Silhouette 18th Nov - Naples/Amalfi Tour.

hammo

Hi

I'm hoping for some advice . My wife & I will be arriving at Naples Port in November on Celebrity Sillouette and would love to make the trip down the Amalfi Coast ( and back ) in the day we have in port. We were in Amalfi 28 years ago when we discoverd we were expecting our first child so a return is a sentimental bucketlist item for us. The ships excusrions are large numbers ( and expensive ) and it seems the private tour operators who make the trip are very very expensive - ( 500+euro for 2 - and only feasible for us if we can arrage others to fill an 8 seater , which may be difficult ). We have been able to join a small group on our day from Livorno ( thankyou Helen !! - I think we still need 2 more people on that - see the RollCall connections posts #1111 and #1122 if interested in Pisa & Florence with fantastic travel companions ! :eek:)

Last time we took the hair-raising Amalfi coastal bus trip and stayed a few days and it was just beautiful. I think we returned to Rome by train , but the memory is a little jaded now..too much celebratory vino.

Can anyone give us some advice on how we can make this trip in the day using bus / train or if there are any small group tours making this trip with space for 2. We have posted similar on the Nov 18 Silhouette RollCall .

cheers:D

Hammo

Have you thought about a hydrofoil and/or boat? We are going to Italy for a two week land vacation this summer and are spending nine days on the coast. We fly into Naples and are going to take a hydrofoil to Sorrento then a boat to Amalfi. There are several boat companies with schedules on the web. Hydrofoils appear to be fairly common. From what I have seen, think you could do a day trip fairly easily, but you would likely need to book ahead.

Also recommend you check and post this on the Italy ports thread here on CC.

We will return to Naples in 2014 as part of our 11 night cruise on Reflection. Can't wait.

Archived