Free wifi in Corfu, Santorini, Mykonos, and Katakolon?

mikeerdas

One given for cruise travel is that on-board wifi charges will be exorbitant. So I'm wondering where in Corfu, Santorini, Mykonos, and Katakolon there might be free wifi--this is the itinerary of our Norwegian Jade cruise.

On an excellent blog post referenced in a semi-recent Corfu post here on CC, someone mentioned there was free wifi at or near the New Fort in Corfu. Is this still the case? And are there other places in Corfu Town, or the other ports mentioned, where I can find free wifi?

Thought it would be a great idea to identify some good free wifi spots in advance and catch-up with friends / family online rather than pay the high ship prices.

One given for cruise travel is that on-board wifi charges will be exorbitant. So I'm wondering where in Corfu, Santorini, Mykonos, and Katakolon there might be free wifi--this is the itinerary of our Norwegian Jade cruise.

On an excellent blog post referenced in a semi-recent Corfu post here on CC, someone mentioned there was free wifi at or near the New Fort in Corfu. Is this still the case? And are there other places in Corfu Town, or the other ports mentioned, where I can find free wifi?

Thought it would be a great idea to identify some good free wifi spots in advance and catch-up with friends / family online rather than pay the high ship prices.

There were quite a few crew members in the cruise terminal in Corfu on computers. I presume wifi was free there.

Other than that I don't remember seeing a crowd like that. But we get an internet credit from Princess, so it is not a worry for me.

There were quite a few crew members in the cruise terminal in Corfu on computers. I presume wifi was free there.

Other than that I don't remember seeing a crowd like that. But we get an internet credit from Princess, so it is not a worry for me.

Thanks again Paul. I've got Venice covered (free wifi at our hotel) and now it sounds like I'm covered for Corfu as well. I'm not big on staying connected while traveling, but know my wife would enjoy it.

This is a tip for internet junkies only... :p :D On my last trip through the Med, I found a lot of restaurants and taverns had wifi, and in most cases their password was something simple like the phone number printed on the back of the menu. It got to the point where I didn't even need to ask for the wifi password... a couple of intelligent guesses usually did the trick. This can be helpful if you're just passing by an establishment and need a quick WiFi fix. :)

Yes, the crew gather at the cruise terminal in Corfu- and they know all the other spots on their regular visits to ports, so either ask them...or follow them!;)

• 3 weeks later...

We used free wifi at a restaurant in Corfu Town named Aegli. It is across the green commons area from the Old Fort. The server asked my wife for her iPhone and typed in the password for the wifi. Guess they're pretty secretive about it. So if you're going to eat, you may as well look for a place with free wifi.

I used a cafe/bar along the harbour front in Mykonos for my wifi connection. I saw a few advertising they had free wifi. The server gave me the password and I was connected.

We also got free wifi at a clifftop restaurant on Santorini, in Fira named Sphinx. Great food and view. Believe the server gave my wife the password.

Archived