Skagway Arctic Grayling Fishing Guide?

epaul78

Does anyone have a recommendation for a half-day guide service for Arctic Grayling fishing?

I'm looking for July 15th near Skagway. Have a rental car, so maybe a guide service out of Carcross-area? I'd welcome suggestions!

Maybe you know better than I but grayling is not the most sought after fish in Alaska most guides go for Salmon or in the ocean halibut .If the others are out of season perhaps they would target grayling .July is still the king salmon season or silvers.

No need for a guide (which is good because there aren't any) - Arctic grayling fishing is good right from the footbridge in Carcross. Out-of-territory fishing licenses can be purchased at the Carcross gas station. I LOVE little Arctic grayling in the frying pan for breakfast!

Maybe you know better than I but grayling is not the most sought after fish in Alaska most guides go for Salmon or in the ocean halibut .If the others are out of season perhaps they would target grayling .July is still the king salmon season or silvers.

??? Lots of us up here fish for grayling.

This would be a catch and "release", I am assuming? Purchasing cheap fishing poles would be available at Walmart, in Juneau or Ketchikan. Not sure where you would get them in Carcross?

This would be a catch and "release", I am assuming? Purchasing cheap fishing poles would be available at Walmart, in Juneau or Ketchikan. Not sure where you would get them in Carcross?

Or you could cook 'em up on a campfire on the way back if there's no fire danger. I have a little collapsible fishing rod (available almost anywhere except Carcross :D ) that's perfect for little fish like grayling.

We're not flying, so no reason we couldn't bring our own gear - might have to carry it around until the staterooms are ready, though. It would be catch and release, we've gone for King and Sockeye before but haven't caught Grayling. I thought some mountain lake or stream fishing might be fun, but not knowing where to go, I don't want to spend the whole day frustrated, and thought a guide might be simpler.

??? Lots of us up here fish for grayling.

I hear you but I was talking about guides. By the way about a month ago I heard an ad for a high end restaurant in Phila. offering grayling , maybe it is the next big thing.

Archived