Brilliance Revitalised

Thanks so much for posting the pics! We are on Brilliance for the Canada/New England cruise this fall and I was dying to see some pictures.

Now, my DH needs to know, are the self-leveling pool tables still there hopefully? (He is excited to shoot on those).

Debbie

Thanks so much for posting the pics! We are on Brilliance for the Canada/New England cruise this fall and I was dying to see some pictures.

Now, my DH needs to know, are the self-leveling pool tables still there hopefully? (He is excited to shoot on those).

Debbie

Yes still in same place.

I must say, you have a VERY tactful way of expressing yourself when you say "it has not been sympathetically done" ! Either the pictures don't show it or they are missing sofas, loveseats and nice wing chairs for cozy conversations. Frankly, the Concierge Lounge doesn't look that much better. Neither looks all that large. I'm disappointed, but at least there are windows in both. I was surprised at the DL on the Allure...no windows but had a balcony overlooking the interior Promenade. At least BOS will have a nice view.

Yes it has windows, and yes, it is stuck in the corner of the VCL. Rather like a box...it has not been sympathetically done!

P1010385-M.jpg

I must say, you have a VERY tactful way of expressing yourself when you say "it has not been sympathetically done" ! Either the pictures don't show it or they are missing sofas, loveseats and nice wing chairs for cozy conversations. Frankly, the Concierge Lounge doesn't look that much better. Neither looks all that large. I'm disappointed, but at least there are windows in both. I was surprised at the DL on the Allure...no windows but had a balcony overlooking the interior Promenade. At least BOS will have a nice view.

the new Concierge lounge is excellent, lots bigger with a proper bar and the coffee/food area so much better plus it has a lovely outside area great for sailaways and views.

Did they lose the enclosed awkward room off to the right before getting to the Windjammer? There were big chairs and couches with tables. The seating was too low to comfortably eat there...It seemed like a huge waste of space. if anything, I bet they put a pay restaurant there.

The pictures of Rita's cantina...is that going back towards the outside seating are for the Windjammer. Possibly where they had more of the too low couches and tables?

We were on the Easter cruise, first time on this style of ship. We were amazed at the big open areas and the ample room between tables in the Windjammer. Even Schooners was huge...We have been on Explorer and Adventure and those ships seem crowded compared to the Brilliance.

Thanks for the info and pics!

Lauri

Did they lose the enclosed awkward room off to the right before getting to the Windjammer? There were big chairs and couches with tables. The seating was too low to comfortably eat there...It seemed like a huge waste of space....

Hmm. That's so interesting you say that because we rarely saw those tables and couches vacant. Well, people would sleep there, thus taking up room for people who wanted to eat there, but I thought it was a comfy area.

Hi Langley,

Yes, there were people in there all the time! We tried to eat there but found the set up awkward for eating...seating too low and not upright enough. It was like trying to eat from a LazyBoy! Later on we sat with ice tea and just chatted..it was very comfortable then. I thought it was awkward in the sense of what is this big enclosed space meant for? Great for gathering (or sleeping as you mentioned?) but awkward for eating. We are more used to Voyager class that did not have big open spaces like that! It was nice to be able to move around there and in the Windjammer and not knock into your neighbor like on Explorer or Adventure.

I looked on the RCI site and still see the space as it is...interesting. Do you know why they have so many dates with different floor plans? I thought once the ship was revitalized, that would be it. They have two other sets of deck plans but I didnt have the time to figure out what was different!

Have a great weekend!

Lauri

Archived