Galapagos 2016

NovCruisin

I know this is very far in advance, but when does the Galapagos 2016 open for booking? It looks like it only goes through 2015 now. Thanks!

(Also does anyone know how to get from the airport (GSP) to the cruise port?)

I know this is very far in advance, but when does the Galapagos 2016 open for booking? It looks like it only goes through 2015 now. Thanks!

(Also does anyone know how to get from the airport (GSP) to the cruise port?)

Hi there, on the Galapagos trip, there is no cruise port. I would say that a great majority of people doing this cruise take the 10 or 11 night package which includes time pre and post cruise in Quito, a chartered flight to Baltra and return, and transport from the Baltra airport to a jetty. You then take small zodiac rubber boats 10 people at a time to the actual ship. I am not sure how easy it is for people to take an independent flight to Baltra and try and meet up with the people on the packages and make their own way to the jetty, which was about a 10 or 15 minute drip away from the airport. Saying that I do know that people have said they have done the 7 day Galapagos cruise only. Have a look at the 'monster thread' under Xpedition on the roll call pages. You will find so much information and help there. It is a fantastic experience, we still talk about the amazing time we had in the Galapagos and also exploring Ecuador afterwards.

Hi there, on the Galapagos trip, there is no cruise port. I would say that a great majority of people doing this cruise take the 10 or 11 night package which includes time pre and post cruise in Quito, a chartered flight to Baltra and return, and transport from the Baltra airport to a jetty. You then take small zodiac rubber boats 10 people at a time to the actual ship. I am not sure how easy it is for people to take an independent flight to Baltra and try and meet up with the people on the packages and make their own way to the jetty, which was about a 10 or 15 minute drip away from the airport. Saying that I do know that people have said they have done the 7 day Galapagos cruise only. Have a look at the 'monster thread' under Xpedition on the roll call pages. You will find so much information and help there. It is a fantastic experience, we still talk about the amazing time we had in the Galapagos and also exploring Ecuador afterwards.

Thanks, good points and information.:D

We just returned from a 10 day trip which included two nights in Quito. Great adventure! My blog posts of our trip are running now with commentary and pictures: Galapagos Journal.

The trip is physically challenging so be prepared with good walking shoes, some shoes you can get wet, and plenty of sunblock. We lucked out on weather--little rain and a cooling breeze on most days. Take some motion sickness meds/bands. The waves roll the boat a lot. There was talk of stabilizers waiting on a part but I'm not sure even stabilizers would solve the problem entirely. Still--great trip!!

We just returned from a 10 day trip which included two nights in Quito. Great adventure! My blog posts of our trip are running now with commentary and pictures: Galapagos Journal.

The trip is physically challenging so be prepared with good walking shoes, some shoes you can get wet, and plenty of sunblock. We lucked out on weather--little rain and a cooling breeze on most days. Take some motion sickness meds/bands. The waves roll the boat a lot. There was talk of stabilizers waiting on a part but I'm not sure even stabilizers would solve the problem entirely. Still--great trip!!

Cool, thanks for the tips.:D

We did the Galapagos Xpedition cruise in 2010 .... One of best trips ever. Amazing.

We were one of the few that opted to do the 7 day cruise without the land package . We spent a week in Ecuador , staying at beautiful historic haciendas then we flew to Baltra the day before the cruise. We arranged our own flights from Quito (easy as pie) . We then spent the night at the Finch Bay Eco Resort , a fabulous hotel on the islands.

We then met with the group at the airport at the appointed time and were transported with the arriving group to the ship. Unforgettable!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hey MicCanberra - are you thinking of doing the Galapagos trip? It really is amazing, I would encourage anyone to go. After going all that way we made the most of it - after the Galapagos trip we spent 12 nights driving around Ecuador which is a fantastic country and so beautiful. Then stopped in at Costa Rica, went to Charleston and Minnesota in the US, stopped in Brussels for a week to explore our old stomping grounds, and then back home. We were away for 7 weeks in total, it was a fantastic trip.

Thanks everyone for the responses, looks like I should be keeping an eye out for new deployment schedules around April 2014 :)

Unfortunately work only allows that DH and I take off for a 7 day cruise, so we will be on our own trying to navigate around...but we are so far away that we will have PLENTY of time to plan :D

Hey MicCanberra - are you thinking of doing the Galapagos trip? It really is amazing, I would encourage anyone to go. After going all that way we made the most of it - after the Galapagos trip we spent 12 nights driving around Ecuador which is a fantastic country and so beautiful. Then stopped in at Costa Rica, went to Charleston and Minnesota in the US, stopped in Brussels for a week to explore our old stomping grounds, and then back home. We were away for 7 weeks in total, it was a fantastic trip.

We are actually flying to South America (SA) to cruise the Antarctic on the Infinity. We then are doing a tour of SA for 21 days that takes in Rio in Brazil, Buenos Aires in Argentina, The Iguazzu falls, Lima, Cuzco and Machu Pichu in Peru. We then go to the Galapagos Islands for a 4 day crusie (not Celebrity Xpedition) and a few days in Ecuador before returning. Also 7 weeks away, but we are really looking forward to this trip.:D

Thanks everyone for the responses, looks like I should be keeping an eye out for new deployment schedules around April 2014 :)

Unfortunately work only allows that DH and I take off for a 7 day cruise, so we will be on our own trying to navigate around...but we are so far away that we will have PLENTY of time to plan :D

Just a recommendation - I would highly advise flying to the Galapagos a day before , spending the night and boarding the next day.

If your flight gets delayed or cancelled , you don't have " wiggle room".

Aerogal's planes were very nice ... LAN also has a good product.

We are actually flying to South America (SA) to cruise the Antarctic on the Infinity. We then are doing a tour of SA for 21 days that takes in Rio in Brazil, Buenos Aires in Argentina, The Iguazzu falls, Lima, Cuzco and Machu Pichu in Peru. We then go to the Galapagos Islands for a 4 day crusie (not Celebrity Xpedition) and a few days in Ecuador before returning. Also 7 weeks away, but we are really looking forward to this trip.:D

What a wonderful SA adventure . I have done the Infinity Antarctica cruise and I live in Brazil , so would be happy to help if needed.

Sounds fantastic! We are looking at going back to the Galapagos in 2015 and visiting Machu Pichu then. Antarctic is also on our bucket list. So many places to visit!

What a wonderful SA adventure . I have done the Infinity Antarctica cruise and I live in Brazil , so would be happy to help if needed.

Thanks, perhaps a quick course in Spanish and Portuguese is needed.:D

Sounds fantastic! We are looking at going back to the Galapagos in 2015 and visiting Machu Pichu then. Antarctic is also on our bucket list. So many places to visit!

Yes, Mine is more like a Bin list.:D

Archived