Countdown to Anthem of the Seas

While the most recent information and speculation has been mostly surrounding Quantum of the Seas...

The Launch of Anthem of the Seas will come reasonably soon afterward in 2015.

A significant differentiator is that Anthem could very well have a different home port than it's twin.

Remember where you heard this first ---

One of my key contacts indicated to me this past week that one of the Oasis ships will end up being moved from Ft. Lauderdale to a new home port, and Anthem likely take it's place in that home port location.

Since Anthem will be launched after Quantum...all the operational kinks should be worked out for this new-class ship. Competitive pricing will also likely be fine-tuned by this time.

Last but not least...the 2 ships likely could reflect different itineraries since they would be based from different home ports - something already known as part of the Quantum class ship intent (there will be different-number of day itineraries offered).

This would help Royal Caribbean address the need for multiple configurations of days offered for itineraries, and also satisfy the needs of those who are not fond of the Cape Liberty home port for Quantum.

More to come...

I wish Oasis would come to Port Canaveral and Anthem take its place in Ft Lauderdale. By then hopefully Oasis prices would be more in line for me. I dont know where they would send Freedom but they could find a year around home for her.

I have no "inside source" I know nothing nor havent even heard any rumors but I would almost be willing to bet that Florida gets one of these new ships.

Personally, I think Anthem of the Seas will be home ported in Fort Lauderdale, but only for about 5 months of the year. I think it will take over the itineraries of Independence of the Seas. It will home port in the UK from early April through early November, but will winter in Fort Lauderdale.

I'll bet you the Anthem doesn't go to Florida either...... I'll agree that it will not go to Bayonne as the Quantum did.

Actually...Florida is most likely.

I wish Oasis would come to Port Canaveral and Anthem take its place in Ft Lauderdale. By then hopefully Oasis prices would be more in line for me. I dont know where they would send Freedom but they could find a year around home for her.

I have no "inside source" I know nothing nor havent even heard any rumors but I would almost be willing to bet that Florida gets one of these new ships.

Amazing. You're pretty much on target on both accounts.

With Oasis likely going to Port Canaveral....it would open the terminal to Anthem on Saturday departures. Freedom/Independence could stay put in their current pier locations in Ft. Lauderdale as well.

I can't remember where I put my car keys yesterday and you want me to remember who said what about where a ship might go 2 years from now? :p

It's likely less than 2 years (April 2015 is the current target, subject to change).

BTW - If you always keep your car keys in the same place...you'll always find them.

This reeks of guessing based on the 3rd ship in PC announcement in the FL papers, the building style of the new ships, the building of Oasis III, and the easy association of putting Anthem in a cooler port at least part of the year and part of the year in a warm port.

Not saying you don't have some SUPER SEEKRIT SOURCE but I'm pretty sure any assistant waiter, housekeeper, or bartender in the fleet could see the logical connections and at least say this is possible.

However... you can have all the wonderful spoils that go with an internet victory such as this! I hope you become rich and powerful beyond your wildest dreams now! :)

While the most recent information and speculation has been mostly surrounding Quantum of the Seas...

The Launch of Anthem of the Seas will come reasonably soon afterward in 2015.

A significant differentiator is that Anthem could very well have a different home port than it's twin.

Remember where you heard this first ---

One of my key contacts indicated to me this past week that one of the Oasis ships will end up being moved from Ft. Lauderdale to a new home port, and Anthem likely take it's place in that home port location.

Since Anthem will be launched after Quantum...all the operational kinks should be worked out for this new-class ship. Competitive pricing will also likely be fine-tuned by this time.

Last but not least...the 2 ships likely could reflect different itineraries since they would be based from different home ports - something already known as part of the Quantum class ship intent (there will be different-number of day itineraries offered).

This would help Royal Caribbean address the need for multiple configurations of days offered for itineraries, and also satisfy the needs of those who are not fond of the Cape Liberty home port for Quantum.

More to come...

***************************************************************************************

I would guess that your "Key Inside" contacts were wrong on the QOS ???

February 16th, 2013, 03:15 PM

CRUISEFAN0001

Cool Cruiser

Quote:

Originally Posted by roe2ship

If Quantum or Anthem comes to Bayonne a balcony stateroom will easily be around the 1500-2000 range….no doubt about that.

The whole NJ Port thing is one person's rumor...nothing more. It was based on hearsay information 2nd hand, and could just as easily be totally wrong.

Based on the size of the ship from early information (larger than Liberty but smaller than Oasis...it'll take a big terminal to service it in a port, and even destination ports will need to be able to handle a larger ship of that size.

That could mean Ft. Lauderdale, San Juan, or other home port. San Juan, for example, is already know to be expanding it's harbor and terminal facilities to accept the 3rd Oasis ship being built as a destination port.

There simply are very few facts about Quantum (or Anthem) at this time.

As for getting some facts...Quantum will have St. Maarten as one of its destination ports...starting in January 2015.

Why would one assume that?

Because there is documentation to support it (below)...note the 3rd listing for 1/29/15.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by CRUISEFAN0001; February 16th, 2013 at 03:16 PM.

This reeks of guessing based on the 3rd ship in PC announcement in the FL papers, the building style of the new ships, the building of Oasis III, and the easy association of putting Anthem in a cooler port at least part of the year and part of the year in a warm port.

Not saying you don't have some SUPER SEEKRIT SOURCE but I'm pretty sure any assistant waiter, housekeeper, or bartender in the fleet could see the logical connections and at least say this is possible.

However... you can have all the wonderful spoils that go with an internet victory such as this! I hope you become rich and powerful beyond your wildest dreams now! :)

Well the "key contacts" were completely wrong about the Quantum's homeport.

Actually...Florida is most likely.

Amazing. You're pretty much on target on both accounts.

With Oasis likely going to Port Canaveral....it would open the terminal to Anthem on Saturday departures. Freedom/Independence could stay put in their current pier locations in Ft. Lauderdale as well.

You said that about the Quantum and we know how that turned out. I'll bet that the Anthem goes to Europe, specifically England. I'll agree with the possibility of an Oasis Class ship going to Port Canaveral once the 3rd one is built and the port completes the upgrades that are underway.

***************************************************************************************

I would guess that your "Key Inside" contacts were wrong on the QOS ???

ROTFLMAO !!!!

Well you know if you repeat a rumor just oftne enough it will be right sometime;)

I use such "key contacts":rolleyes: at my work place. If I need some Information rumor to be spread there´s a few "key contacts" I use and tell them the big secret that nobody is allowed to know just yet. Then it´s time to start the timer and wait for the secret to come back to me :p Usually doesn´t take very Long.:D

ROTFLMAO !!!!

Well you know if you repeat a rumor just oftne enough it will be right sometime;)

I use such "key contacts":rolleyes: at my work place. If I need some Information rumor to be spread there´s a few "key contacts" I use and tell them the big secret that nobody is allowed to know just yet. Then it´s time to start the timer and wait for the secret to come back to me :p Usually doesn´t take very Long.:D

How often do the rumors you start resemble the rumors you hear by the time they get back to you?

Well the "key contacts" were completely wrong about the Quantum's homeport.

Actually not.

They got the ships reversed in terms of home ports.

Anthem will be in Florida....thank goodness.

Even though I don't live in Florida...I can appreciate the fact that it makes oh so much more sense to port there.

By the way....the only reason Bayonne got either ship was to have a compeititve ship there to the new Norwegian ship. Otherwise, it would not have been in the running.

There are also lingering financial issues about the Bayonne terminal enhancment project....so its not imposssible that Quantum could be moved out some time in 2015 if they don't complete the commitment to do the work on that port.

Actually not.

They got the ships reversed in terms of home ports.

Anthem will be in Florida....thank goodness.

Even though I don't live in Florida...I can appreciate the fact that it makes oh so much more sense to port there.

By the way....the only reason Bayonne got either ship was to have a compeititve ship there to the new Norwegian ship. Otherwise, it would not have been in the running.

There are also lingering financial issues about the Bayonne terminal enhancment project....so its not imposssible that Quantum could be moved out some time in 2015 if they don't complete the commitment to do the work on that port.

Please advise of the "Lingering" financial issues at Cape Liberty ?? I Have Business acquintances at this port for the past 5 years. It's obvious that you have a Credibility issue on almost all of your posts !!!!

Please advise of the "Lingering" financial issues at Cape Liberty ?? I Have Business acquintances at this port for the past 5 years. It's obvious that you have a Credibility issue on almost all of your posts !!!!

Apparently you missed the fact that the State of New Jersey turned down some of the funding for the upgrades in the latest budget. It's only public record though...so easy to miss for some folks. :rolleyes:

It's likely less than 2 years (April 2015 is the current target, subject to change).

BTW - If you always keep your car keys in the same place...you'll always find them.

If I always kept my keys in the same place they would have to stay in the car's ignition switch.

I did find them though. One of the cats took them and chewed up the RCI key chain.:eek:

Why would they build a ship for colder climates and then put it in Florida? It just doesn't make sense to me. I think it will be going to England and will cruise year round out of there.

Archived