Anyone get word from the sunshine?

mairead224

HI All,

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything. The waterworks were supposed to have been fixed by yesterday at the latest but we have heard nothing. Carnival have been very quiet about this.

Need to start managing expectations. Have to say I am starting to get fairly concerned.

John had said on sunday? that it should be fixed by yesterday. Id have thought if not you would see something posted to the contrary as some are pretty quick with negative news.

Good post !!!! Interesting how quickly the naysayers disappear when they have nothing negative to say !!!

John had said on sunday? that it should be fixed by yesterday. Id have thought if not you would see something posted to the contrary as some are pretty quick with negative news.

that's a good point. There was one post on the 5/5 roll call from a passenger saying that it wasnt fixed and it wasn't going to be sorted for the next trip but many of these posts can be taken with a grain of salt.

Just checked in for our flights tomorrow.

Where there's a naysayer, there's a way. :(

Have a safe flight! Can't wait for your review :D If you pass by cabins 9178 & 9182 a photo would be greatly appreciated. We have never sailed with Carnival before so any pics beforehand would be fab!

Debbie

I anticipate an accurate, detailed and photo intensive review upon your safe return. Bin voyage, mon amis.

I garontee. Hopefully a little live from teaser...

Have a safe flight! Can't wait for your review :D If you pass by cabins 9178 & 9182 a photo would be greatly appreciated. We have never sailed with Carnival before so any pics beforehand would be fab!

Debbie

Thank you. Cabin pictures likely won't happen - they tend to be occupied by passengers. But if they are being worked on... :eek:

Thank you. Cabin pictures likely won't happen - they tend to be occupied by passengers. But if they are being worked on... :eek:

Even just a pic of our cabin doors would cause great excitement in our household! Will you be posting things onboard or do we have to wait until you get home?

SS - From another Sunshine discussion, there was a suggestion that the cigar bar, associated with the Havana Bar on Sunshine may not have been part of the upgrade? Any verification of this so far, or, could you verify while reviewing and taking pics?

Thanks.

SS - From another Sunshine discussion, there was a suggestion that the cigar bar, associated with the Havana Bar on Sunshine may not have been part of the upgrade? Any verification of this so far, or, could you verify while reviewing and taking pics?

Thanks.

I never thought there was a association between the cigar bar (which may have vaporized) and the Havana Bar.

I always thought the cigar bar would be some small room where some cigars and brandy could be enjoyed by those who do such things. I'll try to find out what happened.

I never thought there was a association between the cigar bar (which may have vaporized) and the Havana Bar.

I always thought the cigar bar would be some small room where some cigars and brandy could be enjoyed by those who do such things. I'll try to find out what happened.

Wasn't ever really clear to me. The cigar bar was only mentioned in a couple of the very early descriptions of what was planned for the Sunshine refurb, once the work started, I could not find out either way. But, a first hand account would be great. Just a small planning item for me for the TA in November.

Thanks.

Bill have a great flight and I cant wait for your review as always!! The girls would love it if you could snap a few pics of the camp!!!

Wow didn't realize that it was that time for you. Have a wonderful and safe trip. Then come back and do your review right away (lol).

:D

Bill have a great flight and I cant wait for your review as always!! The girls would love it if you could snap a few pics of the camp!!!

The Kids Clubs are usually off limits because they obviously don't want anyone taking pictures of the kids. Maybe I can ask one of the counselors to take a few pictures.

Wow didn't realize that it was that time for you. Have a wonderful and safe trip. Then come back and do your review right away (lol).

:D

Thank you. I still plan on posting some from the ship if Internet access allows.

The Kids Clubs are usually off limits because they obviously don't want anyone taking pictures of the kids. Maybe I can ask one of the counselors to take a few pictures.

Thank you. I still plan on posting some from the ship if Internet access allows.

Enjoy :)

We are boarding on the 26th!! Can't wait to get an accurate assessment from SS :)

No matter what the naysayers try to go on about on these boards I am thrilled to be calling the sunshine my home for our 12 night sailing!!!!

Can't wait for the pics and reviews!!

Ohhhh and to leave for Barcelona myself next week :D:D:D

Archived