What is the most unusual thing that you pack?

We have a friend that has traveled with us on a CCL cruise and she always packs duct-tape. She said no matter what breaks duct-tape can fix it.

I would like to know what is the most unusal thing that you or you have seen packed before.

We have a friend that has traveled with us on a CCL cruise and she always packs duct-tape. She said no matter what breaks duct-tape can fix it.

I would like to know what is the most unusal thing that you or you have seen packed before.

I don't travel anywhere with out duct tape. (small amount) I can't begin to count all the things we have used it for! :)

I personally don't find it unusual, but other people do for some reason. I always pack regular full size pump bottles of liquid hand soap and hand sanitizer. Not just on cruises, but for regular hotel vacations too. They are the first things out of my bag and onto the bathroom counter and the last things packed away when its time to go. I have been accused of being a germaphobe :confused:

I pack(my three weird things) a battery operated candle-clorox wipes, and a battery operated fan-which I have never used because since I got it, I seem to travel and the weather gets cold. I guess if I leave it at home, it will be hot. So I am leaving it at home on my next cruise.;)

Like DKF97, I pack a container of Clorox wipes, hand sanitizer, a pair of disposable gloves, and a can of Colrox Spray. I always wear gloves when I clean and sanitize the bathroom. No offense to the Cabin Stewards they do a great job, but they have to turn-around the cabins so fast, that I am sure things in the room tend to be overlooked at times. I spray and wipe down everything from the telephone, the door handles, the obvious toilet, and the floor of the shower. I might be a germaphobe, but I have had foot fungus on both feet, and a very bad virus. I just try to be very careful.

I pack the emergency crank handle for my John Deere combine

-because I can't afford to leave it back in the barn with those goofball boys I hire for help! ;)

Yew don't want to know what they did with the last one. :cool:

My Dad... He loved to cruise so I carry a small ern with some of his ashes every time I cruise.

Awwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!! That is SO sweet!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, it.:D:D

My Dad's already in a full size urn, and now you have me wondering if the funeral home could transfer some into a smaller one. Sorry to get off topic, but that is just great!!!!

For females only: Plastic doggy doo disposal bags to use instead of the thin paper disposal bags provided in the bathrooms of the ships or when you can't flush items in certain ports. I think they come in red, too, so maybe they could be used by anyone in case of an emergency. :p

My Dad's already in a full size urn, and now you have me wondering if the funeral home could transfer some into a smaller one. Sorry to get off topic, but that is just great!!!!

Yes they can. That's how I got the small one.

Both my mom and dad are already in urns too and I was thinking the same thing.

As to what unusual things I bring, I bring a bathroom scale and a Glade battery operated scent/light for the bathroom.

She should have been on the Triumph.

Both my mom and dad are already in urns too and I was thinking the same thing.

As to what unusual things I bring, I bring a bathroom scale and a Glade battery operated scent/light for the bathroom.

You bring a full size scale????? Lol. Why??????

Dish Soap, small amount in a hotel sample sized bottle. We bring our own coffee mugs and 32oz tea/lemonade cups. Its nice to be able yo wash them in the bathroom sink before heading to the Lido.

On Christmas/New Year's cruises we bring 3M strips, 2 strings of multi-colotored lights (that have different settings), and small, silver, shiny garland. We go all out and decorate our room around the ceiling with small loops of lights and garland. Our stewards are a little stunned at first, but then they smile so big and love it.

I bring a "travel size" small scale also to keep tabs on my weight and avoid surprises when I get home.

I also bring a set of four bags from Ikea (recycling bags maybe?). They fold flat and live in the pocket of my luggage. When open they stand up and stay open. The two large ones go in the closet area for dirty laundry. The smallest one on the desk to contain daily newsletters, coupon books, etc that accumulate. The medium one goes on the closet cabinet shelf to hold our "travel snacks"--Via coffee, nuts, coffee mugs, etc.

I also bring a collapsible plastic vase (from office supply store). We usually fly in the day prior. I pick up some fresh flowers for our cabin at the supermarket when possible.

I always pack some duct tape. You'd be amazed at the uses we've found for it, including taping a torn 'all you can stuff' laundry bag on NCL. Their bags are not cloth, but heavy paper.

If we are going to cold climate where I'll be wearing a turtleneck I take a Sham-Wow to help wring it out since I hand wash my turtleneck and the towels are sometimes not thick enough -- or already used from our showers.

I bring scotch tape and small scissors because I cut and tape into my journal port descriptions from the ship's newsletter, sometimes port excursion if we're taking a ship one, and often postcards of significant views.

Poster putty to hang map or other reference things on the wall. Poster putty doesn't leave marks when removed.

Memo paper to leave notes sometimes for cabin steward, and sometimes for hubby.

We take cruises with lots of sea days so I bring my hobby stuff to work on.

Archived