Summit vs Jewel of Seas

gdoyle

Help us pick between........

Summit (St Thomas, St Croix, St Kitts, Grenada, Dominica)

Jewel of Seas (St Thomas, St Croix, St. Lucia, Martinique, Antigua)

Same price for balcony cabin. We are Elite status Celebrity and have never been on RC cruise. Would we be disappointed?

Doubt you would be disappointed. I think the Jewel is a little nicer ship and the ports are roughly equivalent. And you know what they say about variety.

I like the radiance class ships better than I liked the summit. I would go on the jewel.

We were looking at the same choices and although we loved the Jewel of the Seas and from what I read it is a prettier ship, the 123promo gave us the beverage plan on the Summit so that was the deciding factor.

Looking forward to trying some fancy drinks I wouldn't have splurged on.

Is this your first cruise? Have you sailed on either cruise lines? Compare dates. When I pick a cruise, dates are the first priority. Ship is second...including price and cabin location,etc. Convenience of getting to and from the embarkation/debarkation. If you need to spend a long time getting to the ship, it may not be a good choice. Ports are third. Once in a while I will pick a cruise that visits a port that I would like to see. It is not my primary reason. I have had ships skip ports. If a port is your main reason to sail, then just go to that port. My favorite Caribbean port is St. Martin. I have flown in and stayed there more than 25 times. Last year, I also took a cruise that left from there. For me, it was the best of everything. I have also selected cruises that started or ended at a European port where I wanted to stay. Last fall I sailed on the Silhouette from Venice. Flew in, stayed, and then sailed. Think about what fits you. Either ship will be nice. I like the Summit. After the renovations, it is very nice. Read the reviews.

I have been on both ships (summit before and after the renovations) and loved them both equally. I would pick Jewel since i like those ports a little better. my opinion.

If you are Elite on Celebrity you would be Diamond or Diamond Plus on Royal. Make sure if you go on Jewel (beautiful ship) that you call Royal and get a Crown and Anchor number to apply to your booking and then you get the benefits of Diamond or D Plus

They would be Diamond on RCI.

Help us pick between........

Summit (St Thomas, St Croix, St Kitts, Grenada, Dominica)

Jewel of Seas (St Thomas, St Croix, St. Lucia, Martinique, Antigua)

Same price for balcony cabin. We are Elite status Celebrity and have never been on RC cruise. Would we be disappointed?

Wow. That's a toss up. I really don't know which one to recommend. I would rate both ships and itineraries even.

I guess if I had to choose for you, it would be JOS just for trying something new.

We were looking at the same choices and although we loved the Jewel of the Seas and from what I read it is a prettier ship, the 123promo gave us the beverage plan on the Summit so that was the deciding factor.

Looking forward to trying some fancy drinks I wouldn't have splurged on.

The 123 promo sure does seem to be the thing nowadays. We didn't know about it, but ended up receiving it. Now to see about upgrading the package for a little more $$.

I kept hearing about the "ugliness" of the Summit, but aside from the color scheme and that aft, the pool deck pictures remind me of the RCL Voyager class ships. The biggest downside to me will be having to deal with shower curtains for the first time on a cruise ship. I guess that is why they make potato chip bag clips. Too many ports to worry about anything else though.

Archived