UK cruisers - How do you get any OBC?

We have booked with RCI direct at the Cruise Shows.......they are very keen to get your bookings there. What with every other cruise line competing for your business!

It means a trip to a convention centre but is a good day out!

[quote name='Yorkshire-Pudding']Thank you for all your comments which have been insightful and the tips and guidance. I can certainly see that going to a cruise fair would require the companies to up their game with all that choice in one place and it does seem a good option to pursue.[/quote]

It's certainly worth a look at the Cruise Shows if you can, not something I have considered.

Also as others have said... check out RCI directly, US agents as well as UK agents to find the best all round deals.

May I give thanks to villauk and Elizanessie for their posts.
I've now booked our next cruise via a US agent with OBC.

Will hopefully buy the next NCC whilst onboard in USD. I figure that as I paid for the cruise in USD the NCC should be in USD and tied to the US agent as is the case with the GBP ones.

[quote name='icsys']It's certainly worth a look at the Cruise Shows if you can, not something I have considered.

Also as others have said... check out RCI directly, US agents as well as UK agents to find the best all round deals.

May I give thanks to villauk and Elizanessie for their posts.
I've now booked our next cruise via a US agent with OBC.

Will hopefully buy the next NCC whilst onboard in USD. I figure that as I paid for the cruise in USD the NCC should be in USD and [COLOR=Red]tied to the US agent[/COLOR] as is the case with the GBP ones.[/quote]
Yes, this is the case when you purchase an NCC now. In fact, you have to jump through hoops to get an NCC that is not tied to the agent who you used on the current cruise.

[quote name='Elizanessie']I have UK Critters that buy US NCCs all the time so they can book with our US TA ..no problem whatsoever with buying them in US dollars.

Just make sure you tell the LA onboard that you wish to buy a [B]US NCC[/B] and then you pay the $100...make doubly sure the LA has the NCC with RCCL in the US.

When you are ready to turn the NCC into an actual booking you can transfer it to your US TA and book your cruise...no further deposit required....you can though, add a second person to the booking and pay $100 deposit for them.[/quote]
Elizanessie,
What is NCC?
Will you please email me with details of the TA you use in USA. We are thinking of booking another cruise next year round the Caribbean. Our email is [email]ae664@talktalk.net[/email]. We live in England and have a good TA but are willing to change if we can get a better deal.

[quote name='woldig120']Elizanessie,
[COLOR=Red]What is NCC?[/COLOR]
Will you please email me with details of the TA you use in USA. We are thinking of booking another cruise next year round the Caribbean. Our email is [EMAIL="ae664@talktalk.net"]ae664@talktalk.net[/EMAIL]. We live in England and have a good TA but are willing to change if we can get a better deal.[/quote]
NCC means Next Cruise Certificate. It is an open booking, not assigned to a specific ship or sail date. It allows you to get the benefits of booking a cruise on board (on board credit and reduced deposit) without having to pick a specific cruise when you purchase the NCC. The cost is $100 per person and that $100 becomes your deposit when you pick a specific cruise. NCC's do not expire, nor are they refundable.

• 2 months later...
[quote name='villauk']....
Whilst on Oasis in August, I'm going to try and book onboard for our next cruise, and then transfer the booking to a US TA (something I've not done previously, only having booked direct with US TAs, not through RCI. Hopefully, RCI will allow this transfer.......Ticktoneer assures me it's possible..lol :D).[/quote]

Hi villauk.

I see you are off on your Oasis cruise tomorrow. Enjoy
Be sure to let us know how you get on buying the $NCC ;)

Archived