Countdown to Anthem of the Seas

Apparently you missed the fact that the State of New Jersey turned down some of the funding for the upgrades in the latest budget. It's only public record though...so easy to miss for some folks. :rolleyes:

If its a public record, provide a link ?????

Actually not.

They got the ships reversed in terms of home ports.

Anthem will be in Florida....thank goodness.

Even though I don't live in Florida...I can appreciate the fact that it makes oh so much more sense to port there.

By the way....the only reason Bayonne got either ship was to have a compeititve ship there to the new Norwegian ship. Otherwise, it would not have been in the running.

There are also lingering financial issues about the Bayonne terminal enhancment project....so its not imposssible that Quantum could be moved out some time in 2015 if they don't complete the commitment to do the work on that port.

At least you are admitting that yourself and your "key contact" we're wrong about the Quantum.

Quite a few people here tried to tell you that the placement of Quantum in Bayonne was to directly compete with NCL's brand new ship Breakaway sailing from New York. You failed to believe that and continued to try and prove why the Quantum would be home ported in Florida.

Why would they build a ship for colder climates and then put it in Florida? It just doesn't make sense to me. I think it will be going to England and will cruise year round out of there.

Well, the last ships RCI built for cold climates were the 4 Radiance class ships. Not a single one of those 4 ships sails year-round in cold climates.

One sails Southern Caribbean cruises year round out of Puerto Rico

One sails Caribbean cruises out of Florida in the Winter

One sails Caribbean cruises out of New Orleans in the Winter

One sails Australia and New Zealand cruises during Winter in the Northern Hemisphere

Why would they build a ship for colder climates and then put it in Florida? It just doesn't make sense to me. I think it will be going to England and will cruise year round out of there.

Interesting. One of the chief criteria for the ships is to be able to cruise in colder climes. I say she will be in Southampton.

Quantum is built for colder climates but it has a Southern itinerary?

The colder climate is the US Northeast. Right now the Explorer sails from there and in the winter time it might be 2 days before you can use the pools and outdoor activities. Quantum will have more indoor features to keep cruiser's happy until reaching warmer climate's

My secret C&A source told me it won't Wichita.

They told me the same thing about Quantum and were spot on..

It sounds like I really need to find my own "key contact/secret source" as I must be missing out on a ton of salacious information...

The good people of Mobile, AL are keeping their fingers crossed for Anthem to be based there (after Carnival left them high and dry).

Stay tuned for the announcement! :D

The good people of Mobile, AL are keeping their fingers crossed for Anthem to be based there (after Carnival left them high and dry).

I hear it is a 2 horse race at this point.

The good folks of Mobile, AL will be fighting with the good folks in Norfolk, VA.

I thought Carnival was going to give Mobile the Triumph and be rid of it.

While the most recent information and speculation has been mostly surrounding Quantum of the Seas...

The Launch of Anthem of the Seas will come reasonably soon afterward in 2015.

A significant differentiator is that Anthem could very well have a different home port than it's twin.

Remember where you heard this first ---

One of my key contacts indicated to me this past week that one of the Oasis ships will end up being moved from Ft. Lauderdale to a new home port, and Anthem likely take it's place in that home port location.

Since Anthem will be launched after Quantum...all the operational kinks should be worked out for this new-class ship. Competitive pricing will also likely be fine-tuned by this time.

Last but not least...the 2 ships likely could reflect different itineraries since they would be based from different home ports - something already known as part of the Quantum class ship intent (there will be different-number of day itineraries offered).

This would help Royal Caribbean address the need for multiple configurations of days offered for itineraries, and also satisfy the needs of those who are not fond of the Cape Liberty home port for Quantum.

More to come...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

February 17th, 2013, 08:06 AM

CRUISEFAN0001

Cool Cruiser Join Date: May 2012

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Host Elizanessie

Mike, this post may be of help -

Some of that information is dated and already shown to be inaccurate.

The Quantum class ships (formerly Project Sunshine) will be several hundreds passengers larger than the Freedom Class but smaller than the Oasis class ships. There are only 5 ports in the U.S. range that can currently support a ship of that size and 4 of them are not in New Jersey.

Best guess is still Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, or San Juan (they are enlarging that port anyway to support Oasis ships starting in late 2014).

There have also been some discussions about a new destination port for Royal Carribean in South America.

Remember...this is a WOW series.

While the most recent information and speculation has been mostly surrounding Quantum of the Seas...

The Launch of Anthem of the Seas will come reasonably soon afterward in 2015.

A significant differentiator is that Anthem could very well have a different home port than it's twin.

Remember where you heard this first ---

One of my key contacts indicated to me this past week that one of the Oasis ships will end up being moved from Ft. Lauderdale to a new home port, and Anthem likely take it's place in that home port location.

Since Anthem will be launched after Quantum...all the operational kinks should be worked out for this new-class ship. Competitive pricing will also likely be fine-tuned by this time.

Last but not least...the 2 ships likely could reflect different itineraries since they would be based from different home ports - something already known as part of the Quantum class ship intent (there will be different-number of day itineraries offered).

This would help Royal Caribbean address the need for multiple configurations of days offered for itineraries, and also satisfy the needs of those who are not fond of the Cape Liberty home port for Quantum.

More to come...

#############################################################

March 5th, 2013, 06:14 AM

CRUISEFAN0001

Cool Cruiser Join Date: May 2012

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nvtitan24

If you read their press releases about the ships, there is no mention of what you speak of. I suspect people are hearing this through the rumor mill and running with it and/or taking it as truth.

That's absolutely the case....much of it is just rumor.

Having just been in San Juan on Adventure this past week...we also were told that all the construction there in the harbor was to accommodate stops for Oasis and other "new large RCCL ships". What does that mean? It could mean a number of things.

We were also told via several RCCL e-mails that the new Quantum ships were named "Sunshine Class" based on their "new, different, and expanded access to the warm sunny feeling on a cruise" - not anything necessarily tied to handling bad weather.

The other dynamic happening is that there have been multiple announcements (including one in Brazil) the past few days about the desire for RCCL to port somewhere in that country...and that construction was seen in 2 ports there to accommodate large ships. That also makes the known information about St. Maarten further substantiate destinations further South as well.

Finally...several existing Caribbean ports have started upgrade and expansion projects on their ports - some of which include support for larger ships.

RCCL also has several ships coming up in the next 12 months for dry dock refurbishes to add features and modernize them.

All this activity, along with the addition of another Oasis ship and 2 Sunshine ships in the next 18 months or so lends itself to some itinerary changes, shifts in ship destinations, and new destinations.

It's reasonable to assume that with all those adjustments, Quantum and Anthem will be a part of a bigger set of changes to come.

(You were "Spot On" with this statement !!!)

With many millions of dollars at stake and a fragile cruise industry, it's also reasonable to assume that RCCL has done and will continue to do plenty of marketing homework about the impact of specific ports, weather, and other factors that could impact revenue and cabin sale success.

Someone on here is going to have their second hissy fit when the Anthem is announced. They're going to be very disappointed. ;) I am just going to sit back and watch it unfold. LOL.......

Get the popcorn, I will get the drinks !! I think we all got the hint that everything should just go to Florida.... Haha

Screw the northerners !!!

I hear it is a 2 horse race at this point.

The good folks of Mobile, AL will be fighting with the good folks in Norfolk, VA.

I'm holding out hope that there might just be a chance even if it is only .00000000001% of 1% that the 3rd Oasis Class ship will come to Norfolk, Va. If that does not happen I'm sure we would settle for the Anthem of the Seas instead!!!! ;)

One of the posts here - only one- has the Anthem/Oasis movements right.

I did not name specific ports for both....so you can all have fun figuring out which post it was...and the skeptics can continue their retorts, only to be proven wrong.

Archived