Legend of the Seas- What do you know?

Hello everyone.

I don't know if there is a thread already for the Legend or not. So I am going to go for it.

We (my mom and I) are considering the Legend for March 2014. We are wondering what it will be like for shows, food, and overall age group. Since this ship is older than any I have previously travelled on, will I be disappointed and/or bored? Also, because it's older, is it more of a beginners cruise rather than an experienced cruisers cruise? So many questions, so little time. Any help with be appreciated!

Thanks.

Hello everyone.

I don't know if there is a thread already for the Legend or not. So I am going to go for it.

We (my mom and I) are considering the Legend for March 2014. We are wondering what it will be like for shows, food, and overall age group. Since this ship is older than any I have previously travelled on, will I be disappointed and/or bored? Also, because it's older, is it more of a beginners cruise rather than an experienced cruisers cruise? So many questions, so little time. Any help with be appreciated!

Thanks.

A number of reviews have been done, including mine - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1813495

Also, more pictures of the revitalized Legend can be found here - https://www.facebook.com/SingaporeCruising

Hello everyone.

Thanks.

IMHO, I would view a beginners cruise as a short cruise and inexpensive one. I equate beginner to length of cruise and not which ship. I'm on an 11 night Legend in December and I wouldn't think many beginners will be on such long cruise.

A number of reviews have been done, including mine - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1813495

Also, more pictures of the revitalized Legend can be found here - https://www.facebook.com/SingaporeCruising

Ok, I'll take a look. Thanks.

IMHO, I would view a beginners cruise as a short cruise and inexpensive one. I equate beginner to length of cruise and not which ship. I'm on an 11 night Legend in December and I wouldn't think many beginners will be on such long cruise.

OK. By the time March 2014 rolls around I will have 3 cruises under my belt. I figured that. Thanks.

The shows will be the standard rci production shows, except for the wire act in the Centrum. You could luck into a great headliner show or not.

The food is the standard food served on all rci ships

The longer cruises attract an older crowd, less families with children

The Legend is a classic cruise ship, beautiful, and rci's most traveled ship

I have no idea if you will be bored. we love all the rci ships and have never been bored on any of them. I would guess if you are on a longer cruise you would have to like lazy sea days. the southern route on legend is a great cruise with very good ports.

The legend has added specialty restaurants now.

The shows will be the standard rci production shows, except for the wire act in the Centrum. You could luck into a great headliner show or not.

The food is the standard food served on all rci ships

The longer cruises attract an older crowd, less families with children

The Legend is a classic cruise ship, beautiful, and rci's most traveled ship

I have no idea if you will be bored. we love all the rci ships and have never been bored on any of them. I would guess if you are on a longer cruise you would have to like lazy sea days. the southern route on legend is a great cruise with very good ports.

The legend has added specialty restaurants now.

Ok. We will know what RCI is like after August when we are on the Freedom. Lazy sea days are nice.

I also reviewed my experience on the repositioning. Ship looks great after recent refurbishment.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1835522&highlight=legend+of+the+seas+repositioning

Thanks. I will look into it.

Archived