Is there a past guest party for red status members?

blizzrd

If someone is in the room with the person who's on their second cruise but they are on their first do they still get the perks or no

The only perk you get for a second cruise is the free drink. And no, only the "red" cruiser will get a coupon.

Of course if you order a big enough drink you could share. ;)

I was just told by someone at carnival that now there's a party for red a party for gold etc etc so she lied. Nice carnival, nice.

Why do people say this? A lie is told on purpose to mislead someone. I am sure the rep was just misinformed or was not sure. I seriously doubt this person went out of their way to lie to you.

Carnival reps are notorious for not knowing everything they should and for giving out misinformation. But, to say that they lied is a bit of a stretch.

I'm waiting for it to be named the Gold, Platinum, Gold and Faster to the Fun VIFP Party!!:D

I think that might actually cause me to not attend the party. :D

I have to say, having it in the aft lounge and having the better hors d'oeuvrs was nice. Don't think I'd want to move back to the theater with a thousand of my closest friends.

I'm confused, I have 20 days/points and am going on a 5 day early in September. I am listed as red on that one. I have another one booked later in September and on that one I am gold. I'm just assuming I am red on the first but if they decide to change it upon embarkation, that will be fine with me!

Same situation as my mom. She had 20 days going into our then-booked 5 day on the Triumph. The cabin confirmation listed her current status of red. The boarding docs listed her as gold. You should be gold on both.

Meredith

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Why do people say this? A lie is told on purpose to mislead someone. I am sure the rep was just misinformed or was not sure. I seriously doubt this person went out of their way to lie to you.

Carnival reps are notorious for not knowing everything they should and for giving out misinformation. But, to say that they lied is a bit of a stretch.

Why? How about because she told me something that wasnt true? She wasn't just some carnival rep, she was one of the people from the loyalty dept, she knew everything about all the new plans, how they work etc etc. she told me that to try to appease me. It's not like saying something that isn't true would be considered going out of one's way. The world is flat, there I just lied to you and no, I'd did not go out of my way to do that. See how easy that is?

Why? How about because she told me something that wasnt true? She wasn't just some carnival rep, she was one of the people from the loyalty dept, she knew everything about all the new plans, how they work etc etc. she told me that to try to appease me. It's not like saying something that isn't true would be considered going out of one's way. The world is flat, there I just lied to you and no, I'd did not go out of my way to do that. See how easy that is?

Like I said Carnival reps are notorious for not knowing the right answers. That does not mean they lied to you. I don't care which department they are from. There are lots of threads here that prove that fact.

All I am saying is people automatically assume that someone is lying when they tell them something that is wrong. I would say that in Carnival's case, most of the time they are just not informed correctly. You don't know if she was new or not.

I think that might actually cause me to not attend the party. :D

I have to say, having it in the aft lounge and having the better hors d'oeuvrs was nice. Don't think I'd want to move back to the theater with a thousand of my closest friends.

I agree! The last one we attended on our Ecstasy cruise was in the aft lounge. It was very nice and there was plenty of drinks and food to he had by all. I disliked it in the big theatre where you darn near had to tackle a waiter to get a drink.

The only perk you get for a second cruise is the free drink. And no, only the "red" cruiser will get a coupon.

Of course if you order a big enough drink you could share. ;)

Last cruise we were red, gold and platinum and we all got coupons

They didn't lie to you so much as Carnival employees are on average, pretty clueless. There was probably no deceit behind what you were told, its just that consistency and Carnival are often at odds. Then again for the prices they drop to to fill the ships, its something I have come to expect. They are obviously cheaping out on their web page and phone reps.

Slightly off topic:

Sometimes a thread will remind me of a question I have....

We have only cruised once with Carnival. During the cruise I printed out our s&s account from a kiosk and noticed there were two mystery credits on our account, 2 - $12.83 credits. The OBC from a price drop was there, the cash we deposited was there, and all our purchases. But I have no clue about the 2 small credits. I thought maybe they were drink credits for newbies but it sounds like they give paper certificates for free drinks.

Anyone else get these?

Slightly off topic:

Sometimes a thread will remind me of a question I have....

We have only cruised once with Carnival. During the cruise I printed out our s&s account from a kiosk and noticed there were two mystery credits on our account, 2 - $12.83 credits. The OBC from a price drop was there, the cash we deposited was there, and all our purchases. But I have no clue about the 2 small credits. I thought maybe they were drink credits for newbies but it sounds like they give paper certificates for free drinks.

Anyone else get these?

Yes, we usually get some small credit (taxes or fees drop)

Unfortunately, there's not. And it's really unfortunate that they changed this. If you're a past guest you should be invited to the past guest party. Some of the changes Carnival has made really suck!

those past guest parties got out of control they were so full you never got any drinks or appetizers.

I'm glad to hear that my 10-year old DD will also get a free drink, it will be nice for her to get a virgin daquiri or a Shirley Temple or something of her choosing!!

On the Pride in December only the adults got a free drink ticket. My daughter did not even though she was red as well. She was 12.

I'm just bummed cause we get our Gold back again next month but since it is only a 4 day cruise they say they aren't doing a past guest party :( Oh Well :) We will just have to have our own party :D:D:D

Last cruise we were red, gold and platinum and we all got coupons

I was stating the difference between a "blue" first timer and a "red" past guest, and that there are no perks to speak of except the free drink coupon. A coupon only the past guest would receive. ;)

I'm just bummed cause we get our Gold back again next month but since it is only a 4 day cruise they say they aren't doing a past guest party :( Oh Well :) We will just have to have our own party :D:D:D

Yep, only on 5+ day cruises.

I guess there's not enough room on those shorter cruises for all those drinks. :p

Looking at the new loyalty program, it doesn't look like there's a complimentary past guest party for red. Even though I was gold before and was able to go last time, they're saying I'm red now.

Just consider the whole cruise your Past Guest party.

Some of the Past Guest parties we go to, others we skip depending on what's planned. Missing a couple of free drinks and some snacks is not a deal breaker for us.

Just consider the whole cruise your Past Guest party.

Some of the Past Guest parties we go to, others we skip depending on what's planned. Missing a couple of free drinks and some snacks is not a deal breaker for us.

Eh, the whole cruise is something that I'm paying for. The past guest party I went to before was cool because it was free :D It's not a deal breaker at all, but it's a whole lot more than a couple of drinks. Last time I must have thrown down 10-12 drinks which jump started the evening. Some of the apps were good too. Again, like I said, it's just more reason to bring my own on board.

If you hit 25 days during your next cruise, you will get invited.

You should be close if you were gold before?

Ha, so let me simplify to make sure I understand: My DAYS SAILED says 24 and it says 1 VIFP Point til Gold, so we should be able to attend the Past Guest Party? I almost never go, but this time I really want to go! LOL:rolleyes: We sail a 5 day at the EOM so I will look for INVITE!!!

Ha, so let me simplify to make sure I understand: My DAYS SAILED says 24 and it says 1 VIFP Point til Gold, so we should be able to attend the Past Guest Party? I almost never go, but this time I really want to go! LOL:rolleyes: We sail a 5 day at the EOM so I will look for INVITE!!!

Yes, you got it! :D

You should get your gold S&S cards (I do like the overall look of the new cards btw) at check-in and your invite in the room as always. And the pin too (which I'm not liking anymore since the ship name isn't there).

Definitely go this time, we were very surprised. The appetizers were much better, the amount attending was much smaller and that made it much easier to get drinks. And appetizers.

Hope you enjoy it.

Archived