No Carnival Europe 2014!!

just got the call today from Carnival that there will be no transatlantic or european sailings in summer 2014

I am very upset by this !!! I have been waiting for 2 months ! I was told by John Heald himself on facebook that they would be there in 2 weeks in March and my contact at Carnival had also assured me of the same.

So instead of cashing in on Royal caribbeans reduced deposit i decided to wait to see what Carnival had for me

I guess I will be looking at other lines....:( I was really hoping for another ship to be sunshined and sailing the Med for the summer.

oh well I am excited to check out what MSC has to offer! :)

John said himself he was upset .. CCL decided to send another ship down under to tap more into that market.... I think there will be plently of NCL ships in the med next year..

just got the call today from Carnival that there will be no transatlantic or european sailings in summer 2014

I am very upset by this !!! I have been waiting for 2 months ! I was told by John Heald himself on facebook that they would be there in 2 weeks in March and my contact at Carnival had also assured me of the same.

So instead of cashing in on Royal caribbeans reduced deposit i decided to wait to see what Carnival had for me

I guess I will be looking at other lines....:( I was really hoping for another ship to be sunshined and sailing the Med for the summer.

OP I have been in your shoes and know how you feel. I had Carnival pull 2 cruises out from under me and my group when we took a cruise to Europe. we were all set up with l shaped balconies and the nice extended balcony one the first by the end of the whole nightmare we ended up spread across the whole ship on the Dream.

this does stink because we were hoping to cruise the Balkins in 2014 w/Carnival I guess we will have to look at another line.

refer to the other thread already talking about it!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1842164

These duplicate threads drive me nuts!!!

If duplicate threads drive you nuts you must sit on the Internet an awful lot.. I apologize that I cannot follow every thread on here I was just expressing my what I found out today.. Jeeze mellow out buddy

OP I have been in your shoes and know how you feel. I had Carnival pull 2 cruises out from under me and my group when we took a cruise to Europe. we were all set up with l shaped balconies and the nice extended balcony one the first by the end of the whole nightmare we ended up spread across the whole ship on the Dream.

this does stink because we were hoping to cruise the Balkins in 2014 w/Carnival I guess we will have to look at another line.

Holy smokes I'm afraid my situation does not compare! I am sorry that happened to you!

We were very excited too this year for Europe! We love carnival and we wanted to be on the sunshine so bad this year but our European family reunion is not until next year

Oh well things could be worse were talking vacations here! :cool:

Good luck on finding An alternate cruise!

I'm relieved we booked the Legend for this Summer in the Meditteranean....we liked the ship previously and may consider Australia for 2014. What an opportunity!

The cost of airfare was an unpleasant surprise ($1,200 per person) for June (the taxes and fees comprised half of that cost, I was shocked to discover).

For those of you who wanted to sail Europe with Carnival in 2014, I'm very sorry you are disappointed.

John Heald the greatest source of misinformation!!!

what misinformation? Did I miss something and Carnival will be sailing in Europe in 2014?

He's talking about the fact that JH had been saying for the past few weeks that Carnival would have a ship in Europe, and yesterday it was announced that they wouldn't. It's an example of how Carnival threw JH under the bus as others are saying.

Archived