No sailings for NYC 2014??

heatherandfred

Interesting thread. It will also be interesting on how Carnival can compete with RCCL and NCL, each having a brand new innovative ship sailing out of New York (well, Jersey from a RCCL perspectice).

The Splendor is a nice ship, but if new and innovative are prime decision considerations for clients, then they will be somewhat behind the 8 ball. What are the itineraries for NCL and RCCL out of NYC? I agree that the wintertime stops for the Splendor (and the Miracle before her) are a bit ho humm.

Interesting thread. It will also be interesting on how Carnival can compete with RCCL and NCL, each having a brand new innovative ship sailing out of New York (well, Jersey from a RCCL perspectice).

HEY!

Even the Jersey ships sail out of NY! :p

Huh? I was just on the Splendor out of Nyc and it was 100% full.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Easter week, of course.

Other weeks and future weeks are going for $299 per person, that's $37 a day for an 8 day cruise on a relatively new ship. It's unheard of. Once I saw that price I thought for sure that the price would go up and people would be jumping, but no, weeks later and they still have $299 fares on the Splendor.

Obviously, they are not filling up the ship.

The Splendor is a nice ship, but if new and innovative are prime decision considerations for clients, then they will be somewhat behind the 8 ball. What are the itineraries for NCL and RCCL out of NYC? I agree that the wintertime stops for the Splendor (and the Miracle before her) are a bit ho humm.

The Breakaway, in the winter is doing the ho-hum itinerary: Port Canaveral, Nassau, Great Stirrup Cay (7 day cruise).

Splendor is doing Port Canaveral, Nassau and Freeport and can't fill their ships for $299 per person (8 day cruise).

Easter week, of course.

Other weeks and future weeks are going for $299 per person, that's $37 a day for an 8 day cruise on a relatively new ship.

For an inside cabin in November/Early December for a really crappy itinerary.

You can get the same cabin in August for $1039.00.

The Breakaway, in the winter is doing the ho-hum itinerary: Port Canaveral, Nassau, Great Stirrup Cay (7 day cruise).

Splendor is doing Port Canaveral, Nassau and Freeport and can't fill their ships for $299 per person (8 day cruise).

Cruise line choice aside, I would not sail out of NYC in January for free.....

Notabout two go on a winter cruise out of NY where the first two and last two days are cold.

We go to Florida so entire cruise can be warm weather.

Any cruise going to Nassau, Freeport and Pt Canaveral (or any two of the three) is just not going to see me onboard.

A $299 rate in the NY market attracts the wrong customer.

Cheap rates in ANY market...

And to those who get offended by this remark or need clarification: Deeply discounted rates are meant to fill the ships up any way possible. Many seasoned or well traveled cruisers will take advantage of the low rates, but these rates will also attract some people who under different circumstances would've never consider cruising (or any other type of vacation for that matter).

Unfortunately, a lack of exposure to travel (more specifically in a cruise type of setting) means that many of these fellow cruisers will also lack some basic social skills that can mean the difference between pleasant fellow cruisers and fellow cruisers from hell.

Not everybody researches a cruise vacation they way many of us do to find out whats acceptable and what's not, and unfortunately not everybody knows how to behave in a public setting (and even less on a cruise).

HEATHER!!!

We've been waiting for 2014 itineraries as well - as much as we love sailing out of NY, we were thinking of sailing out of FL as the NY itineraries are just too same old-same old. We've been waiting for the Breeze sailings to be announced.

They'll sail full.

And to those who get offended by this remark or need clarification: Deeply discounted rates are meant to fill the ships up any way possible. Many seasoned or well traveled cruisers will take advantage of the low rates, but these rates will also attract some people who under different circumstances would've never consider cruising (or any other type of vacation for that matter).

Unfortunately, a lack of exposure to travel (more specifically in a cruise type of setting) means that many of these fellow cruisers will also lack some basic social skills that can mean the difference between pleasant fellow cruisers and fellow cruisers from hell.

Not everybody researches a cruise vacation they way many of us do to find out whats acceptable and what's not, and unfortunately not everybody knows how to behave in a public setting (and even less on a cruise).

So what a person can afford to vacation is one indicator of their social graces?

So what a person can afford to vacation is one indicator of their social graces?

Nope, not at all. Read my post again, specifically the last paragraph. You don't need a lot of money to travel or to learn about other cultures and places. Unfortunately a lot of people choose not to do any research and when they do go on vacation, they have no idea how to act in such an environment, where something as simple courtesy goes a long way.

Well done and I agree 100%.......

Sometimes people would like to DRAG out a comment from someone other than what they were originally trying to state to stir the pot and get the thread POOFED....

Almost like a lawyer:rolleyes::rolleyes:

these rates will also attract some people who under different circumstances would've never consider cruising (or any other type of vacation for that matter).

Unfortunately, a lack of exposure to travel (more specifically in a cruise type of setting) means that many of these fellow cruisers will also lack some basic social skills

I just don't agree with you or the other guy who keep saying a cheap cruise attracts people with the lack of social skills or whatever way the other guy tried to say it. Ability to afford cruising is not tied to basic social skills.

Brilliantly Put!

Archived