Freedom B2B Trip Review 4/28/13 - 5/12/13 (picture heavy)!!!

This was the BEST review ever!!! I especially loved the fact that we are staying in the same cabin 9338, and I got a nice "sneak peek" of it. We will be on "your" balcony this time next week!!! Question: did you ask for the lounger on the balcony or was it already there???

Thanks again for sharing your experiences. I signed in twice a day just to read your review!!!

NOW...go plan your next cruise!!!:cool:

Really enjoyed!! We will be on the FOS June 30th. While this will be our 2nd cruise on her your review reminded us of how much we enjoy this class of ship. Thank You for all your work on this review. GREAT JOB!

I am so glad you took the time to do this !! Like I said earlier we booked a B2B for Oct 2014 for freedom while on the Jewel last month . Even though I have been on freedom before your review really had me looking forward to my B2B hump cabin !! Thank again -

Once you do a B2B in a hump cabin, it is hard to imagine doing anything else.

The BEST review I have read...looking forward to my cruise on FOS even more after reading this!

Thank you for taking the time and energy to do this!! :)

You are most welcome. I enjoyed doing it.

So I'm sad, yet determined, with the ending of your review! Being that we are @3 weeks out from our B2B on Freedom, I believe the final stages of our pre-cruise planning will be a snap! This couldn't have come at a better time! A million and one thank-yours to you and your wife!!

I'm wondering if you would be able to pick your top 10 favorite pics/memories from your 14 days. Not out of need, just out of curiosity! Or maybe even top 14 from 14 days! I love living vicariously through ppl, their stories and experiences! Of course I'm a psychology person who loves cruising as much as I love people, so what could be better than a combination of perspective, people and Royal Caribbean cruising!!

I wish their were a way to send a review or praise to CC because I really hope they become aware of this phenomenal commentary that you have provided for all their interested members!

Hats off to you and your wife; maybe we will see you at sea someday!

That is a great idea. I'll put together a "Most Memorable Memories" with pictures. It will be pictures you guys have seen, but with more than just a description.

This was the BEST review ever!!! I especially loved the fact that we are staying in the same cabin 9338, and I got a nice "sneak peek" of it. We will be on "your" balcony this time next week!!! Question: did you ask for the lounger on the balcony or was it already there???

Thanks again for sharing your experiences. I signed in twice a day just to read your review!!!

NOW...go plan your next cruise!!!:cool:

Make sure to keep "our" cabin in one piece. Although, it is already someone else's cabin right now.:(

As to the balcony furniture, what you saw is what was there. My understanding is that balcony furniture will not be changed, even if you ask.

Next cruise is already planned.:D Sadly it is plan B. Plan A was Panama (west to east), but all the Junior Suites on that cruise are taken. So, it will be Allure B2B next spring.

We love you guys, too!!!!!!

YAY!!!

Really enjoyed!! We will be on the FOS June 30th. While this will be our 2nd cruise on her your review reminded us of how much we enjoy this class of ship. Thank You for all your work on this review. GREAT JOB!

Personally, I think Freedom class is the best in the fleet. The "Big Girls" have their bells and whistles that are worth glancing at, but once you've seen them, you've seen them.

Hope you have your next cruise already planned and it's soon! What am I going to read until I go on my cruise?!?

Thanks for all the work in putting this together. You and your wife did a great job...

As for what to read, there is a review of week 2 of this cruise out there as well as a bunch of others. Granted, many are of Allure (that must be the most reviewed ship).

Thank you all for the great feedback. I really did think so many people would be loving the review.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a WINNER!

Excellent review, love your sense of humor. I especially enjoyed your "turnaround day" detail for B2B'rs. I'll be doing my first one later this year and appreciated you walking us through the whole process.

So, when is your next cruise?:D

The Freedom is our favorite ship.

Thanks for the great review, not only of the ship but the food and beverage detail. Your humor and choice of wording made us feel like we know you. You are funny as well so it made it all that more special.

We will be looking forward to your next review. Have a great year until then.

Loved your review.

I will be doing my 2nd B2B on the Freedom this Dec. I now have a list of things to do that I hadn't thought about.

Thank you, Thank you,

Martha

This is what I was hoping to accomplish with this review. You are most welcome.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a WINNER!

Excellent review, love your sense of humor. I especially enjoyed your "turnaround day" detail for B2B'rs. I'll be doing my first one later this year and appreciated you walking us through the whole process.

So, when is your next cruise?:D

The lack of detailed B2B information on these boards was what caused me to even consider doing a review. I'm glad I could shed some light on it.

Our next cruise will probably be next spring sometime - B2B on Allure.

The Freedom is our favorite ship.

Thanks for the great review, not only of the ship but the food and beverage detail. Your humor and choice of wording made us feel like we know you. You are funny as well so it made it all that more special.

We will be looking forward to your next review. Have a great year until then.

I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I was hoping the humor might make it just a bit more interesting to read. My first draft of Part 1 had no humor and it read like a technical schematic (or something else for those who find technical schematics interesting). So, I figured some silliness would keep everyone awake.;)

Top 10 Memories

I think this is a great idea and wish I'd thought of it. Here is a count down of the top 10 memories from this cruise:

#10 - Saturn 5 Rocket

Saturn5_zpsb3f4d884.png

Walking into the building and seeing the sheer size of this rocket blew my mind. I really thought I had an idea of how massive it was. We saw the Saturn 1B up close and the Vehicle Assembly Building which I thought gave me all the reference I needed. But, it didn't. Not much catches me off guard, but seeing this did.

#9 - Senor Frogs

HalfFrog7_zps7f1b4f29.png

Every cruise I've taken, except my first cruise, included at least one trip to a Senor Frogs. Each time, I've walked away with fond memories of good times and people (often me) letting lose a little. The shot glasses sum up the essence of those experiences - filled with a mostly harmless concoction that encourages slightly outrageous behavior, but in the end it is just some good clean fun.

#8 - Crew Effort

Swans_zps9fb452e8.png

Somehow this particular picture reminds me of the hard work and effort the crew puts in day after day to make each cruise a special experience. Not only are they successful at it, but they do it in a way that is almost invisible. It is the little things that remind me years later just how much the crew contributed to my great cruise memories.

#7 - Being at Sea

Sunset_zps4783182b.png

I have to admit that I really enjoy being at sea. There is a beauty to it. Maybe it is the simplicity of just the water, the sky and the clouds. This picture represents that.

#6 - Connoisseur's Club (Cigar Lounge)

CigarsandMakers_zpsa46e4585.png

Some of the best social experiences I've had on cruises were in the Cigar Lounge. I don't think it is the lounge itself, because I've had the same kind of experience on the beach or even on land. There is something about people who are smoking cigars that tends to make them very social and friendly. Then again, maybe it's just me.

#5 - Champagne Bar

Mirabelle_zps59534fd8.png

My wife picked this one. This picture reminds her of the Champagne Bar which is a shining example of excellent service. Some of her best memories of cruising (and mine) have been at the Champagne Bar.

#4 - Balcony

Caipirinha_zps5160f483.png

This one is going to be a bit of a stretch because I don't have a picture to match directly to the memory. This picture reminds me of my mental image of the first day of lounging on the balcony, sipping a Mojito and listening to music over the sound of the sea. To be honest, I could have done just that for a week and I would have been happy.

#3 - End of Cococay

FarEnd_zps94b32665.png

Another of my wife's picks. This picture has every element of her ideal vacation spot (mine as well) - the white sand, the vibrant blue water, the brightness of the sun, a cool spot to sit in the shade and not a soul in sight.

#2 - Doctor's Cave Beach

DoctorsCave3_zps9ba11ee0.png

Most of my best beach memories have been at this beach. I've got other great beach memories, but the ones when I was at this beach are always near the top of the list. Every time I've been here, it was absolutely perfect. Maybe that was just luck, or maybe there is something about this beach. For those who are curious, the only beach memories that beat out Doctor's Cave Beach are the ones from Cabo San Lucas.

#1 - Seven Mile Beach Reveal

Access3_zpsd4dea88d.png

This one reminds me not of this trip, but of our previous trip to Grand Cayman and the first time I took my wife to Seven Mile Beach. On that day, it was very bright and sunny and I guess the landscapers hadn't been by in a while. So, the end of the path was overgrown and the foliage had to be parted in order to get to the beach. It was the look on her face seeing the beach for the first time that makes the memory.

Bonus - Richard Spacey

AntiqueCar_zps19ecd90e.png

You can't see it in the picture, but there is a plaque that says not to touch or sit in the car. One of the first times I saw Richard, he was on the TV and in this car with his assistant Jamie. Jamie was behind the wheel talking about the activities of the day or something. Meanwhile, Richard (who is quite tall) is bouncing up and down in his seat, causing the car to rock back and forth, while saying "I think there is something wrong with the suspension on my side." I swear the car was going to break which would have been even funnier.

As many others have written--what a fabulous review and corresponding pictures (if I remember correctly, these were taken with your phone--yes???) WOW!! I believe your review should somehow be highlighted to come up first in all searches about the wonderful Freedom of the Seas! Your time and energy devoted to sharing your trip with us are greatly appreciated, and it has been fun to re-live our Freedom experience as you documented yours! Thank you to you and your wife!

I greatly enjoyed reading your review and hate that it has come to an end. I don't think I will even attempt a review after my cruise on Freedom in July. :)

Considering all of the great pictures you shared, I was hoping to see one of you and your wife at the end of your review.

Thanks for sharing your vacation with us. I think you could have a second career as a Travel Writer. ;)

As many others have written--what a fabulous review and corresponding pictures (if I remember correctly, these were taken with your phone--yes???) WOW!! I believe your review should somehow be highlighted to come up first in all searches about the wonderful Freedom of the Seas! Your time and energy devoted to sharing your trip with us are greatly appreciated, and it has been fun to re-live our Freedom experience as you documented yours! Thank you to you and your wife!

Every photo was taken using my iPhone 4S. I'm not a pro and I don't even like taking pictures. I did run most of the pictures through a software enhancement, but in most cases it didn't make that much of a difference.

I greatly enjoyed reading your review and hate that it has come to an end. I don't think I will even attempt a review after my cruise on Freedom in July. :)

Considering all of the great pictures you shared, I was hoping to see one of you and your wife at the end of your review.

Thanks for sharing your vacation with us. I think you could have a second career as a Travel Writer. ;)

Don't let my review stop you from doing one of your own.

Sorry, I decided in advance this would be a cruise review not an "us" or "me" review. Also, I don't think I have a digital picture of us anywhere.

After seeing what's involved in doing one of these reviews, I'm not sure they could pay me enough to be a Travel Writer.:eek:

Thank you all for the compliments and kind words.

I just wanted to send a quick note to say Thank You for this awesome review. I have looked forward to the pictures and stories each day. You have made my past couple of week. I felt like I was on the ship, beaches, and places I had never been before. Thank you again for taking the time to do this..

LOVED your review & the pictures brought back nice memories of our cruise on FOS. We loved that ship & will definitly go on her again. :) Thanks again for taking the time to do a FAB review! :D

I just wanted to send a quick note to say Thank You for this awesome review. I have looked forward to the pictures and stories each day. You have made my past couple of week. I felt like I was on the ship, beaches, and places I had never been before. Thank you again for taking the time to do this..

Thank you both for the compliments. I'm just happy that I could add some value and maybe give folks ideas of things they can do that they wouldn't ordinarily think of themselves.

Never have I enjoyed a review more than yours. We will be on the Freedom this September and have learned so much reading your threads. I am so excited to hear that you will be on the Allure next spring as we will be taking our first Oasis size cruise on her the following December. Please, please write a review on this cruise also.:):)

We were on the Eastern portion of you B2B. Thanks for writing the review and your awesome pictures. I think I even saw myself in one of your pictures at the ice skating show. This was our first time on RCL but we were talking about booking it again before we even left the ship. I think I would enjoy the western itinerary the next time on Freedom. We have booked the Explorer of the Seas out of Port Canaveral to Aruba in November 2014. That is so far away that we might just have to book something before then. Thanks again for the great review and pictures.

Never have I enjoyed a review more than yours. We will be on the Freedom this September and have learned so much reading your threads. I am so excited to hear that you will be on the Allure next spring as we will be taking our first Oasis size cruise on her the following December. Please, please write a review on this cruise also.:):)

I will give it some serious thought, although there are already some outstanding reviews of Allure that I used as a guide for this review. My concern is that I won't really been adding anything new. But, I will sure think about it. Maybe I can find a new angle for an Allure review...

We were on the Eastern portion of you B2B. Thanks for writing the review and your awesome pictures. I think I even saw myself in one of your pictures at the ice skating show. This was our first time on RCL but we were talking about booking it again before we even left the ship. I think I would enjoy the western itinerary the next time on Freedom. We have booked the Explorer of the Seas out of Port Canaveral to Aruba in November 2014. That is so far away that we might just have to book something before then. Thanks again for the great review and pictures.

Personally, I like the western better than eastern. I'm so glad you enjoyed the review!!

There is something that I can't tell from the pictures of The Freedom of the Seas.

Is there a sunning area at the very back of the ship? I'm thinking there might be, near the flowrider? But if there is, I have missed any pictures. I always like to lay out at the back of the ship and watch the wake.....very relaxing. Does this ship have an area like that, or are the loungers basically at the sides, overlooking the sides of the ship? Thanks!

This review was like cruise crack to me. lol. I just could not get enough of it.

Quick question - If you had to pick day 3,4 or 5 on the Eastern iten. for a meal at Portifino's, which would you pick? Basically which night did you like the least in the Main Dining room?

Thanks again for all the time, energy and effort you put forth for your fellow cruise-a-holics. We really appreciate it. :D:D:D:D:D:D

E-Beth

There is something that I can't tell from the pictures of The Freedom of the Seas.

Is there a sunning area at the very back of the ship? I'm thinking there might be, near the flowrider? But if there is, I have missed any pictures. I always like to lay out at the back of the ship and watch the wake.....very relaxing. Does this ship have an area like that, or are the loungers basically at the sides, overlooking the sides of the ship? Thanks!

If I remember correctly, there is no public area to lay out at the aft of the ship. On deck 11/12 the mini golf, Flowrider and sports area consume the aft. There are a few tables and chairs outside the Diamond Lounge, but that area has a roof of sorts and is forward of all the sports stuff.

The only other public aft area is Deck 5, but it is in the shade and you really can't sit there.

This review was like cruise crack to me. lol. I just could not get enough of it.

Quick question - If you had to pick day 3,4 or 5 on the Eastern iten. for a meal at Portifino's, which would you pick? Basically which night did you like the least in the Main Dining room?

Thanks again for all the time, energy and effort you put forth for your fellow cruise-a-holics. We really appreciate it. :D:D:D:D:D:D

E-Beth

Looking back at the pictures, I would pick Day 3 to skip the MDR. Here's why: both day 3's one of us had the stuffed shells pasta, which is available every night. So, the variable side of the menu that night must not have been that great. Also, looking at what we had Day 4 & 5, you don't want to miss those dishes, especially the lasagna.

There is. Deck 12 aft, just by the flowrider. About 10 loungers.

Thanks for the great review! I'm jealous of your early retirement but I know if I could retire now at age 45 I'd eat and/or drink myself to death in less than 10 years, so probably good I've got another 20 years to go! I especially enjoy glowing reviews like this one.

BTW, the longest Gemini mission was 14 days, not 48 hours (Gemini 7).

Edited by DrD