Freedom B2B Trip Review 4/28/13 - 5/12/13 (picture heavy)!!!

I'm just happy that I could add some value and maybe give folks ideas of things they can do that they wouldn't ordinarily think of themselves.

That's a big part of what I got from your excellent review -- I realized there was sooooo much more I could have done and seen that I had no idea about. I actually look back on my own trip now with a tiny bit of regret that I missed so much. On the other hand, it gives me lots to look forward to on the next one. :)

Is it just me or are the photobucket pics not showing up any more? I missed half the thread and wanted to see them. By the way you've convinced me to take the Freedom next year, excellent review.

Photos are missing for me too.

#4 - Balcony

Caipirinha_zps5160f483.png

This one is going to be a bit of a stretch because I don't have a picture to match directly to the memory. This picture reminds me of my mental image of the first day of lounging on the balcony, sipping a Mojito and listening to music over the sound of the sea. To be honest, I could have done just that for a week and I would have been happy.

#3 - End of Cococay

FarEnd_zps94b32665.png

Another of my wife's picks. This picture has every element of her ideal vacation spot (mine as well) - the white sand, the vibrant blue water, the brightness of the sun, a cool spot to sit in the shade and not a soul in sight.

#2 - Doctor's Cave Beach

DoctorsCave3_zps9ba11ee0.png

Most of my best beach memories have been at this beach. I've got other great beach memories, but the ones when I was at this beach are always near the top of the list. Every time I've been here, it was absolutely perfect. Maybe that was just luck, or maybe there is something about this beach. For those who are curious, the only beach memories that beat out Doctor's Cave Beach are the ones from Cabo San Lucas.

#1 - Seven Mile Beach Reveal

Access3_zpsd4dea88d.png

This one reminds me not of this trip, but of our previous trip to Grand Cayman and the first time I took my wife to Seven Mile Beach. On that day, it was very bright and sunny and I guess the landscapers hadn't been by in a while. So, the end of the path was overgrown and the foliage had to be parted in order to get to the beach. It was the look on her face seeing the beach for the first time that makes the memory.

Bonus - Richard Spacey

AntiqueCar_zps19ecd90e.png

You can't see it in the picture, but there is a plaque that says not to touch or sit in the car. One of the first times I saw Richard, he was on the TV and in this car with his assistant Jamie. Jamie was behind the wheel talking about the activities of the day or something. Meanwhile, Richard (who is quite tall) is bouncing up and down in his seat, causing the car to rock back and forth, while saying "I think there is something wrong with the suspension on my side." I swear the car was going to break which would have been even funnier.

Encore, encore....THAT IS WHAT THIS FEELS LIKE!! You are amazing and your wife is beyond treasured and patient! Thank you again for all your hard work on this!

There is. Deck 12 aft, just by the flowrider. About 10 loungers.

Thanks for the great review! I'm jealous of your early retirement but I know if I could retire now at age 45 I'd eat and/or drink myself to death in less than 10 years, so probably good I've got another 20 years to go! I especially enjoy glowing reviews like this one.

BTW, the longest Gemini mission was 14 days, not 48 hours (Gemini 7).

I guess I spent just enough time there to get a picture of the Flowrider and nothing else.;)

And, clearly my notes were lacking on the KSC tour. I was too busy gawking at all the cool stuff.

Encore, encore....THAT IS WHAT THIS FEELS LIKE!! You are amazing and your wife is beyond treasured and patient! Thank you again for all your hard work on this!

Treasured? Patient? Obviously, you've never met my wife.:eek: Just kidding, mostly.

You are amazing and your wife is beyond treasured and patient! Thank you again for all your hard work on this!

Thank you for the lovely compliment. As my husband suggests in his post, though, patience is not one of my virtues!! :D He had to listen to me saying "Take the darn picture already, so I can eat/drink/whatever..." about a million times over the two weeks. In other words, he is amazing -- for putting up with me.

Plus, the fact that he did the review actually made my vacation even more fun. I got to see Freedom (my favorite ship) from the perspective of a "newbie," and I ended up trying things I probably would not have tried (different drinks, different food, going to shows) if he hadn't been doing the review. So, all in all, it worked out very well, and I'm very glad so many people seem to be enjoying and learning from the review.

Thank you for the lovely compliment. As my husband suggests in his post, though, patience is not one of my virtues!! :D

In other words, he is amazing -- for putting up with me.

You're patient? I'm amazing? Look at all the internet lies! :eek:

To be serious - Thank you everyone for the compliments.

Me too!!!! You have convinced me to cruise next on The Freedom.

Thanks again.

ps: will your wife spill the beans on where she got that amazing black formal dress with the silver trim? pretty please?:D

I don't think any of her formal black dresses have silver trim. Which day did you see it in? It had to be at one of the specialty restaurants as we were sitting next to each other in the MDR.

Thank you for your excellent review. I'll be on the Freedom October 2014 for the first time, and I can't wait! I'm going to bookmark your review. I know it took a lot of time and effort and I really appreciate it.

Thank you for your excellent review. I'll be on the Freedom October 2014 for the first time, and I can't wait! I'm going to bookmark your review. I know it took a lot of time and effort and I really appreciate it.

You are most welcome. Hopefully it will help you out as you enjoy the best ship in the fleet (IMO).

ps: will your wife spill the beans on where she got that amazing black formal dress with the silver trim? pretty please?:D

Hmmmm...a mystery!! I don't have any black formal dresses with silver trim. I went back and looked through the photos, and the only dresses I can see me wearing are a pink and black one (from Express, if you are wondering) and two black ones (from Victoria's Secret, if you're wondering). I don't know if that helps, but if you let me know what day you're referring to, maybe I can be of more help.

For a first time reviewer you and your wife did an outstanding job. I really hated to see it end. I have not been on Freedom but she sure does have many fans. We will be doing Independence over Thanksgiving and this review certainly helped me know what to see and do. I know I am a wimp but the drive to PC is too long, so we usually go out of FLL. The pictures were outstanding for an I Phone and you definitely got shots I've not seen before. I did miss a pic of the reviewer and his lovely wife, tho. Haha. Have a great time on the Allure. There is no cigar bar except in the suites only sun deck area above the Solaruim (you probably already know this)! IMHO if you are going to get a suite on any ship it is definitely worth it on the big girls. The suites only sun deck and the concierge lounge make it all worth it. Happy cruising!

FOS 6/30/2013. Thank you so much for the review and pictures! We couldn't be more excited now. I've read through it twice just to make sure I didn't miss any important notes. Thanks again for taking the time!!!

Well, I'm up til 12:30 2 nights in a row and finally reached the end of your review. It has been like a good book you just can't wait to get back to. It has been the best I've read when researching a cruise. If I were not already booked on Freedom in Sept. I would be now. We were on Freedom a few years ago and loved it. We tried Allure and it definitely has that wow factor but there were so many things we missed from Freedom. Your review helped remind me of some of those things. Make sure you do review Allure because you are so wonderful at it. Thank You so much and to the Mrs for letting us have you to take us along on your cruise. Love You Both!

Been most of the morning reading and enjoying your photo's of your cruise and the Freedom. Plan to book Freedom in a few week for March 2014.

This has made my day. Will show your review to my Son & DIL & Grandson who will be going with me in March.:)

Wonderful job on your review and photo's.:D

What a wonderful way to spend a Sunday!!!!!

We are changing our booking from Allure to Freedom and so I decided to do a search and see what people have to say.

I will admit, this is the FIRST and ONLY thing I have read and it was PERFECT

Thanks soooo very much for taking the time to write it.

My kids LOVED the pictures and we had fun reading it during the day.

I even had my soon to be 12 year old down here looking at the pictures and if you have ever been around 12 year old boys, the LAST thing they wanna do is sit with their mom and look on the computer!!

Thanks again!!! We will go back and reread this one a few more times before our August cruise!

Chass