Chef's Table

We have never cruise with Celebrity before but have done other cruise lines. The last one was a Carnival and we were able to participate in the Chef's Table evening. Does Celebrity have something the same or similar offered to it's guests?

What's a "Chef's Table evening"? I haven't sailed Carnival and I'm unfamiliar with the event. Others here may be in the same position.

We have never cruise with Celebrity before but have done other cruise lines. The last one was a Carnival and we were able to participate in the Chef's Table evening. Does Celebrity have something the same or similar offered to it's guests?

Celebrity does have a chefs table. There is one or more per cruise depending on the length of the cruise and how many people sign up. Sign up cannot be done in advance but it's done after you board the ship. You can do so with the maître d' or people selling specially dining packages. The ones we have participated in included the Chef, several senior officers and 10 to 12 cruisers. It is usually held in the galley and includes wine pairings with each course. I don't recall the exact price but I believe it is around $125 per person. It's a lot of fun and well worth the price, IMO. Bob..

What's a "Chef's Table evening"? I haven't sailed Carnival and I'm unfamiliar with the event. Others here may be in the same position.

We recently did the Chef's table on the Carnival Magic. It was very similar to post Number 2 above, but the price was $75 per person. Our chef actually prepared desert as we watched. Very interesting. You can sign up for the Chef's Table on Carnival in advance by emailing the Steakhouse manager on your scheduled cruise with all the pertinent info. The chefs table on both Carnival and Celebrity are full evenings With plenty of food and wine. Go hungry.

We recently did the Chef's table on the Carnival Magic. It was very similar to post Number 2 above, but the price was $75 per person. Our chef actually prepared desert as we watched. Very interesting. You can sign up for the Chef's Table on Carnival in advance by emailing the Steakhouse manager on your scheduled cruise with all the pertinent info. The chefs table on both Carnival and Celebrity are full evenings With plenty of food and wine. Go hungry.

Thanks for the info in this and in your previous post. Definitely something to consider.

The Chef's Table on Eclipse over New Years was held in the Wine Cellar at Murano's and was attended by 2 ship's officers. We had amuse bouche in Cellar Masters, appetizers in Murano's kitchen and a 5 course dinner in the Wine Cellar. Each course was accompanied by wine. It sounds like a lot of food but portions were not overly large.

I don't remember the cost but it did include the Excite the Senses Cook Book. You could also attend without the book for a lesser amount. It was only held once on our 14 night cruise because the Wine Cellar was booked on other nights.

We are looking forward to it on our next cruise.

Mary Lou

We did it last December on the Eclipse and plan to do it again...it was great! We started in Cellar Masters for pre dinner drinks and then went to Murano Wine Cellar for the rest of the dinner which was totally prepared at the table. We had 2 ship's officers dining with us and the Captain stopped by for a while

To give credit where it's due, the Chef's Table was a Princess innovation,

and everybody, sister companies (HAL, Carnival) and competitors, like X

have copied the idea.

It's enormous fun-- if you can get on the list, you should go for it.

The Chef's Table on Eclipse over New Years was held in the Wine Cellar at Murano's and was attended by 2 ship's officers. We had amuse bouche in Cellar Masters, appetizers in Murano's kitchen and a 5 course dinner in the Wine Cellar. Each course was accompanied by wine. It sounds like a lot of food but portions were not overly large.

I don't remember the cost but it did include the Excite the Senses Cook Book. You could also attend without the book for a lesser amount. It was only held once on our 14 night cruise because the Wine Cellar was booked on other nights.

We are looking forward to it on our next cruise.

Mary Lou

Hi Mary Lou

Yes, it was a lovely event on Eclipse at New Year!

Let me just add that, on M-Class ships, the format is different because the [original] specialty restaurant galley is attached to the main galley and the whole meal actually takes place in the galley.

Sue

Archived