$700 for suite - upgrade fairy

withaneye7

I ended up upgrading from a spa balcony to a spa suite on a 12 night European cruise for $500 per person. I am really excited about it. It ended up being almost $800 less per person than the suite cost at its lowest point. I consider it a great investment in my vacation. I don't drink much(maybe 3 drinks on a 12 night cruise) and I usually don't do pay spa stuff so I figured why not. For you, I would say to go for it. It is not that much in the grand scheme. It will be a great memory.

Jim

It's your honeymoon and you can make it as special as you want.

Personally, I would save the $700 and spend it on some Steakhouse dinners, champagne, couples massage, nice pictures together, etc...

Congratulations on your wedding!

I ended up upgrading from a spa balcony to a spa suite on a 12 night European cruise for $500 per person. I am really excited about it. It ended up being almost $800 less per person than the suite cost at its lowest point. I consider it a great investment in my vacation. I don't drink much(maybe 3 drinks on a 12 night cruise) and I usually don't do pay spa stuff so I figured why not. For you, I would say to go for it. It is not that much in the grand scheme. It will be a great memory.

Jim

Now that is a good deal.

It's your honeymoon and you can make it as special as you want.

Personally, I would save the $700 and spend it on some Steakhouse dinners, champagne, couples massage, nice pictures together, etc...

Congratulations on your wedding!

do the upgrade AND buy all that other stuff. It's only money, you'll get more later.

When we were young we splurged on our honeymoon and many times was thinking why are we spending this BUT 18 years later - couldnt tell you exactly what we spent but memories remain and worth every penney spent.

So in a nutshell - honeymoon go for it, years from now whatever you spend will be a blur but you'll remember the experience!

Is this a 7-day cruise? I wouldn't take it if it is only an Ocean Suite & not a Grand Suite. It is only slightly bigger then a regular balcony but the balcony would be twice as big.

We paid about $150pp more for a junior suite (I think that's what it was called) than a regular balcony on our 10th anniversary cruise on Destiny in 2009. The cabin wasn't that much larger; I don't think my wife used the tub once. Probably wouldn't pay the extra again but would rather spend the savings elsewhere.

If you decide to have the Honeymoon/Money Dance during your wedding reception (always a personal choice...some Brides & Grooms are all for it, others view it as tacky and needy...so...if you decide to incorporate it in your formalities...)

Make sure your DJ knows that you're going on a cruise and have him announce it when the $ dance begins. Also, encourage him (if you're so inclined) to play festive honeymoon music that plays on your guests subliminals..."Cruisin'" (either Smokey Robinson or Huey Lewis/Gwyneth Paltrow version) and other songs about cruising...or songs about the area you're cruising to...beach music...and have the DJ keep playing appropriate music so long as there are guests in line with cash! :)

While it would probably be too late to justify the upgrade, at least you'll be able to enjoy an extra excursion, steakhouse or spa service that was possibly out of the honeymoon budget.

Irregardless, enjoy! Congratulations again!

With some weeklong cruises going for 299.00 pp, I'd say FORGET the suite and book a 2nd cruise...

No brainer....

I like the way you think! Now I just have to figure out the vacation time issue with my employer... Dangit!!!! ;)

Archived