Noordam laundry & suite amenities package prices

the frames

I too am spoiled by Princess on doing my own (choosing the temperature, detergent & whether to "hang to dry" to prevent shrinkage). I see some of you would rather have the ship do it and are pleased with the results. How do you work with your wardrobe & ship laundry to make this happen? I do not own pants that I can wash & then dry in a dryer. Right now we have made "almost" B2B reservations for Jan '14. The hotel stay in btx will include us doing some laundry, but I'm open for ideas. Thanks!

-Rose

I try to only pack clothes that can be washed & dryed & aren't delicate. So I might be leaving my favorite sweater or blouse at home-- but I would much prefer to not have it with me & have something I dont have to worry about being laundered....

I do bring evening wear- and that just doesnt get sent to laundry- did send to dry cleaning or just took home to dry clean. With the kids it is fantastic to bring bathing suits, shore excursion days-- rainy days, hiking on shore, etc- just bring them back & send them to be laundered

Ah, I see your problem. So far I have been happy with TravelSmith, but there is always a first time. (Maybe that is why my jeans no longer fit! - lol) I have also bought dress slacks, like Ponte knits, from Coldwater Creek and have washed and machine-dryed them numerous times with no problems. Have you ever tried them?

I live in Spokane & have a number of clothing items from Coldwater Creek (Sandpoint, ID is less than 2 hrs away). Wonderful clothes! :) I also love Chico clothes. In fact, my hubby in his effort to be helpful has shrunk an $85 pair of Chico jeans in the dryer for me! :eek:

I have learned over the years (just celebrated my 61st birthday) that most capri, pants, slacks shrink in length - especially in the waist to crotch area. Wish they would shrink in the width instead since I suffer from gaposis at the waist in the back. :rolleyes: I got tired of experimenting & shrinking my pants, slacks, jeans & capris and just focused on getting something that fits my weird body shape. Then wash in cold & "hang/lay flat to dry". Less expensive & frustrating.

Anyway, the "bottoms" (pants, capris, slacks, jeans) are just one type of item to be laundered. The rest of the items & hubby's stuff should be ok to send. I'll just think some more on how to work out my pants problem. What's really weird is none of my shorts do this. I think it's because shorts are more "generous" in the waist to crotch area? :confused:

-Rose

I know I probably shouldn't be admitting this, but I have always taken an extra stretchy laundry line, inflatable hangers, and some clothes peg hangers, and soap powder and I wash everything by hand every few days and just fill up the bathroom with my dripping wash (broke my wrist and so don't yet have much strength in my left hand - if something is really soaking, I roll it up in a bath towel and stomp on it!) I will be very happy to be in a Neptune suite this next cruise, and then - 4 stars, and free laundry!:D Oh, happy life. This last cruise I sent 2 blouses to the ship's laundry because they needed ironing - $7.00, I think. They came back just fine, except I didn't notice the little laundry tag was ironed on to the front of one of them!

Yes, Vict0riann, that is one idea for washing capris. I have done this for hubby's running shorts and our underwear. I guess we need to get over that feeling of being "gouged" :( that we felt when we send a small bag of underwear, socks & a T-shirt (6 items!) when we were on the Millie and got charged $16 :eek: At the most, it would have cost us $6 to do it ourselves on a Princess ship!

-Rose

This will be me next cruise. Saving the $6,000 and going with an OV but I am going to get either the Suite amenities package or the laundry separately. Going on a cruise Tour afterwards and definitely will be worth it for me & the 3 kids!

As we are going on Eurodam in Oct. with a VA suite was wondering how much the suite amenities was and what was included with it. Thanks likely someone will know as you all seem to be right on top of things concerning Holland America...:):)

As we are going on Eurodam in Oct. with a VA suite was wondering how much the suite amenities was and what was included with it. Thanks likely someone will know as you all seem to be right on top of things concerning Holland America...:):)

Suite Amenities Package, Single, 7-10 days $289

With a Suite Amenities Package, you'll receive in-suite beverages upon embarkation with two bottles of wine of your choice, and two bottles of your favorite liquor. In addition you'll enjoy a $50 beverage card, a monogrammed bathrobe to relax, fresh cut flowers, complimentary laundry and pressing*, a daily high tea or cold canapés delivered to your stateroom, and an elegant dinner at the Pinnacle Grill. This package includes special disembarkation privileges, enjoy a relaxing breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill before leaving the ship at your leisure. Pinnacle Grill dinner reservations to be made by the guest on board. A 15% service charge is included in the price of the item.

• 3 years later...
Is anyone able to provide laundry pricing for the Noordam now? Both suite and NON suite prices.....

Thanks for any help.

Neptune and Pinnacle suites get free laundry; that's one of the perks of a NS/Pinnacle. Other suites, like Vista suites pay the same as other staterooms: $7/day times the length of the cruise for unlimited laundry; $9/day if cruising in Europe.

By the bag option is $20 or $30 if in Europe (cost might have changed since my last cruise five months ago).

There is also the option to pay for each item separately; this is the most expensive option.

If one happens to be a 4 or 5 Star Mariner, then one gets free laundry regardless of cabin category.