Final Payment Question

I was asked a question and I'm not sure of the answer.

If someone pays the balance due, before the final payment due date and then decides to cancel, can they still get their money back up to the original final due date?

I was asked a question and I'm not sure of the answer.

If someone pays the balance due, before the final payment due date and then decides to cancel, can they still get their money back up to the original final due date?

Yes

After You Purchase

s.gif

s.gif

Q: If I have to cancel my cruise, will I get a refund?s.gifA: You will get a full refund if you notify us at least 75 days prior to your sailing date (60 days for 3 & 4-night cruises or 90 days for holiday sailings). Consult the chart below to determine cancellation charges applicable later.

Note: No refunds will be made if you do not show up for your cruise or if you interrupt or cancel your vacation once it has begun.

When calculating the days prior to sailing, the day of sailing should not be considered as one of the days. The day of sailing is considered the first day of the cruise, therefore, the penalty period will commence one day prior to the day of sailing.

The cancellation policy applies when reserving with our US Office only. Guests should contact their local Royal Caribbean International Office or Travel Agent for full details of applicable cancellation policies.

Effective August 1, 2010, new reservations will fall under the following cancellation schedule:

Cruise Length

Days to Departure

Charges Per Person

1 - 5 Nights60+No charges59-43Deposit amount42-2950% of total price (taxes & fees excluded)*28-1575% of total price (taxes & fees excluded)*14 or lessNo refund except for taxes and fees6 Nights or longer75+No charges74-57Deposit amount56-2950% of total price (taxes & fees excluded)*28-1575% of total (taxes & fees excluded)*14 or lessNo refund except for taxes and feesCruiseTour75+No charges74-57Deposit amount56-2950% of total price (taxes & fees excluded)*28-1575% of total (taxes & fees excluded)*14 or lessNo refund except for taxes and feesHoliday Sailings**:1-5 nights90+No charges89-64Deposit Amount63-4350% of total price (taxes and fees excluded)*42-1575% of total (taxes & fees excluded)*14 or lessNo refund except for taxes and fees6 Nights or longer90+No charges89-64Deposit Amount63-4350% of total price (taxes and fees excluded)*42-2275% of total (taxes & fees excluded)**21 or lessNo refund (excluding taxes and fees)

* Or deposit amount, whichever is greater.

** Holiday sailings are defined as sailings that occur over Christmas and/or New Year's day.

Reservations created prior to August 1, 2010 for all sailings will fall under the following cancellation schedule as follows:

Cruise Length

Days to Departure

Charges Per Person

1 - 5 Nights60+No charges59-30Deposit amount29-850% of total price (taxes & fees excluded)*7 or lessNo refund except for taxes and fees6 - 9 Nights70+No charges69-30Deposit amount29-850% of total price (taxes & fees excluded)*7 or lessNo refund except for taxes and fees10+ Nights70+No charges69-30Deposit amount29-1550% of total price (taxes & fees excluded)*14 or lessNo refund except for taxes and feesHoliday Sailings**:6-8 nights90+No charges89-30Deposit Amount29-850% of total price (taxes and fees excluded)*7 or lessNo refund except for taxes and fees9+ nights90+No charges89-30Deposit Amount29-1550% of total price (taxes and fees excluded)*14 or lessNo refund except for taxes and fees

* Or deposit amount, whichever is greater.

** Holiday sailings are defined as sailings that occur over Christmas and/or New Year's day.

After You Purchase

s.gif

s.gif

Q: If I have to cancel my cruise, will I get a refund?s.gifA: You will get a full refund if you notify us at least 75 days prior to your sailing date (60 days for 3 & 4-night cruises or 90 days for holiday sailings). Consult the chart below to determine cancellation charges applicable later.

The 60, 75, and 90 days are when final payment dates will be from RCI depending on length of cruise and if it's a holiday cruise. If you pay off your balance before the final payment date set forth by RCI, you will receive a full refund.

The 60, 75, and 90 days are when final payment dates will be from RCI depending on length of cruise and if it's a holiday cruise. If you pay off your balance before the final payment date set forth by RCI, you will receive a full refund.

Absolutely correct...It's the date final payment is due...not the date from which you've made final payment.

I always say go directly to the source, I have been given wrong information many times by people. Go directly to the source for information and answers to any questions or concerns. Never take the word of anyone. The bottom line is if you are given wrong information from someone and you call the company when your not satisfied and they ask where you got the information and you respond by saying "I heard it from someone". That is not an acceptable answer. Always, ALWAYS go to the source. Even though answers from others come from the source it is still considered second and third party information. I wouldn't even take the word of some T.A.'s out there.

I always say go directly to the source, I have been given wrong information many times by people. .

Right, because RCI NEVER gives out wrong information :rolleyes::o:cool: LOL!

Sorry but I trust cruisenfever and a few others here over Adam Goldstein himself.

Right, because RCI NEVER gives out wrong information :rolleyes::o:cool: LOL!

Sorry but I trust cruisenfever and a few others here over Adam Goldstein himself.

Well, as far as certain issues go, I would too. Other than company policies and procedures. Anything else I listen to the good folks of this forum.

Archived