You Know That You Are Addicted to Cruising - Carnival Edition

zumbaguy

Wow - loving this thread - and I am definitely an 'addict'!.....and would add 'when you have made great friends on cruise critic even tho you have never actually met in person! :D:D (cuz they 'understand you' LOL)

I like him, too. Helluva nice guy! :D

Never met Zydeco but I hope to see him on a cruise and personally thank him for all of the enjoyment his post have provided my wife and I with. :cool:

You know you're addicted when.....

People tell you that they would never go on a cruise and you spend the next week trying to convince them otherwise.

And after they tell you that, you feel like you should shake them and wake them up!

When you go on a simple boat tour on your city's lake or river, and find yourself acting all happy and excited when you see things that remind you of your cruise, like choppy waters. Bonus points if you use cruise terms like "chair hogs", "embarkation", "red bag", etc. when talking to people. Double bonus points if they actually get the references.

When any kind of boat tour makes you feel excited giddy on the inside.

You're running out of room in your home for more "24 caret gold, plastic, pieces of ship on a stick". :cool:

"SKY"

I just picked up a "fleet" of 6 more on my cruise last week! How much Inspiration does one person need? :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I like him.. I just said it because the first poster mentioned him several times.

So much for my cute reply being humorous. I guess my humor is too dry for some to get.

I knew what you meant...

How about you know you're addicted to Cruise Critic when you understand Fire's jokes!!

(Apologies if someone already said it...am only on the first page of this thread).

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

More additions

... After your most recent cruise, you mark time by what you did on the cruise exactly a week ago. (Example: on Wednesday, I was in Roatan)

Or...if you are stuck at home because you couldn't afford the group cruise you wanted to take...each day of the week at work/on social media you tell people you should really be in Roatan, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, etc.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

When you're pi$$ed because somebody is taking your cabin when you get off and you are envious for the next week wondering what they are doing. Almost sounds like a broken romance. :p

I found over the past 4 weeks how addicted I really am. Being my 14th cruise you would think it would get easier. Now for the last 4 weeks I have been watching my ship leave FLL sailing away into the ocean.

The part that troubles me, I set my phone alarm to remind me that I NEED to do this at 4:00. <sigh>

another one:

... when people know they can start a conversation with you with, "So when's your next cruise?"

Out of the TONS of hilarious responses so far this one hits closest to home, & BTW I can relate to EVERY post so far lol!

I know i'm ADDICTED when most all my friends, co workers, family & even some of my clients start a convo. that way with "So when's your next cruise"

THEN after I respond I hear "didn't you just get back from a cruise"

I grin & say YUP!!!!!!!:o:p:eek::D:D:D

I forgot also one more than one occasion on a FUNSHIP I have a crewmember say "I remember you, you must cruise alot"!

** Im sitting here at work unpacked my lil blue Carnival blue vinal soft lunch box & drinking my coffee out of my Carnival Tervis! Hmm i think i need to start wearing my ship pins to work, oh jeeze!!!!

Edited by luv cruising 007

You come to work and find your co workers made a birthday cake that looks like this[ATTACH]270303[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]270304[/ATTACH]

Cute! Wish I had friends like that! My final payment is due on my birthday. Maybe I can ask for a ship cake too!

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app