

The fact that it will be sailing from N.J. makes no difference to me. I have no problem getting on a plane.

I would MUCH rather spend my money doing things on a cruise (excursions, drinks, specialty dining...) than on an overpriced airline ticket!

Good for you' date=' that's the spirit!! When the Disney Magic sailed from NY a group met up pre-cruise to celebrate; did the same a few years ago with CC friends in Rome, pre Legend of the Seas.

Hope that when folks start booking Quantum, some of us folks familiar with NY can be helpful to our guests, whether first timers or experienced with the city.

Paul[/quote']

Thanks Paul! I absolutely love NYC and my favorite thing to do is visiting the local restaurants around town. I remember an awesome Vietnamese restaurant in the Upper West Side and the food was delicious. I'd move to NYC in a heartbeat if it wasn't so darn expensive!

<<<<<<This person is extremely happy excited about a new ship sailing out of Bayonne. So tired of all the negative-nellies that are upset about Quantum not being in Florida. Not all RCI ships have to sail out of Florida. I love love love that I can drive 40 minutes to the port and get on the ship. We have sailed on the Explorer of the Seas five times over the years and loved our cruises. It is way overdue for a new ship. Choose to be happy folks!!! So much less stressful. :p;)

I am with you Annefran..........we have cruised on the EXplorer many times like you and are thrilled with the coming of this new ship for all of us here in the tri state area. We live only 40 mins. from Bayonne also and it is a real plus for the drive to port. The ship will be awesome with I am sure with many comforts etc. for everyone on board. We will book ASAP when bookings open in May. Thank you RCI for bringing this ship to New Jersey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I live in Florida, but am extremely happy that Quantum is sailing out NJ. Most of my family lives in NJ, MD or VA and they always have to fly down here for cruises (more of them than me), so this way it will be easier to convince them to cruise..and I like the staggered itineraries, especially the Southern route from some place other than San Juan...

As for the ship I think it's innovative, yep it's not the typical Royal ship but I personally like some of the newer things (not for me necessarily but for the teens in our group)...

I guess we'll all enjoy the beautiful QOTS, and the cry babies can stay home. This ship will be a huge hit here in the Tri-state area.

Can't wait to see the reverse complaining and whining,when RCI post the the new ship prices.Me i will wait for awhile to see if i like the amusement park of the seas.Where is the Royal Promenade? People will stay away if they don't like this ship.I am not impressed so far, time will tell,i may end up liking her. :eek: :)

Well its nice to see some praise here for QOTS. The complainers, whiners and cry babies are always the loudest. The silent majority will love the ship, sail on the ship, have a great vacation, and already love its coming to NJ. I CAN'T WAIT!

I live in Florida, but am extremely happy that Quantum is sailing out NJ. Most of my family lives in NJ, MD or VA and they always have to fly down here for cruises (more of them than me), so this way it will be easier to convince them to cruise..and I like the staggered itineraries, especially the Southern route from some place other than San Juan...

As for the ship I think it's innovative, yep it's not the typical Royal ship but I personally like some of the newer things (not for me necessarily but for the teens in our group)...

NYC is very convenient place for me but we'll continue to fly to Florida.

I prefer better ships.

This ship is innovative in bells and whistles but regressive in major things.

Another point of dismay.....Quantam will be the ONLY NJ based RC ship, something I just now realized. So, those who want to cruise from the Northeast and save airfare can chose from the most expensive RC ship, or one of the smallest RC ships (from Baltimore).....and go to the Bahamas.....in February.:( Kinda feeling like we are being forced into flying south at this point. Anyone else?

Another point of dismay.....Quantam will be the ONLY NJ based RC ship, something I just now realized. So, those who want to cruise from the Northeast and save airfare can chose from the most expensive RC ship, or one of the smallest RC ships (from Baltimore).....and go to the Bahamas.....in February.:( Kinda feeling like we are being forced into flying south at this point. Anyone else?

We can also do land vacations,i won't sail on a ship i don't like.We have to see if we can live with the Amusement park of the seas. :confused: :)

We read the same negative stuff when RCI introduced Oasis. Personally I don't care if people like the ship or not. Not the end of the world.

RCI has only released a small portion of this ship. If you don't like it then don't book it. If the price is too high then book something else. Now how hard is that?:rolleyes:

We read the same negative stuff when RCI introduced Oasis. Personally I don't care if people like the ship or not. Not the end of the world.

RCI has only released a small portion of this ship. If you don't like it then don't book it. If the price is too high then book something else. Now how hard is that?:rolleyes:

Exactly G!! We have two booked cruises on the Oasis, cannot wait :D

###

Archived