Azamara Extends Anniversary Upgrade Promotion Through May 31!

Bill Leiber

Hello Azamara Followers -

Azamara Club Cruises has extended its three year anniversary promotion through May 31, 2013:

§ Travelers who make a booking though May 31 for a voyage departing August 1, 2013 through July 2014, will enjoy a double-category upgrade to a Club Veranda Stateroom when booking at a Club Interior price.

§ In the US and Canada, this promotion is paired with the existing ChoiceAir cruise credit of $1,000 per stateroom. To our international customers, please check with your local marketing office for program details.

§ Remember that this spring, to complete the evolution of our "More-Inclusive" tariff we have added select standard spirits, beers and wines at ship bars during the regular bar hours and included a complimentary AzAmazing Evening special event. (Nov 13, Azamara Quest Trans-Atlantic excluded.)

§ The last day to book this offer is now extended from April 30 to May 31, 2013.

Our Anniversary offer provides the unprecedented opportunity to sail in a Club Veranda Stateroom at the tariff cost of a Standard Interior Stateroom - that's a "Double-category" Upgrade! It's the most aggressive offer that we have ever offered!

More information about Azamara’s Anniversary offer and applicable sailings can be found at

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/special-offers/azamazing-april-upgrade-offer?intcmp=z_zmzn_tctclp_prl_dlsprm_cntntr_3836

Happy Sailing!

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Azamara Club Cruises has extended its three year anniversary promotion through May 31, 2013:

§ Travelers who make a booking though May 31 for a voyage departing August 1, 2013 through July 2014, will enjoy a double-category upgrade to a Club Veranda Stateroom when booking at a Club Interior price.

§ In the US and Canada, this promotion is paired with the existing ChoiceAir cruise credit of $1,000 per stateroom. To our international customers, please check with your local marketing office for program details.

§ Remember that this spring, to complete the evolution of our "More-Inclusive" tariff we have added select standard spirits, beers and wines at ship bars during the regular bar hours and included a complimentary AzAmazing Evening special event. (Nov 13, Azamara Quest Trans-Atlantic excluded.)

§ The last day to book this offer is now extended from April 30 to May 31, 2013.

Our Anniversary offer provides the unprecedented opportunity to sail in a Club Veranda Stateroom at the tariff cost of a Standard Interior Stateroom - that's a "Double-category" Upgrade! It's the most aggressive offer that we have ever offered!

More information about Azamara’s Anniversary offer and applicable sailings can be found at

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/special-offers/azamazing-april-upgrade-offer?intcmp=z_zmzn_tctclp_prl_dlsprm_cntntr_3836

Happy Sailing!

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Wish they would include cruises past July 2014...why not go until the end of 2014?oh we'll maybe next time!

We were about to book the 11 night Quest July 3 sailing to the Norway, Iceland, and Scotland. The cost of the balcony cabin is $5299 and there's no Choice Air credit.

Then I saw this announcement and found a 12 night version of this sailing during July of 2014. The cost of the balcony cabin drops to $4399 and there's a Choice Air credit of $500 per person.

I don't understand why, if there is so much overcapacity on the sailing we were considering (looks like at least 50 balcony room are unbooked), Azamara wouldn't start the promotion with the close-in sailings.

The per diem for the 2013 cruise is around $480. The 2014 cruise per diem is around $325.

I guess we can wait a year. I'm all about value - and this seems like a no-brainer.

Happy Sailing!

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Bill,

Does the anniversary promotion extend to loyal customers who have already booked or who have booked an Oceanview Stateroom?

Phil

Bill,

Does the anniversary promotion extend to loyal customers who have already booked or who have booked an Oceanview Stateroom?

Phil

Hello Phil -

I believe that guests who are previously booked and want to participate in this offer are required to contact their local customer service staff.

However, before doing so, please allow me the time to review your situation with our revenue and reservation management staff.

I will get back to you very soon with your next steps.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello Phil -

I believe that guests who are previously booked and want to participate in this offer are required to contact their local customer service staff.

However, before doing so, please allow me the time to review your situation with our revenue and reservation management staff.

I will get back to you very soon with your next steps.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello Bill,

I would also be very interested in the answer as I booked some time ago and was told by my TA that Azamara wish to charge us, I think, an extra £1000 each. We have been on two Azamara club cruises before.

Regards, Hapicruisin

Hello Bill,

I would also be very interested in the answer as I booked some time ago and was told by my TA that Azamara wish to charge us, I think, an extra £1000 each. We have been on two Azamara club cruises before.

Regards, Hapicruisin

Hello Hapicruisin -

I'm still waiting word from the UK on how they are handling the impact of this new offer on existing bookings and I'm hopeful that I'll have the information I need to issue a response sometime tomorrow.

Please stand by for my response which will help you when you contact the UK customer service team.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

I was about to book a sailing during this sale , but today see that that sailing is now dropped from the list on the Azamara website. It was there a few days ago, so the announcement of "any sailing" in that time period my not be totally true

Hello Hapicruisin -

I'm still waiting word from the UK on how they are handling the impact of this new offer on existing bookings and I'm hopeful that I'll have the information I need to issue a response sometime tomorrow.

Please stand by for my response which will help you when you contact the UK customer service team.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello Bill,

Thank you for your prompt response. I look forward to your reply, with fingers crossed!

Hapicruisin

Hello Phil, Hapicruisin and other UK readers -

As a previously booked customer, you may contact UK customer service to discuss adjusting your current booking to the new offer with the caveat that the new reservation will be based on the prevailing rate set for that specific voyage. Further, you will no longer be eligible to receive the benefits that were included in your past promotion. Simply, the new Anniversary upgrade promotion will prevail.

Please contact customer service at azamaraservice.uk@rccl.com to review your specific booking with our staff. "Hapicruisin" please discuss the "extra £1000 each" that you were quoted with the customer service representative.

Thank you for your loyal support of Azamara.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

I was about to book a sailing during this sale , but today see that that sailing is now dropped from the list on the Azamara website. It was there a few days ago, so the announcement of "any sailing" in that time period my not be totally true

Hello Tango9 -

I'm sorry that the sailing that you were considering for this upgrade offer is no longer available. As with most promotional offers, the inventory allocated for the offer is "capacity controlled." That means that the number of veranda staterooms allocated on each voyage is set at a pre-determined level and once that number has been achieved then the voyage is closed for that promotion.

The terms and conditions for this offer shown on our website states that "The number of veranda staterooms is limited." Here is a link to the Terms and Conditions.

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/special-offers/azamazing-april-upgrade-offer?intcmp=z_zmzn_tctclp_prl_hm_pghdr_2047

It seems that the sailing you had selected originally was very popular. Hopefully you'll be able to find an alternative itinerary that fulfills your vacation needs so that we can welcome you onboard again.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

As a previously booked customer, you may contact UK customer service to discuss adjusting your current booking to the new offer with the caveat that the new reservation will be based on the prevailing rate set for that specific voyage. Further, you will no longer be eligible to receive the benefits that were included in your past promotion. Simply, the new Anniversary upgrade promotion will prevail.

Please contact customer service at azamaraservice.uk@rccl.com to review your specific booking with our staff. "Hapicruisin" please discuss the "extra £1000 each" that you were quoted with the customer service representative.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Bill,

Thanks for that, I will make contact with Customer Service but, I would imagine that, the rate I was able to negotiate originally would not be bettered by the Anniversary Promotion.

Regards,

Phil

We were about to book the 11 night Quest July 3 sailing to the Norway, Iceland, and Scotland. The cost of the balcony cabin is $5299 and there's no Choice Air credit.

Then I saw this announcement and found a 12 night version of this sailing during July of 2014. The cost of the balcony cabin drops to $4399 and there's a Choice Air credit of $500 per person.

I don't understand why, if there is so much overcapacity on the sailing we were considering (looks like at least 50 balcony room are unbooked), Azamara wouldn't start the promotion with the close-in sailings.

The per diem for the 2013 cruise is around $480. The 2014 cruise per diem is around $325.

I guess we can wait a year. I'm all about value - and this seems like a no-brainer.

Looks like we'll be going to Iceland this July after all. The price has dropped from $5299 to $3,599. With some perks from my travel agent, this becomes a value proposition once again.

This will be our 11th Azamara cruise - we've been with them almost from the beginning. We've seen the problems and lived with the inconveniences. However, the price we paid for each cruise always made sense in terms of what we received. The only constant was the onboard staff and crew - they've always been superb. Looks like this price increase has not stuck and there will be rampant discounting, whether they call it "balcony for an inside price" or not. If Azamara can't balance price against customer receivables and still make money they won't be in business. And that would be very sad for lots of people like us who come back to Azamara again and again.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Dear Bill,

I duly emailed Azamara on 2nd May and had an automated reply the next day from lhanlon to say, "your message was received. Thank you."

Since then I have heard nothing.

I am working on the basis that no news is good news but I am not holding

my breath. It would be good to hear something. Especially as, the longer it goes on the fewer balconies there will be!

I did contact my T/A, not having heard any more from Azamara, who came back with an answer from Azamara saying that the promotion only applied to oceanview to balcony cabins. Which is blatant nonsense. Having told him exactly what the new promotion said on Azamara's site he asked me to email the page to him so he could get back to Azamara about it. So far, I have not heard back from him either. I think there must be a conspiracy against me!

Apart from changing my T/A, which is a bit late now, has Bill or anyone else any ideas about what I could do to secure our upgrade?

Hapicruisin

Dear Bill,

I duly emailed Azamara on 2nd May and had an automated reply the next day from lhanlon to say, "your message was received. Thank you."

Since then I have heard nothing.

I am working on the basis that no news is good news but I am not holding

my breath. It would be good to hear something. Especially as, the longer it goes on the fewer balconies there will be!

I did contact my T/A, not having heard any more from Azamara, who came back with an answer from Azamara saying that the promotion only applied to oceanview to balcony cabins. Which is blatant nonsense. Having told him exactly what the new promotion said on Azamara's site he asked me to email the page to him so he could get back to Azamara about it. So far, I have not heard back from him either. I think there must be a conspiracy against me!

Apart from changing my T/A, which is a bit late now, has Bill or anyone else any ideas about what I could do to secure our upgrade?

Hapicruisin

Hello Hapicruisin -

I'm sorry for your frustration with your booking revision request to obtain an upgrade to a veranda stateroom during our Anniversary promotion. I suggest that you or your travel agent contact our Loyalty Desk for the UK & Ireland who may be able to assist you with this problem:

Loyalty Desk UK & Ireland

Captain's Club, Crown & Anchor and Le Club Voyage

Email:
captainsclub.uk@rccl.com

Tel: 0844 481 7505

I have sent a copy of your Cruise Critic posting to the Loyalty Desk and when you send an email or phone them, please be sure to use or mention your Cruise Critic avatar of "Hapicruisiun." As you know, I do not have the authority to resolve specific issues nor do I have access to any customer's reservation history.

I’m hopeful that this information will be beneficial for you.

Best Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello Hapicruisin -

I'm sorry for your frustration with your booking revision request to obtain an upgrade to a veranda stateroom during our Anniversary promotion. I suggest that you or your travel agent contact our Loyalty Desk for the UK & Ireland who may be able to assist you with this problem:

Loyalty Desk UK & Ireland

Captain's Club, Crown & Anchor and Le Club Voyage

Email:
captainsclub.uk@rccl.com

Tel: 0844 481 7505

I have sent a copy of your Cruise Critic posting to the Loyalty Desk and when you send an email or phone them, please be sure to use or mention your Cruise Critic avatar of "Hapicruisiun." As you know, I do not have the authority to resolve specific issues nor do I have access to any customer's reservation history.

I’m hopeful that this information will be beneficial for you.

Best Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Dear Bill,

Thank you very much for your efforts on our behalf, it was very much appreciated, both in the prompt responses and your advice. I do understand you are not able to rectify problems, just to advise.

I phoned Azamara today as you suggested, but it was to no avail because the Azamara promotion stated 'Book one (or more) of our select 2013-2014 voyages before May 31, 2013 and you'll receive a double stateroom upgrade'. Well I did book one before May 31st (I booked it in March) but Azamara didn't say, as they usually do, book between 2 particular dates, only before 31st May.

Hence you and I, between us, have spent a lot of time on a fruitless task, which need not have occurred if Azamara had correctly stated their terms in the promotion.

Hapicruisin

Bill,

Does promotion also apply to cabins for solo use on cruises that only attract a 25% supplement?

Regards

Hello Scorpio123456 -

I'm pleased to report that the Anniversary upgrade promotion may be combined with the voyages that offer a single supplement set at 125%.

The 125% single supplement voyages can be found on the US website home page at the SPECIAL OFFERS tab. Under the tab you'll find "Fantastic Rates for Singles."

Please remember that not all the 125% single supplement voyages are available on all the "Upgrade" voyages or are all the "Upgrade" voyages set with a 125% single supplement. I recommend that you or your travel agent call reservations for that information.

Also, I want to remind you and other readers that with both promotional programs, the inventory allocated for each of the offers is "capacity controlled." That means that the number of veranda staterooms allocated on each voyage is set at a pre-determined level and once that number has been achieved then the voyage is closed for that promotion. The same formula applies to the number of staterooms that will be allocated for the 125% single supplement.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you aboard!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

________

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Good Afternoon Bill,

Just to give you an update, as per your email, we contacted azamaraservice.uk@rccl.com and were contacted by Lesley from The Captains Club who confirmed, as we thought, the original deal we were given by our TA was better than the promotion, no problem, we got a very good deal initially.

Now to get to the crux of this post, yesterday we received a call from Lesley at azamaraservice.uk letting us know that she had found an offer that had just been made available which was better than the original deal we had booked, she had already contacted our TA to agree the deal for us and just needed our confirmation that we were happy to proceed with the new deal.

This was all above and beyond the call of duty and certainly exceeded our expectations. The UK office is often much maligned on these boards but, credit were credit is due, personally our queries have always been resolved efficiently and courteously and we have nothing but the highest praise for Lesley and the rest of the team.

Regards,

Phil & Julie

Good Afternoon Bill,

Just to give you an update, as per your email, we contacted azamaraservice.uk@rccl.com and were contacted by Lesley from The Captains Club who confirmed, as we thought, the original deal we were given by our TA was better than the promotion, no problem, we got a very good deal initially.

Now to get to the crux of this post, yesterday we received a call from Lesley at azamaraservice.uk letting us know that she had found an offer that had just been made available which was better than the original deal we had booked, she had already contacted our TA to agree the deal for us and just needed our confirmation that we were happy to proceed with the new deal.

This was all above and beyond the call of duty and certainly exceeded our expectations. The UK office is often much maligned on these boards but, credit were credit is due, personally our queries have always been resolved efficiently and courteously and we have nothing but the highest praise for Lesley and the rest of the team.

Regards,

Phil & Julie

Hi, Phil and Julie,

I am very pleased that you managed to have your booking revised to your

obvious satisfaction. I wish we had been as lucky. Perhaps Lesley will

contact us, also. Have a great cruise.

§ Remember that this spring, to complete the evolution of our "More

Inclusive" tariff we have added select standard spirits, beers and wines at ship bars during the regular bar hours and included a complimentary AzAmazing Evening special event. (Nov 13, Azamara Quest Trans-Atlantic excluded.)

FONT=Calibri]More information about Azamara’s Anniversary offer and applicable sailings can be found at [/font]

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/special-offers/azamazing-april-upgrade-offer?intcmp=z_zmzn_tctclp_prl_dlsprm_cntntr_3836[/

Happy Sailing!

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Bill, after getting the Uk site up and running how about the rest of us? after spending a wonderful cruise last month in Asia on the Journey. We are left with 2 questions ,only one of which you might be able to answer. The first is why the hell did we not take advantage of the offer on board of booking towards another cruise? Stupid I know could have saved us some serious bucks I suppose the queues at the booking desk must have put me off. The second question is why is choice air only offered to customers in the UK and America? Is Azamara not intested in promoting bookings from all the other Europeans, we would like to book our flight with the cruise company directly but this possibility is not offered making our cruise much more expensieve.

Maybe you can look into this for me?

Kind regards Rosalyn

Speaking of choice air...what about us in Australia? Flying to join the ship is serious money from here however I am glad of the promotion giving me an opportunity to experience my first Azamara cruise.

The website needs some updating too.

Sue

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of questions...

The promo that is ending May 31st, 2013 that includes $1000 per cabin Choice Air credit.

1. I want to put a deposit down for a sailing in May of 2014 that is included in this promo. Problem is don't know if husband or daughter will be my traveling partner. Can I leave the 2nd Pax name to be determined later?

2. How long can I wait before I book my Air thru Choice Air. Obviously, because I don't know who will be the 2nd pax with me, maybe as late as Jan 2014, I cannot book the air yet. Can I wait as long as I want before I chose my flights??

Thanks in advance.

J.

Couple of questions...

The promo that is ending May 31st, 2013 that includes $1000 per cabin Choice Air credit.

1. I want to put a deposit down for a sailing in May of 2014 that is included in this promo. Problem is don't know if husband or daughter will be my traveling partner. Can I leave the 2nd Pax name to be determined later?

2. How long can I wait before I book my Air thru Choice Air. Obviously, because I don't know who will be the 2nd pax with me, maybe as late as Jan 2014, I cannot book the air yet. Can I wait as long as I want before I chose my flights??

Thanks in advance.

J.

Hi Kimanjo,

You can probably book Guest #2 As "TBA", but you should check with Azamara or your TA.

As for the Air, I'm fairly certain you can wait a bit, though I doubt it's indefinite. There's probably a deadline as to when you can finalize. My advice would be to finalize the 2nd guest as soon as possible, and book your air. I may be wrong about this, but as planes are generally full these days, I'd think the longer you wait, the more your chances increase of your flights/connections being disappointing, as the best options might be unavailable.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

Archived