Carnival Cruiser thinking of going on X.

jrmende63

Interesting, because I did the west coast cruise on the Splendor and there each comedian did two nights of shows, and they brought comedians on in Puerto Vallarta. But even if I was wrong about two of the nights, even 5 nights of comedy is better than I experienced the Millennium though (who had one comedian do a show in the main theater, compared to the semi-dedicated Punchliners Comedy Club)

Well, thanks for editing out the part of my post where I explained all about two comedians on board at embarkation and another two flying in at a port stop, so with the embarkation show, it would indeed be 5 nights of comedy. That is what we encountered on our Spirit cruise in the Mexican Riviera. I fully agree that no cruise line beats Carnival for comedy and I'm pretty sure most of my entertainment on my upcoming X cruises will be at the martini Bars and the Molecular Bar on the Silhouette. Unless the Sin City review will still be on the Silhouette next March, but I'm not holding my breath. :rolleyes:

We are new to X and cruising.....what is Blu??? Sorry if that is a silly question:rolleyes:

It's a specialty restaurant that is located on the five S Class ships as well as the four M Class ships. They serve breakfast and dinner and are reserved primarily for those guests that are staying in an Aqua Class cabin. Blu is their dining room, unlike the MDR where everyone else eats, unless of course they pay for a specialty restaurant or choose to dine at the buffet or order room service. On a space available basis, those cruisers staying in a suite may also be allowed to dine there. All of the food is cooked to order, unlike the MDR food, which is prepared banquet style; and by perusing the menus that I have seen online, is for a more sophisticated palate. There is no additional cost and seating is open, unlike traditional main and late seating in the MDR.

We are new to X and cruising.....what is Blu??? Sorry if that is a silly question:rolleyes:

If you are Aqua class guests you get some perks They include a private resturant for breakfast and dinner. It is only availbe to Aqua Class and some suite guests It has a very relaxed atmosphere. The food is supposed to be "healthier" options, but you can still order the usual cruise fair. We like the private restaurant fee vs the banquet hall style of dining.

If you are Aqua class guests you get some perks They include a private resturant for breakfast and dinner. It is only availbe to Aqua Class and some suite guests It has a very relaxed atmosphere. The food is supposed to be "healthier" options, but you can still order the usual cruise fair. We like the private restaurant fee vs the banquet hall style of dining.

No fee- typo- should be We like the private restaurant feel ! Those ipads!!! Small key board

I think that we will go on X ...I am really getting excited about seeing a different cruiseline!

Thanks for all the posts!They are appreciated.

Now does anyone know where X docks in SJ ? I am looking to book the Numero Uno Best Guest house in SJ. Has anyone stayed there? I will ask on the SJ boards as well, but thought I would ask here too.

Celebrity docks at the Pan American Pier. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in the Condado area. It was a nice basic hotel with a continental breakfast in the morning. I think the cab ride was 10 or 15 minutes to the pier - of course we got there so early that we got stuck in a ton of traffic, so it took twice as long to actually get to the pier. (This was on our RCI cruise, but they both dock in the same area). My advice is to not get there right when the doors open - traffic will be horrible getting to the dock and your rooms won't be ready right away anyway. Stay and enjoy Old San Juan for a while and then show up at the ship about 2pm or so.

Celebrity docks at the Pan American Pier. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in the Condado area. It was a nice basic hotel with a continental breakfast in the morning. I think the cab ride was 10 or 15 minutes to the pier - of course we got there so early that we got stuck in a ton of traffic, so it took twice as long to actually get to the pier. (This was on our RCI cruise, but they both dock in the same area). My advice is to not get there right when the doors open - traffic will be horrible getting to the dock and your rooms won't be ready right away anyway. Stay and enjoy Old San Juan for a while and then show up at the ship about 2pm or so.
We also stayed in the Condado area at Le Consulat and decided to arrive early.

We were at the pier at 11:55 and there were NO lines at all. It was great!:)

BTW, there is a small duty free after security but before check-in. You can buy wine there.

They even tell you that you can take on 2 bottles each or board the ship and come back for more.

They also sell single liquor shots which we didn't buy as well as water and coke at high prices.

We had previously bought a 12 pack of water and slapped a luggage tag on it and dropped it off with the rest of the luggage.

It was waiting for us in our cabin.

Well, thanks for editing out the part of my post

Don't be upset, I cut quotes not to make you look misleading but to cut to the point of which I'm replying.

I fully agree that no cruise line beats Carnival for comedy

So we're in agreement :D

Archived