Benefits for being a Gold Member?

Hey fellow cruisers.....

Okay, I have a whopping ONE (1) cruise under my belt and are 18 days away from my second cruise. I joined the C&A Society a while back but didn't peruse the webpage at all so I just found out last night that I can check off a box for an automatic upgrade....not likely to happen, I understand :p

So, with that in mind, other than Gold leading to Platinum, are there any benefits I can take advantage of by being a Gold member?

You got to throw down that "gold card" and demand the world from your servants. "Do you know who I am?"

I've run into a few gold members with this attitude and its hilarious. Sure, you may get an upgrade after everyone else does but don't count on it. Really the only useful perks are the welcome Back reception win free booze and the coupon book which isn't great but will get you a few free things.

I'm assuming you've seen this but here are all the benefits.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do

Darn....I had high hopes of shouldering my way through a long lineup announcing at the top my voice "OUTTA MY WAY, GOLD MEMBER (Austin Powers?) COMING THROUGH!!!" :D

You got to throw down that "gold card" and demand the world from your servants. "Do you know who I am?"

I've run into a few gold members with this attitude and its hilarious. Sure, you may get an upgrade after everyone else does but don't count on it. Really the only useful perks are the welcome Back reception win free booze and the coupon book which isn't great but will get you a few free things.

I'm assuming you've seen this but here are all the benefits.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do

True, but at least it's something. And it does get better the more you cruise.

LOL with the rest of your post! :D

Darn....I had high hopes of shouldering my way through a long lineup announcing at the top my voice "OUTTA MY WAY, GOLD MEMBER (Austin Powers?) COMING THROUGH!!!" :D

For some reason (perhaps triggered by your screen name), I imagine you saying that more in a Barney Fife (Don Knotts) voice, rather than Austin Powers. :D

Depends on how you look at what you get. ONe free drink when you buy one, has a value up to $20. (On Oasias in the PUB, they sell a beer for $20.00 so you got one free). Also, the match play coupon netted me $100.00 in winnings. Not counting the welcome back free booze, I got $120.00 in free stuff.

I too am a Gold member and I recently got £75 off my cruise price through a saving certificate, not a great amount but it still covers something else. This of course isn't relevant to every cruise, only selected sailings are on the list that they update every so often. These saving certificates can be found under Special Offers on the Crown & Anchor Homepage after you log in.

Depends on how you look at what you get. ONe free drink when you buy one, has a value up to $20. (On Oasias in the PUB, they sell a beer for $20.00 so you got one free). Also, the match play coupon netted me $100.00 in winnings. Not counting the welcome back free booze, I got $120.00 in free stuff.

Sorry but this confuses me. I have been on Oasis twice and have never seen beer priced as you indicate. The BOGO coupons that I've used there are just that - you pay the standard tab for a beer (typically $6+ - $8+ (Fosters come to mind)) and present the coupon at the time of purchase and get the second one free. Which means for $6+ - $8+ you get two beers with the coupon. Never seen anything approaching $20 for a beer in order to get one free.

Hey fellow cruisers.....

Okay, I have a whopping ONE (1) cruise under my belt and are 18 days away from my second cruise. I joined the C&A Society a while back but didn't peruse the webpage at all so I just found out last night that I can check off a box for an automatic upgrade....not likely to happen, I understand :p

So, with that in mind, other than Gold leading to Platinum, are there any benefits I can take advantage of by being a Gold member?

BOGO on the milkshakes at Johnny Rockets. For me, that was all I needed!

Sorry but this confuses me. I have been on Oasis twice and have never seen beer priced as you indicate. The BOGO coupons that I've used there are just that - you pay the standard tab for a beer (typically $6+ - $8+ (Fosters come to mind)) and present the coupon at the time of purchase and get the second one free. Which means for $6+ - $8+ you get two beers with the coupon. Never seen anything approaching $20 for a beer in order to get one free.

There's one "beer" in the pub called Chimay Blue. It's 750ml and goes for $19.95.

There's one "beer" in the pub called Chimay Blue. It's 750ml and goes for $19.95.

Got it. (Familiar with Chimay). But that certainly would be the exception to the norm - which had me confused - as it wasn't specified in the post. I was basing my question on the standard bill of fare as would apply to most beer purchases there.

...and BTW one 750 ml Chimay would be more than enough for me!

Thanks for the clarification.

dont feel bad i was a gold member until i was on my last cruise. dint know if you know already but if u book a junior suite or higher you get double points so like if you go on a 7 day cruise you get 14 points if you stay in a junior suite or higher.

At Rhenium Level, we get all sorts of things.

I get to drive the boat for a couple of hours.

They actually sail the boat up the St. Johns River to pick me up closer to home.

I'm allowed to walk by other tables and just take whatever I want off other people's plates.

I dictate the flavors of ice cream/sherbet each night... purely on a whim.

The captain comes and has his picture taken with me at my gala.

My room isn't even on the ship. They fly it in each vacation and mount it to the hull.

For those of you who have used the Priority Checkin, have you noticed whether it moves faster then using the regular checkin areas. We are Platinum now and wondered if there was any real benefit.

Sometimes priority moves faster, sometimes it doesn't. Some terminals have separate lines for priority, but the same set of check-in agents, and in this case priority usually moves faster. Some terminals have separate check-in agents for priority (like Bayonne), and you can wait longer because there are only a couple of agents, and there might be some large groups ahead of you.

They actually sail the boat up the St. Johns River to pick me up closer to home.

I'm allowed to walk by other tables and just take whatever I want off other people's plates.

My room isn't even on the ship. They fly it in each vacation and mount it to the hull.

Best. Cruise. Critic. Post. Ever!!!

You had me at Rhenium :D

Hilarious!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Archived