Beach Excursions in Jamaica?

mets550

Looking to do a beach excursion through RCI in Jamaica. We would be most interested in some type of resort or private beach/island type excursion. I see a lot of options offered but am having trouble distinguishing between them. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Negril is a beautiful beach. Long drive, but we enjoyed it. Got the bus driver to take us to the famous Rick's Cafe for a small additional charge.

I read about this. How reliable are their transfers? Do you remember what time they picked you up and brought you back?

CAREFUL If you are arriving at Falmouth: Jamaica for a Day (Hilton Rose Resort) does not pick you up from Falmouth until 9:15am Jamaica time. This is now 10:15am Ship time due to the recent time shift. You will arrive at the resort at 11am.

Just check your ships arrival and departure time, because the bus will take you back to the port 2 hours before the ship leaves. Do the math to see how much time you will actually have at the resort - for us, it would have only been 2 hours!

For us, arriving at 6am local time,and departing at 2pm local time(Indpenendence) - meant only 2 hours at the resort. Not worth the $94 per person, so we cancelled.

CAREFUL If you are arriving at Falmouth: Jamaica for a Day (Hilton Rose Resort) does not pick you up from Falmouth until 9:15am Jamaica time. This is now 10:15am Ship time due to the recent time shift. You will arrive at the resort at 11am.

Just check your ships arrival and departure time, because the bus will take you back to the port 2 hours before the ship leaves. Do the math to see how much time you will actually have at the resort - for us, it would have only been 2 hours!

For us, arriving at 6am local time,and departing at 2pm local time(Indpenendence) - meant only 2 hours at the resort. Not worth the $94 per person, so we cancelled.

Our ship arrives at 10 a.m. ship time. The website says they pick you up 45 minutes after your ship arrives but no earlier than 9:15 a.m. Since we don't get in until 10 a.m. (which I guess would be 9 a.m. ship time), they should still pick us up 45 minutes after arrival, which would be 10:45 a.m. ship time and 9:45 a.m. Jamaica time, right?

Our ship arrives at 10 a.m. ship time. The website says they pick you up 45 minutes after your ship arrives but no earlier than 9:15 a.m. Since we don't get in until 10 a.m. (which I guess would be 9 a.m. ship time), they should still pick us up 45 minutes after arrival, which would be 10:45 a.m. ship time and 9:45 a.m. Jamaica time, right?

In the summer, Jamaica is one hour behind ship time.

So, you arrive in Jamaica at 10am (ship time), which is 9am Jamaica time. They will pick you up 45 minutes later (9:45am Jamaica time).

What time does your ship leave port? The resort bus will leave 2 hours before your ship departure time in order to make it back to the ship with 1 hour to spare.

Sounds like you will be OK.

In the summer, Jamaica is one hour behind ship time.

So, you arrive in Jamaica at 10am (ship time), which is 9am Jamaica time. They will pick you up 45 minutes later (9:45am Jamaica time).

What time does your ship leave port? The resort bus will leave 2 hours before your ship departure time in order to make it back to the ship with 1 hour to spare.

Sounds like you will be OK.

The ship leaves at 7 p.m. (ship time). Does that mean we would leave the Hilton at 5 p.m. ship time? Or do they bring you back two hours prior to when you have to be back on the ship (6:30 p.m. ship time)?

I was at the Hilton on May 1st and had a wonderful time. The transfers were quick and easy. I got off the ship as soon as I could around 10:30 ship time and we waited a few minutes and then left. There was no trafic at all. We left at 5:00 ship time and even had time to shop. People in the bus were there for a 2nd time and I understand why. We even had access to the internet so we could give the kids some news. Food and drinks were good. The sea was so warm and so was the pool. Enjoy!

Archived