Another Next Cruise Certificate Question

If I plan to cruise sometime next year with my DH, do I need to purchase 1 certificate or 2?

Also, if I can talk another couple into coming on the cruise, are they able to get the same OBC?

Thanks!

The answer to your first question is you have to purchase only one NCC. :)

Use to, you would get "friends and family' certificates and those came with the same OBC but I think those have been discontinued now and you actually have to purchase another NCC for your friends.

We just purchased two Open Bookings while on the Enchantment last weekend, and yes, they have changed the rules. As the previous poster stated, the friends and family rule has changed. The new rules are that friends/family do not get the benefits unless you buy an extra certificate that you can later transfer to them. So we decided to buy 2 certificates and use one for another couple to sail with us. We only put one name on each booking so that we only had to pay $100 each (since the money is non refundable if you buy an open booking.) We plan to add the second name to each booking only after we pick the sailing we want and who will be sailing with us. If you want to minimize the amount of non refundable dollars you have to outlay, be sure that the agent understands that you only want to pay $100 per booking. We wrote it on the form, but when the form was processed later, we were charged $200 per booking. I had to call RCCL to get it corrected after I got home from the cruise.

The new rules can be confusing, and there is a difference between buying an open booking, or picking a specific cruise. The way I understood it, if you actually pick your cruise date and ship while on board, then the money you pay is a refundable deposit (up until final payment.) If you are buying an Open Booking, then the money is not refundable. If you later apply the open booking to a specific cruise and then cancel that cruise, you lose the initial deposit. What I am not sure of is, after you apply your Open Booking to a sail date and ship, whether you can move the booking to a different date or ship. I am assuming they will still allow that, but I'd like to know if anyone else knows the answer.

We just purchased two Open Bookings while on the Enchantment last weekend, and yes, they have changed the rules. As the previous poster stated, the friends and family rule has changed. The new rules are that friends/family do not get the benefits unless you buy an extra certificate that you can later transfer to them. So we decided to buy 2 certificates and use one for another couple to sail with us. We only put one name on each booking so that we only had to pay $100 each (since the money is non refundable if you buy an open booking.) We plan to add the second name to each booking only after we pick the sailing we want and who will be sailing with us. If you want to minimize the amount of non refundable dollars you have to outlay, be sure that the agent understands that you only want to pay $100 per booking. We wrote it on the form, but when the form was processed later, we were charged $200 per booking. I had to call RCCL to get it corrected after I got home from the cruise.

The new rules can be confusing, and there is a difference between buying an open booking, or picking a specific cruise. The way I understood it, if you actually pick your cruise date and ship while on board, then the money you pay is a refundable deposit (up until final payment.) If you are buying an Open Booking, then the money is not refundable. If you later apply the open booking to a specific cruise and then cancel that cruise, you lose the initial deposit. What I am not sure of is, after you apply your Open Booking to a sail date and ship, whether you can move the booking to a different date or ship. I am assuming they will still allow that, but I'd like to know if anyone else knows the answer.

Yes, you are still allowed to change ship or sail date when using an open booking.

Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for. I will copy this info into my "cruise file".

You just always use the same booking number and never use the word "cancel" ;)

Archived