Seattle disembarkation and return flight ?

gladgirl

So we reserved the only direct flight that would get us home the same day as we return to Seattle from our Alaskan cruise. It leaves Seatac at 11:35am.

I called the ncl concierge to find out the earliest time I could have a car ready to take us to the airport and they told me 10am - which of course will make us miss our flight...

Is this correct or is it just the cruise line cya'ing in case docking is later than expected?

Thanks!

So we reserved the only direct flight that would get us home the same day as we return to Seattle from our Alaskan cruise. It leaves Seatac at 11:35am.

I called the ncl concierge to find out the earliest time I could have a car ready to take us to the airport and they told me 10am - which of course will make us miss our flight...

Is this correct or is it just the cruise line cya'ing in case docking is later than expected?

Thanks!

They probably are right. With a 11:35 flight you should be at SeaTac by 9:35 check in, clear security and be ready to board. Most flights start boarding about 30 minutes before schedule departure.

Flight 11:35

Boarding 11:05

Check in & security 9:00AM

Travel from Pier approx 45 minutes 8:15

If ship arrives at 7AM first disembarkation is usually starts at 8:00AM

Get a later flight if possible or spend the night then travel.

Getting through Seattle security was the absolute worst. 45 minutes in line just to get in different lines for actual TSA screening. The TSA agents in Seattle were rude, obnoxious and had no problem holding up the line so they could stop and chat. We finally made it through after an hour and a half in line. Even debarking promptly at 8am, you'd be pushing it to make an 11:30am flight.

Being that its Seattle you could have the possibility of fog which might make the ship come into port late. Coming home on my cruise in Feb to NY we hit fog the whole way home Saturday all up the east coast which on Sunday my ship came in on time but ships pulling into port in Florida that same day were delayed from the fog for a few hours. I think it was the Gem I can't remember the exact ship it was.

I would most definitely NOT try to make an 11:30 flight!

As others have said, you may well get there in time, but the odds are, you will not. We had a really smooth disembark in Seattle, but we had a hotel booked and were able to spend a day taking in the sights - Pike Place Market, the monorail, Space Needle and even a Mariners game - and take a nice, leisurely flight home the next day.

Look at it as an extra day's vacation without the stress of rushing around only to find you're too late!

I agree with the other posters. If you are able to change your flight for later in the day or next day, it would probably be your best option. There's nothing like panicking and rushing around after a week of fun and relaxation.

Are you the one that's cruising for your honeymoon?

Either way, enjoy your trip. :)

As a local resident who lives acroos the Sound from Seattle and makes the trip from the ferry terminal to the airport several times a year I have to agree with most on here. If you self disembark, and grab one of the waiting taxi's you will make it in plenty of time. The travel time to the airport is no more than 30 minutes, it's only about 15 miles I think. I will agree that Seattle security can be and usually is slower than most other airports. However the last 3 trips I've made in the last year have been much faster. Provided the ship arrives on time and clears customs promptly you should be ok.

Archived