Does tour operator know something I don't?

I am on the NCL Jewel out of New Orleans Dec. 8th.

According to NCL, we dock in Cozumel on December 10th.

I am trying to book a private tour, and the operator sent me an invoice with a note "I checked and the Jewel is docking here on the 11th, so I changed your date."

She didn't say where she gets her information from (can't imagine it is straight from the port, but maybe it is?) but the couple online sites that show all the ships in different ports all seem to say the Jewel is in Cozumel on the 10th.

Should I assume this is just her reading the schedule wrong? Or does this operator know something I don't know?

Can any of the super knowledgeable cruisers help me figure out what date the Jewel is in Cozumel for sure?

There isn't any history of them not going to Cozumel first on this itinerary is there? I know occasionally cruises get flip flopped, but I can't imagine how it would make sense to do that for this one. (My experience on the Carnival boards is the passengers tend to be the last to know any changes, so I wanted to check before I had the operator change the date.)

I believe your tour operator is misreading the schedule. Click here to see the cruise ship calendar for Cozumel for all of 2013... http://www.cruiseportinsider.com/cozumelschedule2013.html#.UYevaCtUPfg

Yeah, I saw that and another link already that have Jewel on the 10th.

My husband thought maybe she was looking at 2012, because if the ships were the same runs it would be there on the 11th...

I am on the NCL Jewel out of New Orleans Dec. 8th.

According to NCL, we dock in Cozumel on December 10th.

I am trying to book a private tour, and the operator sent me an invoice with a note "I checked and the Jewel is docking here on the 11th, so I changed your date."

She didn't say where she gets her information from (can't imagine it is straight from the port, but maybe it is?) but the couple online sites that show all the ships in different ports all seem to say the Jewel is in Cozumel on the 10th.

Should I assume this is just her reading the schedule wrong? Or does this operator know something I don't know?

Can any of the super knowledgeable cruisers help me figure out what date the Jewel is in Cozumel for sure?

I assume you have written her back and pointed out the difference in dates, yes?

I assume you have written her back and pointed out the difference in dates, yes?

Yeah, I told her to resend the invoice with the 10th, the original date I had asked for.

(It wasn't so much pointed out the difference, as she pointed out to me that she had a different date than I did. So it wasn't a typo- she believed I was wrong to request the 10th based on whatever schedule she looked at.)

There isn't any history of them not going to Cozumel first on this itinerary is there? I know occasionally cruises get flip flopped, but I can't imagine how it would make sense to do that for this one. (My experience on the Carnival boards is the passengers tend to be the last to know any changes, so I wanted to check before I had the operator change the date.)

In 2011 they swapped our Cozumel and Costa Maya stop...We were scheduled to do Costa Maya first and Cozumel last day, but because there were going to be so many ships in Cozumel that day, they switched them...the excursion operators that I booked through didnt have a problem with the switch, we just did them on the day we were there...

In 2011 they swapped our Cozumel and Costa Maya stop...We were scheduled to do Costa Maya first and Cozumel last day, but because there were going to be so many ships in Cozumel that day, they switched them...the excursion operators that I booked through didnt have a problem with the switch, we just did them on the day we were there...

My payment does have a 'refund if the NCL Jewel does not dock on Dec. 10" written on it, but based on how she fills up, and often with land based vacationers, while I'd check to see if she can still take us, I'd bet we are SOL. Luckily we have alternate plans.

Thanks for letting me know it is possible. There are only 5, I think, ships in port that day though, and we are the only NCL one.

Archived